Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

halee_J - how do you manage working out and keeping your hair nicely pressed? Proud of you for keeping up with your workouts.

Myjourney2009 - I talked a good game but nope, didn't wash today either. What conditioner did you decide on for today's pampering session? I'm proud of you also for keeping up with your workouts.

EllePixie - you all will be having me quadruple check my grammar.

Softerlove - what's "DBF?"

Sorry, DBF = dear boyfriend

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Don't you hate that? For me, my good hair days are so rare, when I have one I find myself making up any ol excuse to try to find somewhere to go. But it always end up you have nothing to do on the day your hair is most banging. :lol:

I went to the gas station before my sisters and pumped that gas REAL SLOW....ummm huh my hair was gonna get its cute day out!

It was all good until that spider speed up, then I turned into a chicken, screamed, and pumped faster lol.
Sent from my MyTouch 4G

What's with the very quick smile, then angry face thing that youtubers do when they are ending a video? It's really odd. I understand laughing, cheesing, smiling, then back to default face transition because I do it all the time, but there's no transition. They do it wit da quickness. lol

I found it I found it!!!! I finally found the camera charger!!!! Now I can finally take some good hair pics, I suck @ camera phone pics :ohwell: It was in the closet where I keep my bags/luggage WTH?! Who the frick put it in in there? Since its just me here, I guess I did :rolleyes: :lol:

Last edited:
I am so tempted to shave my head today. I have been thinking about it for 5 months now just to see what I look like bald head

@nappystorm What's wrong boo?

Pity Party Alert It takes too long to detangle, it's too thick for my accesories, my twists look a hot mess, the "out" styles are a hot mess, it won't stay detangled, these knots,the front won't shrink no more, it won't hold moisture, it's too humid to look good straight, I can't afford braids. WAHHHHH!!!!! :cry:

Pity Party Alert It takes too long to detangle, it's too thick for my accesories, my twists look a hot mess, the "out" styles are a hot mess, it won't stay detangled, these knots,the front won't shrink no more, it won't hold moisture, it's too humid to look good straight, I can't afford braids. WAHHHHH!!!!! :cry:

How long is too long for detangling? IMO, I'd get a trim before doing anything else or get your hair shaped - that way, if you feel better about your hair you can go about your business rather than doing something where you would have to transition again. Then, if you're still upset about it consider other options.

Have my humidifier running while reading the boards. Hair feels great!
As in room/breathing humidifier? How does that help your hair? The dr suggested I get a humidifier but I haven't yet but just curious on if it helps your hair also.

The coughs have slowed down. The nose isn't as stuffy. The energy is slowly returning. My hair is ratty looking and feeling dry up in the nape area. Okay, so I've had enough, I must wash even if it's not a full out day of pampering.

How long is too long for detangling? IMO, I'd get a trim before doing anything else or get your hair shaped - that way, if you feel better about your hair you can go about your business rather than doing something where you would have to transition again. Then, if you're still upset about it consider other options.
I just had one about 3 weeks ago :sad:

These ends are a HAM!! I'm so ready to cut. . .long term transitioning may be an epic fail! Waiting for the braid lady to call back so I don't feel guilty about cutting off these ends. CALL BACK BRAID LADY!!!!! #Thatisall

At a blah point in hair life. I log onto LHCF and log off. I log on and log off. Post very little. My hair isn't perfect so that's not why I'm not engaging. I just don't have much energy these days. Been dealing with a cold so every aspect of life is has been put on whenever I get to it status.

I will force myself to wash tomorrow because I can't remember the last time I washed. Think it was last Sunday. I normally wash weekly but going out of town and then getting sick when returning just threw me off schedule.

We have another half year of growing to do. That's plenty o' time to do something big!

I'm looking forward to growing these layers out. :yep:

I just had one about 3 weeks ago :sad:

Maybe you could get it shaped to take down some volume or so your out styles look better? If not then a text might be good. My dad told me to consider one to make detangling easier (with combing it through or backcombing) and decrease the bigness lol.

My random hair thoughts...

1. I guess I have fine hair. Fine and thick 4a hair.
2. Saw first video of HairCrush on YouTube Saturday and she has beautiful hair...wondering if I would be just as long if I never relaxed-EVER in my life. *sighs*
3.SSKs are everywhere and that is the least of my worries.
4. But my biggest hair worry right now is that I possibly have been killing my hair with my terrible detangling process. I never comb tip to root. I just plop on V05 and Denman/ wide tooth comb it.
5. I shed a lot. My pipes may become clogged if it stays this bad.
6. I need some hair twins to curb my PJism cause I am so broke.
7. Being in the military REALLY limits my protective styling options with proper uniform wear, which may explain my added breakage from the pigtails I wear everyday when I don't twist.
8.Twists take too long! Mainly because my hair has no slip and the time it takes to part my hair is tripled. I have such short patience.
9. At least it's stretching down to my collar/shoulder bone. (I BC'd early '09)
10. I need to exercise every single day (maybe twice per day) and well I wish I didn't sweat on my head,lol! That would save a lot of time and funky hair days.

Oh and #11, does anyone experience hair so rough that when you twist it (mainly towards the ends) that your fingers get sort of um...paper cut? I mean I felt like I was braiding blades or fiberglass shards! Ugh!!! I think I should cut off an inch. My top/crown has a much looser curl like a 3type there and it's weird...

Bad weather with the light show (lightening) and sound effects (thunder) would jump off when I'm in the middle of washing my hair. I'm from the deep south when you "hush that fuss" (be quiet for the city folk :look:) and sit down somewhere (sit still) until the bad weather passes. Well, hmpf -- I'mma go against the hush that fuss theory and gonna keep doing my hair despite the weather because I can't be looking like crazy head tomorrow at work.

I think I have finally nailed down a regime that seems to work for me.

I have been alternating between Elasta QP and One N Only Argan oil products each week. I do alternating prepoo with Lustrasilk Shea Butter, Hot Six oil and Mane N tail deep moisturizing conditioner.

I will now work on perfecting my air drying technique so I can lay off using heat until the fall.

I also noticed my hair on my left side is much coarser than the right side. I experience breakage on this side once I start stretching my relaxer so I am thinking about touching up my roots at 8 weeks instead of 16 weeks, but I am still on the fence about that. I still struggle with not combing my hair from the roots when detangling, it is the one habit that is hard to break but I am focused on changing this habit.

Amen on the root to tip detangling b/c I am sooo guilty of that. It's too short to work with in sections like the other ladies, but then again I may just not have the patience to see if I can work in sections. It's funny b/c when I think of it I end up working in "sections with my wide tooth comb/Denman anyway. I tell you it's mental! Lol! I gottsta be mo careful.

Dang, used Hawaiian Silky 14n1 on my hair today. Oil rinsed, condish, KCKT then the HS for a curly wash n go (sealed w/castor oil). Uh, after a few hours my hair was so dry-the burning bush. I don't think my hair likes glycerin-it is very humid today too. Today was the first time in a long time I wished I was relaxed. *sigh* Just yesterday I was lovin' my hair.

Sent from my DROIDX

Weave out, braids out, and i'm ready for the creamy crack!!!!

OMG I can't wait :lol:

I think i'm done with weaves for the rest of the year. If I pop up with another one, don't judge me. But I think I will get my touch-ups every 12 weeks faithfully for the rest of the year, and then in January, get weaved up for my last semester in school.

I'm getting my hair done on Saturday in the morning. I plan on pampering my hair to no end today and flat iron it. 2nd time this whole year woot woot!!

Got some nice growth too :grin:

My random hair thoughts...

1. I guess I have fine hair. Fine and thick 4a hair.
2. Saw first video of HairCrush on YouTube Saturday and she has beautiful hair...wondering if I would be just as long if I never relaxed-EVER in my life. *sighs*
3.SSKs are everywhere and that is the least of my worries.
4. But my biggest hair worry right now is that I possibly have been killing my hair with my terrible detangling process. I never comb tip to root. I just plop on V05 and Denman/ wide tooth comb it.
5. I shed a lot. My pipes may become clogged if it stays this bad.
6. I need some hair twins to curb my PJism cause I am so broke.
7. Being in the military REALLY limits my protective styling options with proper uniform wear, which may explain my added breakage from the pigtails I wear everyday when I don't twist.
8.Twists take too long! Mainly because my hair has no slip and the time it takes to part my hair is tripled. I have such short patience.
9. At least it's stretching down to my collar/shoulder bone. (I BC'd early '09)
10. I need to exercise every single day (maybe twice per day) and well I wish I didn't sweat on my head,lol! That would save a lot of time and funky hair days.

MrJohnsonsRib

I am active army and maybe instead of pigtails you can banana clip bun. My hair has been thriving since using this method.

What I do is CoWash
Make hair into ponytail with hands
Clip on banana clip (black or dark brown with black)
Use fan method to make juicy bun
Put on chignon/bun net(sally's 2/$.99)

In regulation bun no stress from ponytail holders

Back