Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Fyne said:
DominicanBrazilian82 Sounds like 'shrinkage' I experince it too. Your hair has so much volume :yep:

Texlax day for me on Sat @ 28 weeks post

28 weeks :delicious: LOL! My new growth shrinks up my whole head. I can't even flat iron it straight :(. Haven't yet decided how long I want to stretch. 15 weeks by Oct 1. Or 21 weeks at Nov 15. Depends on my MN results at the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

DominicanBrazilian82 Girl!! If I dont stretch out my hair after cowash/wash day it shinks and I feel bald ha ha. I've been forced to put down the flat iron as it reverts so quick there is no point! :drunk: Yeah just go with the flow and take each week as it comes. I like that you broke it down into two goals :D

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

i am 2 days post. i am under processed, so i am going to relax again at the end of October. i was moving way too slow applying.

10 weeks post, although I was slightly underprocessed last time. I'm going for 12 weeks. I think I am going to self relax then go in to get some color and a trim maybe a cut 2 weeks after. I feel like I need something new, something refreshing.

11 weeks post and I want to do a touch-up mid-October (16 weeks) but my new growth is very soft because of my hair drying technique so it's gonna be a wait and see. I might relax mid-November or even December if my hair continues to behave this way.

About to be 7 weeks post. Too bummed to think about relaxing... I might try to stretch past my usual 12 weeks so that the cutting I had to do isn't so noticeable.

Just gone 7 & aiming for 12.

I think I'll achieve it as long as I'm co-washing and moisturising my new-growth.

With long hair it so much easier! Years ago when I wore a short cut I couldn't go so long because my cute chic cut grew out & not down! Lol

Misseyl said:
11 weeks post and I want to do a touch-up mid-October (16 weeks) but my new growth is very soft because of my hair drying technique so it's gonna be a wait and see. I might relax mid-November or even December if my hair continues to behave this way.

Misseyl what's your technique?

11 weeks post. Will be getting a touch up in two weeks.
I might stretch a little longer the next go round because I am getting better at moisturizing my new growth. The first time I stretched it was atrocious...lol.

I will be 7 weeks post on Thursday. My new growth is very soft this go round and I attribute that to increasing my water intake. I might relax at the end of October. Or not...

9 weeks post! Im planning my next TU to be a little before Christmas at about 20 weeks post. I think I'm going to order DB transitioning creme this weekend to help me with my new growth because it tends to get extremely dry

9 weeks and wish I could TU right freaking now. :(

11 weeks post

Trying to go at least 22 weeks

I self texlax with ElastaQP Regular but I promised myself that if I managed to go the full 22 weeks I would reward my new growth with a Phyto touch-up lol

oh, we gone make it!

mochalocks said:
7 weeks post, and my new growth is managable, and soft this time.

What are you using in the ng?

I'm almost 2 months. Using s-curl. Going to see if I can make it to three months.

I'm currently a few days shy of 24 weeks. I'm currently in a sew in, but heavily thinking of just texlaxing my hair. Last night, I had a dream of a big bucket of lye relaxer and my new growth :lol:.

pinkness27 said:
What are you using in the ng?

I'm almost 2 months. Using s-curl. Going to see if I can make it to three months.

Recently I washed and dc'ed my hair, and used dark and lovely's anti- reversion serum on my new growth.

I am 9 Weeks and I am over it.....I wanna relax!!!!!

But I always go 12 Weeks,and to think I was thinking about going 14 Weeks(sigh) we will see

14ish/15 weeks post. Forgot exactly what week I relaxed. In a sew in that's looking good but I'm dying to take it out just for a length check and because I wanna style it, lol. But I'll be strong, and I don't want to waste money so I'm keeping it in for at least another 4 weeks, hopefully 6 which will make me 18 weeks or 21 weeks post. I better be APL by then :)

I'm Currently 24 wks post relaxer and i'm stretching until Dec/Jan. I did aphogee 2 step yesterday and DC'd overnight and had really great result.

Back