Real Talk: Hair Confessions

I overlapped my relaxer accidentally the other day. Now I'm scared I'll have breakage down the line. Might have to start having someone else do my touchups.

I really think that once I hit APL and beyond (and drop 25lbs), I'm gonna be one bad ****. :look: :lol: :look:

A larger part of me than I care to admit is growing my hair out for my man's pleasure. He absolutely loved me with short hair but always *wondered* what I would look like with longer hair. Now that it's growing out, homeboy is just in heaven (me too :look: :lick:). :D I ain't mad at that...

It really irks me when my friends with long glorious hair have horrible hair practices (frequent touchups, weekly blowdrying, wearing hair out every single day). Whereas if I use a blowdryer two weeks in a row, my ish is all over the sink. Ah well. :)

There is a very small part of me, waaaaay in the back of my head that doesn't think my hair will grow. It's because it never has before; this is truly the longest my hair has ever been. So to think that it will get LONGER is just... unthinkable. :perplexed

I have severe, severe, severe hair anorexia.

OMG! I thought I was the only one....this chick I work with has beautiful hair, she's gets a relaxer every 4 weeks (sometimes 3 weeks) and wears it down EVERYDAY!!!

I wish my hair was more in the 3s than the 4s. Nice thick bouncy spirals down my back :ohwell:

You can have this type 2/3 mess in the nape of my head. :wallbash: I confess that I HATE this part of my hair. It just hangs there, it doesn't shrink up with the rest of my hair, and it makes me look like I have a mullet. I would cut it off but I wear my hair straight sometimes and that would look crazy.

I havent washed my hair in a week and a half and I feel so gross about that.

I am determined to go natural but I have NO styling ability. I just want to be relaxer free.

I know that when I do become natural I wont feel comfortable with my hair untill its as long as it is now.

I am too chicken to get a weave but I am setting up an appointment for one next week. I may just chicken out again and get braids.

I Hate my hair when its shot!!!!!!:ohwell:

But i just cut it in to a long bob, but i dont want to admit to myself that I should have never cut it.:wallbash: so my avatar is a lie.

BUT on the other hand it will grow back.

I have agree with Que! I'm thinking about cutting my hair to a twa!

I use to love long hair...I wanted it so bad. Now that I have it I am having second thoughts!
Be careful what you wish for! I am looking at all these cute hair styles on the board I use to rock when my hair was shorter...man I miss that.

Me too.

I wish I didn't transition for so long I did it for almost a year and now I look back and see all of the cute stuff I could have done but I was too afraid of doing.

I think I want to cut my hair off - really short. It is so much easier to maintain.

All I thought I wanted was a big puff, and it's pretty big now, but now all I think I want is short hair.

I hate obsessing over my hair....shhhh I know that is blasphemy on this board.

I wish my texture were curlier and not so dang frizzy...I love my hair don't get my wrong, but sometimes I wish I had pretty curls with bling that I didn't have to put 50-11 products on and fuss over every dang day.

Since I've been natural I've never worn a protective style. I know...I know

Sometimes I get tempted to relax my hair bone straight, but I don't have healthy relaxed hair. I just don't - this is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life.

* I go back and forth daily on weather or not I want to loc my hair

* my biggest motivation in growing out my hair is to shut the haters up who said it can't be done

* I think I'm a sexy *** chick no matter how I wear my hair

* I think with the right procucts, tlc and a patience natural hair can be managed easily
:)

right now i feel that i don't want to ever go natural....

^^^^^:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:^^^^^
Even though I considered transitioning for one split second, I love the way my relaxed hair looks and have never had any major issues like scalp burns, bald patches, etc. (knock on wood) with relaxers over the past 21 years! I know relaxers are not for everyone, but they are definitely for me :)

• I am jealous of anyone who can wrap hair well. I get stuck after I do the first part. I have given up trying due to my severe stupidity.
  • I hate my once beautiful temple and nape
  • I wish I was a 3B/3C
  • It took one year and 2 months for my bangs to get to my chin. Yet the rest of my hair is not that retarded

You can have this type 2/3 mess in the nape of my head. :wallbash: I confess that I HATE this part of my hair. It just hangs there, it doesn't shrink up with the rest of my hair, and it makes me look like I have a mullet. I would cut it off but I wear my hair straight sometimes and that would look crazy.

Lauren (guess what my name is :lachen:) I would rock your hair (and boots :yep:) in a hot second! Your hair is FA-BU-LOUS!

Nobody should be this much into hair. Its beyond an obsession. My hubby and I were in bed making out and he said "Stop twirling your hair!" LMAO Instead of stopping I wanted to kick him in the gut.

Me and my hair are gonna run away to some deserted place where Shea Butter roams LOL

I have no idea what I'm doing with my hair. I thought by upping my DC's per week, my hair would be in better shape. I was wrong:perplexed. Im considering cutting it all off but I'm not sure.

im in love with my hair right now.
i cant stop planning weeks ahead about what shampoo im going to use, what deep conditiioner im going to use.
while im at work im constantly thinking about going home to moisturize, seal and wrap my hair.
yesterday a spanish lady told me as i was walking by "ooooohhh nice hair lady". boy did that make my day.

im debating getting some phyto stuff seeing as how its so expensive.
i have my staples but i just cant stop buying stuff.

I am actually tired of my hair and seriously contemplating paying my barber a visit once I am back in the USA this summer. After wearing an effortless BC for 8yrs, these past 3yrs of growing my hair out has taken a toll. I'm tired of fooling w/hair....If I were brave enough, I would BC myself :rolleyes:

i think i'm not going to do the wig thing. it just seems like too much trouble for me. how i'm taking care of my hair right now is very easy. no stress about it. i wonder are people really being honest about what they are doing to their hair when they complain about breakage?

It's been 2 weeks since I've gotten my hair done and I really don't want to wash it myself. I ran out of shampoo and conditioner and don't want to clog the shower drain again. Let's not even talk about the amount of time I'd have to spend detangling this 9-month post hair. ugh...I'm a bit worried that my hair has not reverted yet...I should lay off on the heat and I will...So, I guess I might have to wait till I go home in 2 weeks (Ewww... I know). Maybe this weekend...

I AM transitioning but I cannot fathom doing the BC anytime soon. I love my hair! It makes me feel sexy:blush: I don't mind the attention either. lol. But I really wan to go natural... decisions, decisions.

Nobody should be this much into hair. Its beyond an obsession. My hubby and I were in bed making out and he said "Stop twirling your hair!" LMAO Instead of stopping I wanted to kick him in the gut.

Me and my hair are gonna run away to some deserted place where Shea Butter roams LOL

LOL you're crazy.

:ohwell: OK HERE GOES

(music notes) These are my confessions

I initially went natural only because I knew my hair was 3b/3a and fine. Though its been a great ride, I am secretly.....:weird: wanting a long weave. but I'm lazy because that would mean I have to come my hair every day.

I only want to do the 'natural thing " in the summer. I want hi-lites and dag gonenit i want them NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a terminal PJ and I have had indian bazaar send boxes to my job so my DH wouldnt see how much I was getting.

I hang my head in shame now.

Bad DD

I only feel pretty when my hair is down and straight...otherwise, i just feel *blah*:ohwell:
The main reasons why I'm growing my hair is for:
1. male attention, and
2. to feel better about the way I look :ohwell:

I have a brand new bottle of Shescenti hair masque waiting for me in the bathroom. It took all my strength and will power not to wash my hair this morning. I can hear the bottle calling me from 16 miles away.. "Maria.. wash your herr... Mariahhhhh" (yes my bottle has a Southern accent in my dreams)

*I used to daydream about relaxing my hair and how easy it was.
*I am still waiting to get back to my length from when I was relaxed.
*I also wish I knew how to wrap my hair like a pro.
*My hair does better when I use heat and keep it straight. Otherwise, I get knots and breakage.
*Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have bangs.
*Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a cute bob.
*I am afraid to go to a stylist. I haven't seen one in over 2 years. I've done everything myself since then and my hair is fine so why should I go?
*I am obsessed with hair. When I see people on the street, sometimes I follow them just to stare at their hair.
*Sometimes I see people and just want to cut off their bad ends.
*I feel embarrassed when I see people with slicked down baby hair with nasty brown gel.

Back