Really BIG choppers (1 to 3 inches) support thread

jejeje yep, just wanted to se a different style, but my flat iron also still to big for my hair, and i don't plan to get the small one i saw in walmart, neither a small curling iron. I wanted to try some Halle Berry xD but my hair didn't behave.

Oh, I remember those days. Don't worry, you'll get there and will be rolling away. You'll look back and laugh at these days. I had to use on of those little, itty, bitty curling irons to get the backs and sides back in June. Now, I can get them with a 1 inch flat iron. That is when I flat iron. I am pretty much staying away from the heat. That's why I'm pretty much estimating the growth now. I have a lot of shrinkage.
jejeje yep, just wanted to se a different style, but my flat iron also still to big for my hair, and i don't plan to get the small one i saw in walmart, neither a small curling iron. I wanted to try some Halle Berry xD but my hair didn't behave.

I finally did my hair in twists. I liked it. They are really good for keeping my hair moisturized too. I added a little beanie.

Last edited:
i M DEF SUBBING THIS THREAD. I'M 8 MOS POST AND I'M READY. LADIES U HAVE INSPIRED ME TO B LIKE NIKEY AND JUST DO IT! :yep:

ETA: ANYBODY HAVE EXTREMELY DRY NAPE? THAT IS GOING TO BE MY PROBLEM CHILD. WHAT R U DOING FOR IT. I'M THINKING OF LETTING HUBBY CUT IT TOMORROW AND ANY PRODS THAT I NEED FOR THAT AREA, I WANT TO GET WHEN I GO TO THE BS. HE CUTS THESE HAIR CUTS ALL THE TIME. HE'S A BARBER AND HAS A LARGE FOLLOWING OF FEMALE CLIENTELE. THIS WILL BE MY SECOND TIME BCING IN ABOUT 8 YRS. O MY WHat to do! what to do!?#

Last edited:
I did my first set of 2-strand twists yesterday, it took like 5 hours, and when I was done I felt like they were too short to be professional enough for work. So I wore a twistout to work today instead. That came out really cute, but I can't do 5 hours worth of twisting just to take the twists down.

Hello ladies,

After lerking around this thread, youtube, and Oprah yesturday (which was an amaizing show) I did the BC after 3 months of transitioning.

I think my stylist cut a little to much but I'm happy so far:yep:

I just wanted to say thank you ladies for the good advice

I finally did my hair in twists. I liked it. They are really good for keeping my hair moisturized too. I added a little beanie.

Great thread, I have worn my hair in twists since Monday, I have to my twa is not liking the wag's any more.

I bced in June after a short transition, now its October and month six since my last relaxer and my twists are big but not long enough, I can not wear my hair loose anymore because I am getting knots on my ends. I spray each morning with glycerin but It might be time for a twist out soon. I am ashamed to say that my mind wondered back to the relaxer the other day:nono: but ladies i have hyped up going natural so much to my family and friends that I can not go back:grin:, so here we go, looking forward to your support.

I did the BC, but wanted to be able to rock it so my stylist cut it down to less than 2 inches.

I've only been cowashing, then put S-curl, then Fantasia IC gel. So it's winter and with a wet head everyday, I got sick. I do NOT like the way it looks totally dry.

Any one manage to look good with dry hair? How?

Can you ladies who have done twists post your pics?

I was feeling self-concious about mine, so I wanna see some pics of everyone elses.

I know Im late but I want to join in too :) I just bc'd on Monday and my hair is just a little under an inch stretched.

Im glad I found this thread. I have been searching everywhere for hairstyling tips and what not, but all examples I was seeing was from women who have a good amount of length and are able to do braids and twists and twa's.

This isnt my first time doing a BC but it is the first time that I plan to grow it all natural.

Thanks for all the tips so far, and I hope I am able to add a few in the near future :grin:

Determined as soon as I do some more and can get a good clear pic I will post. My camera sucks.

I have FINALLY figured out shingling. My hair pretty much has definition on it's own but it always frizzed and drew up tight. But I have found the solution to that and moisture issues. Lustrasilk Olive Oil and Crisco!

I CW, get the drips out with a towel. Put my hair in 4 sections and moisturize with Lustrasilk(mixed with some type of oil) and then seal it with Crisco.

After I do each section I do ponytails with the no pull things. I then let it get to 75% dry before I take them out and let them airdry(a diffuser would probably work too).

My hair comes out so soft. I don't know why but it's a keeper. I have gotten so many compliments. If I can get a clear pic I will post.

Hi I big chopped about three weeks ago. This is my third time and hopefully my final.

The first time I cw almost daily. I used carrot oil, b&b aloe moisturizer, aloe gel, rosewater and glycerin and motions moisturizer. I am sure there is more. I did twists, wore headbands or just wore it out.

The second time I basically did the same thing like first time but about six months after I started wearing braids. This past april I got a relaxer at a salon and later did my own touch up. It was a disaster that lead to breaking and so I decided to cut it.

I'm debating whether or not I want to get kinky twists and keep them until the end of the year.

I know as soon as I get them I'll miss my twa, but at the same time I want to cut down on the daily manipulation.

I have done a really BIG CHOP! See my Fotki if you wish to understand - I went BALD!! This is the second time I have big chopped. Did it about 10 years ago before I started my locs.

I've found my homemade spritz mixture really helpful in keeping my hair moisturised and really SOFT! I put water, pure aloe vera gel, some conditioner (I'm using Triple Nutrition and Hello Hydration), wheat germ oil and few drops peppermint oil in a spray bottle.

I spray my hair with this then I seal with my whipped shea butter or with jojoba oil. It stays SOFT!

HTH

Ok, so this is what I did last night/this morning.

I have had the same complaint as a lot of y'all. Extreme dryness, and no definition of curls because it is so short. It felt like a brillo pad lol..so this is what I did.

Last night, I pre-poo'd with Acclaim cholestoral deep conditioner for about 15 min. Then, I hopped in the shower rinsed, and poo'd and conditioned with Giovanni (I found some trial sizes at my HEB for only $1.99! yay!)
I came out the shower and towel dried, and let my hair airdry for about 10 min.. Then I put some Cantu shea butter leave-in, in and put on a shower cap and scarf and went to bed.

When I woke up this morning, it was still pretty juicy, so I let it airdry for approx 30 min while I got dressed. Then, I rubbed in some IC Fantasia gel.

It is super-duper soft, and I even have a few curls now!!

I know the pic isn't that good (sorry), but as you can see my hair is less than an inch long.

I need some help with the night time stuff too. I usually just moisturize and put a satin cap on. I co-wash almost every morning though, put some shea butter in, seal it with oil and go. I'm scared that its getting to cold for that now:nono:

Well i started to put Moegrow in the front of my hair, because i does not grow as fast as the back hair, Besides that i use tresemme ultra hidratación, the hair is soft almost the whole day, i still co-wash my hair everyday cuz thanks god, the winter is not that bad here.

Anyway, i wnat to post some pictures i've taken in november.

SANY0303-vi.jpg

Back