Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Will be 9 wks post Sat and plan to relax. I'm going on vaca and I am not in the mood for hair drama/stretching this time around. My last stretch was a disaster and I'm NOT exaggerating. I have not relaxed at 9 wks post since 2007......wow

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

1 day post - previous relaxer was May 2012

ORS super

Next touch up December (will stretch longer with weave or wig)

Can you girls mention your relaxers? for some reason Im no longer impressed with Linange, looking to change

FelaShrine said:
Can you girls mention your relaxers? for some reason Im no longer impressed with Linange, looking to change

I use ORS Olive Oil No-Lye Relaxer. I've been using it a good 2 or 3 yrs. I love it.

I'm 10 weeks and I'll be relaxing in 2 weeks. And I'm self-relaxing with Affirm Fiberguard sensitive scalp relaxer.

11 weeks and 1 day and I am thinking of doing something dramatic hear and do another 9 weeks if it doesn't get too difficult

Lilmama1011 said:
11 weeks and 1 day and I am thinking of doing something dramatic hear and do another 9 weeks if it doesn't get too difficult

I'm trying for the same length of time *Support System* and could really use someone to keep me on track :)

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 4.5 weeks

When is your next touch up? Sept 22nd

What relaxer will you use? ORS Olive Oil Lye

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?[/B] Mom is a cosmetologist & she does a great job :-)

Last edited:

9 weeks, striving for 16 weeks. So far so good. Got a good technique that keeps my new growth in check. I'll share it later on when I'm in my 14 week, that if it still works.

I'll be 11 weeks post tomorrow. I plan on relaxing at 16 weeks. I've figured out that the key is lo manipulation. I'll be taking my cornrows out this weekend and putting in plaits. I plain on keeping the plaits in and only taking them down to rebraid one at a time until I relax.

I'm 12 weeks post and feel like a helmet head :(. Trying to stretch to 2nd week in November. My last relaxer was 6.21... Need some inspiration...

image-1807914985.jpg

image-1144910835.jpg

Plus, my hair doesn't show any new length!!! Tons of new growth! But no new length! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

I am 3 days post :lol: next relaxer in 28 weeks

4 weeks post. May go beyond 12 weeks this time......maybe.

Currently 11 weeks post. I have found through trial and error that 12-13 weeks is my limit before the breakage at the line of demarcation starts to outweigh the benefits of stretching, so I will be relaxing at the end of the month, and I hope to be officially APL by then (don't go by my avatar; that was taken in Dec of last year. Will update after my next touch up). :grin:

2 weeks post. I'm only going 8 weeks this time around.

I'm going on 11 weeks post this Saturday. I think I may relax at the end of the month.

2 weeks post. Next will most likely be ending of Dec or first week of Jan.

koolkittychick said:
Currently 11 weeks post. I have found through trial and error that 12-13 weeks is my limit before the breakage at the line of demarcation starts to outweigh the benefits of stretching, so I will be relaxing at the end of the month, and I hope to be officially APL by then (don't go by my avatar; that was taken in Dec of last year. Will update after my next touch up). :grin:

I'm hoping by my relaxer I'm your avi length. *Pretty*

I'm 12 weeks post and feel like a helmet head :(. Trying to stretch to 2nd week in November. My last relaxer was 6.21... Need some inspiration...

View attachment 167543

View attachment 167547

Plus, my hair doesn't show any new length!!! Tons of new growth! But no new length! LOL

DominicanBrazilian82 Sounds like 'shrinkage' I experince it too. Your hair has so much volume :yep:

Texlax day for me on Sat @ 28 weeks post

I'll be 18 weeks post Friday. Not sure when I'm relaxing.

About 12.5 weeks post! I wore my hair out for 10 -11 weeks and then I got my install at the beginning of September. Hoping to make it to 24 weeks which is right around thanksgiving.

Back