Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm Currently 24 wks post relaxer and i'm stretching until Dec/Jan. I did aphogee 2 step yesterday and DC'd overnight and had really great result.

wow TeeSGee. Do you normally stretch this long? How are you wearing your hair during this time? By time you relax you'll be at least like 9 months post!

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

wow @TeeSGee. Do you normally stretch this long? How are you wearing your hair during this time? By time you relax you'll be at least like 9 months post!

@Brittster I've stretched for 7 mths before. I'm currently wearing my hair in buns to work, but i lightly blow dry and do one pass with the flat iron focusing on my roots mainly, i also do pontytail rollersets and only flat iron my roots. So far its going good; i didn't realize I was 24wks post until I came to this thread and decided to update. I'm currently airdrying in a low ponytail with scarf smoothing my edges.

ETA: thanks for ur review of Curl Junkie Smoothing lotion in the Curl Junkie thread, i decided to order based on ur comment and bcuz ur relaxed head and i love it.. i'm more texlaxed than relaxed and it made detangling so easy.

Last edited:
15 weeks and 5 days and I might not do the 20 weeks because b day coming up and might want a fresh relaxer even though it would end up being tesla see because using Linange relaxer but then again I might go the 20 weeks and just do a fresh roller set, I don't know.

@Brittster I've stretched for 7 mths before. I'm currently wearing my hair in buns to work, but i lightly blow dry and do one pass with the flat iron focusing on my roots mainly, i also do pontytail rollersets and only flat iron my roots. So far its going good; i didn't realize I was 24wks post until I came to this thread and decided to update. I'm currently airdrying in a low ponytail with scarf smoothing my edges.

ETA: thanks for ur review of Curl Junkie Smoothing lotion in the Curl Junkie thread, i decided to order based on ur comment and bcuz ur relaxed head and i love it.. i'm more texlaxed than relaxed and it made detangling so easy.

TeeSGee.. You're welcome! I'm glad you like it. It's a pretty good detangler. I'm here sitting under my heat cap with the Repair Me conditioner on my leave out hair. Seems like you have a pretty easy time managing your new growth.

Lilmama1011 said:
15 weeks and 5 days and I might not do the 20 weeks because b day coming up and might want a fresh relaxer even though it would end up being tesla see because using Linange relaxer but then again I might go the 20 weeks and just do a fresh roller set, I don't know.

End up being texlaxed*

I'm currently 46 weeks post. I plan on getting my next relaxer sometime in December, I will be going a salon and my beautician uses design essential relaxer!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I think i am 3 wks going to try and make it to 10 wks.

I'm 8 wks 2 days. I initially wanted to stretch for 24 weeks but now I think I'll stretch for 20 because of the 2012 APL challenge. I'll play it by ear.

I don't know because at 15 weeks and 5 days I did a roller set and I must say its looking nice and fresh, I might just do a fresh roller set on my bday. I want to make it to a even month and already passed 4 so I want to make it to five, that would be a big accomplishment, I stretched my hair and before I was almost armpit, I must say I am armpit now and that's without it being relaxed at the root. And can't wait Til me split ender is sent because I don't plan on doing blunt cuts anymore, it sacrifices too many inches and I want to see gains

I'm 17 weeks post (thanks to braids that I recently took out) and plan to relax in the next 2-3 weeks, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I am currently six weeks post and my sulphur and oils on my scalp has my newgrowth super soft and manageable. No relaxing in sight unless it just becomes unruly in the next two weeks or so.....stretching for the long haul if I can.

18 weeks. I was thinking about transitioning (long term before cutting) but idk.

5 weeks post. Planning to relax November 17

Relaxing with Mizani Butter Blends No Lye

Probably going to self relax

Last edited:

11 weeks post..only 7 more to go! Cowashing has made this stretch very easy

3 weeks post and 5 more to go. Since this is my first time relaxing I'll stretch gradually, first 8 weeks then each relaxer session I'll add a week between touch ups:)

12 weeks 8 more to go! Although I've figured out a routine to manage my new growth ( cowashing with aussie moist, and evco as my leave in) I'm getting single plaits next week to keep my hands out of my hair.

Almost 4 weeks post, and I have 11 weeks till my next relaxer. I'll be using mizani butter blend no lye (first time try out) at a salon. Has anyone tried this relaxer? If so how did you find it?

7 weeks, 1 day post!

WEN Fig makes it feel like I'm only a few weeks post! :grin:

Almost 4 weeks post, and I have 11 weeks till my next relaxer. I'll be using mizani butter blend no lye (first time try out) at a salon. Has anyone tried this relaxer? If so how did you find it?

Nix08 - do you use this relaxer???

I use Mizani Lye...I do like it but I periodically struggle with it getting my hair bone straight. But it could just be my lack of patience:look:

10 weeks, I'm sure I won't go past 16, and might even let someone else do my next touch-up :shocked:

I'm 8 weeks and 2 days post.

Back