Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I really feel more and more that constant moist ends is the key to healthy ends and the ability to retain length by eliminating breakage....off to saturate my ends with my beloved s-curl followed by evoo

Last edited:
Just read something in a thread about Beyond the Zone Protein Cocktail. I wish there was a more comprehensive product review list. Anyone here ever tried this? What do you think? I'm 8 months into my transition and I have breakage which I've determined isn't due to lack of moisture.

I was reading Ultra Black Hair Growth II, and the way she kept describing "Black" hair was really rubbing me the wrong way.

I understand the notion of sebum and protecting moisture from leaving the hair shaft and coating the hair so it doesn't break (which is pretty much what she meant), but she kept talking about our hair like Black people are mutants. It annoyed the hell outta me. Her diction/tone throughout the book was all kinds of wrong to me.

On another note, I finally bought a length check tank! I super suck at measuring growth so this should help.

Oh... I perfectly understand then. Seems like she was stressing on that point a little too much. People should really check their tone when writing. :look:

Where does everyone get these shirts and tanks? I want one! :grin:

I seriously can't thank AlliCat enough for recommending the Argan Oil restorative mask.

I just washed my hair with Vo5 moisture mlks shampoo (which I love) but because of so much buildup on my scalp and leave-out hair from my weave, I had to wash my hair a couple times and a couple GOOD time :look:

Either way, I didn't like how my hair was feeling, as expected after not doing anything to it for over a month...literally. Well as soon as the mask hit my hair, it literally turned my hair into butter. It was truly unbelievable.

Anywho, I now have silicon mix conditioner mixed with a john frieda clear glaze (for shine) on my head, with no intentions of taking it off anytime soon.

I will rinse, apply the silicon mix leave-in, a dab of argan oil, blow dry, and flat iron in preparation for my relaxer day :yay:

I missed my hair :love2: and my NG is popping. Waves for days...

I am going to try to put in some twist with added hair this weekend. Doing them myself because I dont want to have to deal woth a a stylist pulling out my edges....

if it works I'll be able to keep it in for a couple of months and just redo the edges myself on wash days ... I dont think I will even be doing my whole head...just the perimeter so I can pull it up into a bun

I feel like having to deal with my hair on is just making me feel frustrated..

Picture of my first box braids. I have curls in them now but the I haven't took another picture. I did them on dry hair then oil them with my Dr. Miracles intensive spot serum and Tree Tea oil. I apply some Suave mousse and put my rollers in.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1307389336144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307389336144.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 25
Oh... I perfectly understand then. Seems like she was stressing on that point a little too much. People should really check their tone when writing. :look:

Where does everyone get these shirts and tanks? I want one! :grin:

Yea she was doing too much and then some. It was clear that writing isn't her strong area... :look:

I got this one - http://hairlistainc.spreadshirt.com/black-pink-tank-sl-A5467386/customize/color/2/customize/color/2

I wanted a tank instead of a tshirt b/c I have to pull my hair down my back myself so I didn't want my arm moving and shift the numbers or anything.

I love spending time on my hair. I shampoo/steam/etc twice a week, and I literally look forward to those days.

I need a life. Or a real hobby. Or a man :perplexed ......... lol :drunk:

OK, so I went to Sally Beauty Supply and the one of the sale ladies met me at the door and said "what are you buying now". We joke with each other every time I go in there so I know she meant no harm but does that mean I am in that store too often???

I don't care she let me know the new shipment will come in on Wednesday so guess who will be making a guest appearance on that day........

Silicon Mix is a keeper. I will be purchasing the large tub, when this small one runs out.
But the floral smell is not the business :nono:

And i'm chasing MBL dreams :)

9pqae.jpg

I've been stretching my hair to the front for length checks :paperbag: and thought I was an inch or so to APL, but my hopes were dashed when I asked my SO to stretch the back down my back and take a photo - at least 3 inches to go! :pyro:

sigh. I need to muster up the motivation to start these yarn braids....they need to be finished by wednesday.

Just read something in a thread about Beyond the Zone Protein Cocktail. I wish there was a more comprehensive product review list. Anyone here ever tried this? What do you think? I'm 8 months into my transition and I have breakage which I've determined isn't due to lack of moisture.

jazzerz

Hey was it me if so. I can answer any questions you have.

My DD is natural always has been.
Her hair type is 4ab, texture is fine-course very similar to Kimmaytube

She was always getting splits even though I hardly use heat and she stays in braids.

I was constantly doing search and destroys.

I first incorporated a biweekly protein shampoo and condish (Millcreek Keratin) I first do a reg wash with Trader Joes nourish spa spiked with some tea tree oil (she has seborrah dermatitis) I saw this worked well but she still needed more.

I then purchases the Protein cocktail after looking for one that I could spray on. IT MUST be sprayed on product free hair. I usually spray it on as a leave in 1-2x's a week on the braids that are close to the scalp ( I also add tea tree oil to it ) and then I apply Millcreek biotin conditioner to the length.

If you plan on using it as a reconstructor make sure it is done on clean hair; there should not be any conditioner applied to the hair prior to using this or else it wont work. The shampoo that you use should have cleaned your hair. I would suggest using a reg shampoo not one that says conditioning or moisturizing.

I hope this helps

coconut oil + maxiglide = glosssssssssy soft hurr!!!

Finally did a trim and loving it!

Trying pincurls tonight!

Okay so detangled today and got more breakage but, I think I know why. In reading through my journal, my hair seems to soak up product and detangle best when still slightly damp, around 90% dry. If I wait until I 100% dry, I tend to have dry patches and the hair doesn't detangle as well. NOTED. Hope this theory is the right theory and it's not something else.

...I forgot the exact date of when I make a year. I know it is this month. Somewhere between the 8th and the 10th. Meh, anyway I'm going to blow my hair out see how long it is. I'm ready for the cornrows to come out.
Its time for a trim too.

...I forgot the exact date of when I make a year. I know it is this month. Somewhere between the 8th and the 10th. Meh, anyway I'm going to blow my hair out see how long it is. I'm ready for the cornrows to come out.
Its time for a trim too.

DrC, take some pictures for me! :grin: Definitely dying to see that hair of yours! :drunk:

By the way, give the deets on your siggy! You're just too funny! :grin: :lol: :lol:

I have cornrows in and they keep tickling and itching my nape! So annoying. Holding out for one more week with these, though.

Also, I have this developing e-crush on Seanbaby. Not hair-related, but whatever. :infatuated:

Back