Really BIG choppers (1 to 3 inches) support thread

Late as usual, but this is a great thread. After I reached mid-back, just got bored and cut it off. BC'd in July so I'm two months in. I CW every other day with Suave, and use conditioner as my styler along with castor oil or coconut oil. On dry hair I use shea butter.
Can't figure out how to add a pic.........:wallbash:

Wow! Did you cut it all the way down? If I went natural I know I would have to do something like this. Dealing with the two textures makes me too anxious.

My hair is coming along, my twa does have a tendency to be fuzzy though, any suggestions to reduce the fuzz?
Well the only suggestion i could give you, is not to touch your hair when it still dry, it makes the hair gets fuzzy.

i dont know why i never came in this thread. now i gotta play catch up lol. but anyway i bc'd my hair down to less than an inch back in april. it was a big change for me from my almost bsl hair but now my hair is like 7 inches long i think and growing just fine. it grew a lot during the summer because i was co washing and rubbing my scalp everyday.
when i first chopped nothing really made my hair feel soft. everything made my hair hard. but i dont think it was a moisture problem, i think it was because my curls were so small that they just curled up tight and felt hard. now almost anything natural makes my hair soft lol.

I bc'd 11/13/09 and showed my dad and brother my newly cut hair on thanksgiving....it did NOT go well. "why the F did you cut off all that hair" - dad and of course " you look weird.....grow it back and dont do this again" - brother. I dont even want to discuss the arguments my mother had with me about this although she was the one who helped me BC. Thank god i waited till i moved out to do this or else it would have went down a lot worse.

Anyways I have braids now and plan on wearing braids till the summer when my hair grows out some more. I transitioned for about 6 months or so and I still need to get a decent cut cuz i have straight hairs and its uneven. My hair is 4AB and thick as hell. I am really in need of figuring out what will moisturize my hair cuz it looks dry even when its not.

i dont know why i never came in this thread. now i gotta play catch up lol. but anyway i bc'd my hair down to less than an inch back in april. it was a big change for me from my almost bsl hair but now my hair is like 7 inches long i think and growing just fine. it grew a lot during the summer because i was co washing and rubbing my scalp everyday.
when i first chopped nothing really made my hair feel soft. everything made my hair hard. but i dont think it was a moisture problem, i think it was because my curls were so small that they just curled up tight and felt hard. now almost anything natural makes my hair soft lol.
Same here, is like now everything works on my hair now, i just had a DC a few minutes ago and my hair is silky and smooth :drunk:

Welcome to the thread, hope you can give us some feedbacks and suggestions

I bc'd 11/13/09 and showed my dad and brother my newly cut hair on thanksgiving....it did NOT go well. "why the F did you cut off all that hair" - dad and of course " you look weird.....grow it back and dont do this again" - brother. I dont even want to discuss the arguments my mother had with me about this although she was the one who helped me BC. Thank god i waited till i moved out to do this or else it would have went down a lot worse.

Anyways I have braids now and plan on wearing braids till the summer when my hair grows out some more. I transitioned for about 6 months or so and I still need to get a decent cut cuz i have straight hairs and its uneven. My hair is 4AB and thick as hell. I am really in need of figuring out what will moisturize my hair cuz it looks dry even when its not.
Wow, hope you feel good with the change, ppl will tell you everything but at the end is you´re opinion that matters

I tried my first roller set with perm rods yesterday. Wore it today and it did not go well. It just doesn't look right. Plus it rained today. My dryness issue are pretty nonexistent. I still seal with Crisco and I use Lustrasilk Cholesterol as a Leave-In.

I BC in October to 1/2 inch. Now my hair is 2 inches long. I'm glad Taina made this Thread so we can help and support each other. I miss my long hair, but I'm glad that it's going to grow back a lot more healthier than ever, especially that I've learned how to take care of my hair.

Okay, I already know I need to never visit this thread again. Everyone looks so cute with their short hair!! I'll be tempted to start shaving my head again!

So this is my attempt at putting up a picture.
Don't laugh at me:look:

Attachments

• IMG00117-20091003-1325.jpg
    IMG00117-20091003-1325.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
Sooo .. i did the bc tonight ... it looks ... different. Don't know if I like it yet . My first thought after I washed out the henna and conditioner is ... I look like a sad boy . Im glad the relaxed ends are gone ... very happy actually. But this look is ... quite something . Hopefully i can work it tomorrow ...

Sooo .. i did the bc tonight ... it looks ... different. Don't know if I like it yet . My first thought after I washed out the henna and conditioner is ... I look like a sad boy . Im glad the relaxed ends are gone ... very happy actually. But this look is ... quite something . Hopefully i can work it tomorrow ...

Congrats on your bc! I had a similiar reaction when I bc'd in Sept, didn't really like it, but didn't not like it either. It definitely took some getting used to! Don't worry, it'll grow on you, just rock it like the curly diva that you are!

Congrats on your bc! I had a similiar reaction when I bc'd in Sept, didn't really like it, but didn't not like it either. It definitely took some getting used to! Don't worry, it'll grow on you, just rock it like the curly diva that you are!

thanks for the support, i'm just looking forward to when I do my full face tomorrow .. eyebrows and all ..

thanks for the support, i'm just looking forward to when I do my full face tomorrow .. eyebrows and all ..
OMG Plastc, I'm soooooooo happ for you:yep:. You are brave my dear. I too don't think I will last all that long in my transition, and honestly I don't want to. I would have BC by now if it weren't so darn COLD here, so I'll wait for the weather to break and I can't wait to wear my natural styles.

I'm sure you're gonna be beautiful, just sleep on it, make you're face and eyebrows fabulos and WORK IT.

Again CONGRATS.

So this is my attempt at putting up a picture.
Don't laugh at me:look:

You look too cute! You have a good head shape for it.

What lenght are you right now?

I am SL now.

Congrats! I thought so too but I got hit on so much by men and given nasty looks by women I figure I was the only one thinking negatively. I bet you will look fantastic.

Last edited:
Hi ladies! Just wanted to check in. My hair has been growing very well. However, the longer it grows the looser my textures is and it kind of reverted back to how it was at first when the hair in the back and sides was wavy and the top was curly. That is getting on my nerves so while I wait for some more growth I'm in senegalese twist for now.

Pics of my growth:

Sorry for the face cover ups. It was late and I was looking a hot mess

OMG Plastc, I'm soooooooo happ for you:yep:. You are brave my dear. I too don't think I will last all that long in my transition, and honestly I don't want to. I would have BC by now if it weren't so darn COLD here, so I'll wait for the weather to break and I can't wait to wear my natural styles.

I'm sure you're gonna be beautiful, just sleep on it, make you're face and eyebrows fabulos and WORK IT.

Again CONGRATS.

I can imagine how you feel , im in AC right now , and I have to keep a hood over my head because it is COLD!

You look too cute! You have a good head shape for it.

I am SL now.

Congrats! I thought so too but I got hit on so much by men and given nasty looks by women I figure I was the only one thinking negatively. I bet you will look fantastic.

I honestly thought people were not going to like it . But EVERYONE who has seen it so far lovessss it, especially the men ... i look the same way .. but im wearing contacts instead of glasses. I mean im really in shock at the responses i have gotten , and this is only at work

I BC'd tonight! I only have an inch of hair. Its my fourth time doing a BC but this is the shortest I've ever had it. As soon as I figure out how to upload pics I'm going to put some up.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using T-Mobile myTouch 3G

Back