Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I am PISSED. I'm doing my mum's hair before she goes to bed, she cut it to BSL 4 months ago and is WL AGAIN right now. I really dislike her right now, her hair grows like a weed, why didn't I get those hair growth genes?! :perplexed

SO's cute friend told me not to listen to SO, that I look great with curly hair. Had me like:blush:....:blush3:. So curly it is this week.

I'm trying not to be a product junkie but since some sales are goin on I'm goin to try Bear Fruits and Qhemet Biologics, my main focus is leave-in, since i like Aubrey Organics shampoo and conditioners; and my conditioner with henna and avocado butter is my DC. Will try two from each place them no more buying for the rest of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hi ladies, just wanted to say hi. Missed you guys! My subsciprion didn't automatically go through last month as as I don't come on here regularly enymore I didn't bother to sort it out.

I had a hair question and registered with black hair media because it's free and when I asked the ladies replied and were literally eating each other out about their various techniques and i'm like .. ok, thanks and I thought I need to get myself back on LHCF :lol:

Good to be back :)

I'ts really frustrating that my hair grows at drastically different rates(about 1" difference). I refuse to claim APL until the left side catches up. At any rate it really doesn't matter too much because I never straighten my hair and PS 90% if the time.

I'ts really frustrating that my hair grows at drastically different rates(about 1" difference). I refuse to claim APL until the left side catches up. At any rate it really doesn't matter too much because I never straighten my hair and PS 90% if the time.

Mee too!! But aren't you worried youll make BSL ob the right and still be fighting to APL on the left?,

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

How ridiculous am I for continuing to use my Rusk sensories leave-in knowing one of the ingredients makes me itch:spinning::spinning:.
I cant help it, because it makes my hair feel sooooo goooood:lick::lick:. I wont be repurchasing though. I think I found a replacement that has wheat protein;bee mine avocaod cream balanced conditioner. I just need to thin it out just a tad, which is good cuz that stuff aint cheap.

I'm going to take a trip out to the BK to pick up a larger bottle soon.

Last edited:
Why am I overly excited to use my Vitale hair mayo this weekend. I think I might even do my caruso set again. Making sure to add some setting lotion to the water.

OOPPSS!!!! I spoke to soon I have a new condtioner (Rusk) I need to try first so I can return it if it is crap

Last edited:
Today's hair was a little dryer and required more water and creamy moisturizer than the last couple days. :ohwell: But, it does still look good. I'm pretty sure I'll be washing tonight or tomorrow morning. 4 days from the wng is nothing to sneeze at though. At least for me. I think I will give the grease on top of conditioner again and see if I can duplicate the results.

ooh new siggy huh...way to create anticipation

:look: You noticed that, huh? :grin: I figured, how interesting can a reveal next month be when I'm flashing a sneak peek from this month. :rolleyes:

Plus, I'm really anxious about my birthday and couldn't fit my ticker in my siggy with the other graphics. AND, that will be near the halfway point for the year. Important marker for us all! :spinning:

The Tangle Teezer has been officially demoted to wig brush. Made the mistake of "giving it another shot" this morning on a little section of hair and my hair popped off and fell on the floor like confetti. Even my puppy looked at me like WTF!

The Tangle Teezer has been officially demoted to wig brush. Made the mistake of "giving it another shot" this morning on a little section of hair and my hair popped off and fell on the floor like confetti. Even my puppy looked at me like WTF!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

i wish i co go back to wash and gos. there has got to be some way that will prevent my hair from knotting up. oh i am going to get some Queen Helen Cholesterol conditioner and try that Silk Elements. i need to buy some more Knot Today and order some Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar, Hair Dew, i am going to try Frank Juice, and Honey Hemp. oh i might try that Hair One Olive Oil, or and i might order Alter Ego. ok i really need to think about what i want to go from there.

that is too many products and i need my money to go the Makeup Show to replace some things for my kit. i got some more weddings coming up and i am running low.

i want to see some protective styles for my length. i see folks just doing twists and twist outs. my hair feels better today. i need to DC soon again.

I wonder if Jane Carter is like Oyin Burnt Sugar? I love that stuff and love the way it smells.

Kind of, but not really. It's only noticeable when I stretch my hair and My APL and BSL is about a 3.5" difference so it won't look too crazy. I would cut it even, but it has always grown back the same way, so it's not even worth it until I het MBL and go into maintenance. It's just hecka frustrating.

Mee too!! But aren't you worried youll make BSL ob the right and still be fighting to APL on the left?,

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

I really need to find a signature wig, I mean style, once I BC.

How bad is it when I have HIH disease while rocking a MBL lacefront Mariah wig?

It's 94 degrees here I will be rocking ponytails and buns until the fall. It's way too hot to wear my hair down. Hopefully this will help with retaining length.

@Mische I think you'll be happy with the results :yep:
AlliCat This is nice to hear from you since your braidouts (like the dry pic posted in your blog) always look great. Did you use perm rods to get that finished result?

I always used to just pincurl the ends of my braids, but this resulted in random pieces that refused to curl and ended up rather straight and messing up the look.

@AlliCat This is nice to hear from you since your braidouts (like the dry pic posted in your blog) always look great. Did you use perm rods to get that finished result?

I always used to just pincurl the ends of my braids, but this resulted in random pieces that refused to curl and ended up rather straight and messing up the look.

Mische yes I used perm rods on that braid out. I should warn you about 2 problems with perm rods: they make my braidouts harder to detangle (the ends tangle easily). Also I noticed some SSK's on my ends since using them.

So to solve these problems I always wet my ends (so they return to straight) before detangling

@Mische yes I used perm rods on that braid out. I should warn you about 2 problems with perm rods: they make my braidouts harder to detangle (the ends tangle easily). Also I noticed some SSK's on my ends since using them.

So to solve these problems I always wet my ends (so they return to straight) before detangling
AlliCat thanks for the tip! Funny that you mention SSKs because I was playing in my (tangled) hair last night and noticed a few. I chalked it up to the fact that the rollerset I did last week was an epic failure, but maybe it was the perm rods. I will now make sure to wet my ends before detangling, so thanks. I hope to try this out tomorrow and post a pic if it's successful.

@AlliCat This is nice to hear from you since your braidouts (like the dry pic posted in your blog) always look great. Did you use perm rods to get that finished result?

Mische yes I used perm rods on that braid out. I should warn you about 2 problems with perm rods: they make my braidouts harder to detangle (the ends tangle easily). Also I noticed some SSK's on my ends since using them.

Just found some SSK after flexi rods. Fixed with patience, HE LTR, argan oil and jojoba, then re wet ends with water and jojoba. I think the trick is keeping the ends more moisturized during the setting processes.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Was supposed to get my sew in done today and decided not to. Gonna rock the wash n go while at the beach this weekend. I'll get it done next week after I get back.

Back