Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Sitting here with SSI Okra Recon in my hair about to rinse out and apply AE Garlic con and I really want to try something new. Maybe I will use Jasmine Avocado and Silk. Yeah thats what I'm going to do and cowash with BFH Yarrow and Hibiscus cleansing con.

*sigh* Haircrush is going to make me go natural. I LOVE her hair!
faint.gif

Sitting under the steamer and MAN this shiggity gets hot!! Maybe i shouldnt have put nettle/pepprmint oil in the water & DC--felt like my scalp was on FIRE for a sec! :couchfire: LOL It's all good though. I'll give my first time review for this steamer doo-hickey after I finish DC'ing.

P.S. I am itching to put another weave in my head. Fight the urge newnyer, FIGHT! (Unless my fav hair weave goes on sale)

Last edited:
Sitting under the steamer and MAN this shiggity gets hot!! Maybe i shouldnt have put nettle/pepprmint oil in the water & DC--felt like my scalp was on FIRE for a sec! :couchfire: LOL It's all good though. I'll give my first time review for this steamer doo-hickey after I finish DC'ing.

P.S. I am itching to put another weave in my head. Fight the urge newnyer, FIGHT! (Unless my fav hair weave goes on sale)

I know exactly what you mean, I have had mine for about 3 years and I still can't get over hot that thing is. But I love the results.............

Between working promos, helping my brother move, and making my invitations for my upcoming wedding...my poor hair is feeling slightly neglected this weekend. I bought the supplies I need to make my own wig. We'll see how this comes out lmao

Um yeah. So I didn't press my hair. I dunno man, its just too hot and humid, and I work out hard, to the point where the sweat isrunning down my scalp. I don't wanna force myself to do it either. Since my scalp hates co-washes I've been water rinsing my hair in addition to the 2x a week wash and DCs to help keep my scalp clean. I Think I'm gonna start putting tea tree oil on my scalp too for the anti microbial benefit:yep: I'm thinking that I'll lay off the heat training until its cool and less humid, like November :look: I'll just enjoy the S-curl season and let it be for now. If my hair starts looking a HAM then I'll reconsider but for now I'm leaving the mop alone.

Why does the Cantu Shea Butter Leave in say to avoid putting product directly on new growth? That's exactly where I put it. O_o

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

WTF is this "biological trait" that "as Blacks" makes our hair dry??? Or...it's because the curl is tighter so it's harder for the sebum to travel down the hair shaft fully? WTH is this garbage?

Glad I had my hair in a PS yesterday (but) when it got really warm, but I really should have been wearing a hat...well, at least the clouds are rolling in.

So I guess I am still retaining length. Imma start alternating DCs every 1 1/2 months between Tresemme and Pantene since that seems to be when my hair starts to get tired of it.:ohwell::grin:

It took forever but with the help of my mom I did box braids for the first time. I'll oil them down and put some rollers in overnight and see how it all turns out.

My 12 YO daughter is learning. She did her first large braid yesterday that was not a bunched up mess. It was smooth and all going in the same direction. I pointed out to her that is looked nice she had a proud look on her face. She did not even realize that she did it so well.

My hair got some major and much needed TLC tonight. I forgot how much deep conditioning can make a difference.

Air drying in braids over night with pipe cleaners on the ends for the first time. I can't wait to take them down for an exceptional braid out. :grin:

Had to apply conditioner on dry hair and let it sit for a half hour no heat, after using that wack Suave shea butter almond. My hair is almost back to normal. I'll co-wash one more time on Wed. with the same concoction

3 oz Kenra platinum (wont be repurchasing)
2 t Hempseed oil (will increase to 1 T)
the rest of my oyin honey hemp

I'm glad I am almost done using stuff up it feels good to get that stash down.

WTF is this "biological trait" that "as Blacks" makes our hair dry??? Or...it's because the curl is tighter so it's harder for the sebum to travel down the hair shaft fully? WTH is this garbage?

Heeeeey, girl!

Are you legitimately asking? Complaining? Or implying that the theory doesn't make sense?

I've been at work for 16 hrs, took a nap on this hair, re-styled, and indulged my inner HIH monster, and my hair, unlike my makeup, still looks darn good! Flexi rods, how I love thee....

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

yes... my hair is the nappiest

no there isnt any product that can make it less nappy looking or produce curls...

please leave me alone now with the hair advice....

I woke up at 6am to flatiron my hair. I walked outside at 745 to go to work and my hair IMMEDIATELY reverted. I look a hot mess today. Why doesn't my hair listen? I'm going to start calling it "him", since in my experience men don't listen, and my hair sure as hell won't listen to me. smdh.

Heeeeey, girl!

Are you legitimately asking? Complaining? Or implying that the theory doesn't make sense?

I was reading Ultra Black Hair Growth II, and the way she kept describing "Black" hair was really rubbing me the wrong way.

I understand the notion of sebum and protecting moisture from leaving the hair shaft and coating the hair so it doesn't break (which is pretty much what she meant), but she kept talking about our hair like Black people are mutants. It annoyed the hell outta me. Her diction/tone throughout the book was all kinds of wrong to me.

On another note, I finally bought a length check tank! I super suck at measuring growth so this should help.

Going to a wedding in Jamaica next month...thinking of doing some mini (ish) twists and flexi rodding them for the ceremony :scratchch will NOT be feeling like dealing with my hair while i'm having fun in the sun!

RT1: Seems like my hair paid for the mini hair hiatus. Noticed a increase of small/short strands while going through my wash regi. I'm willing to bet the small hairs wasn't shedding but I wasn't motivated to check the shed hair pile for breakage vs. shed. :look:

RT2: Got done washing my hair late last night and didn't detangle fully. Love the density of my unproperly detangled hair. My bun looks exceptionally thick today!

Back