Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Are Dominican blow outs super damaging? I've always wanted one...my mom told me her hair was so swingy...she has a relaxer though.
@EllePixie personally Ithink it would be too much of a risk because those blowdryers ar HOT. When I was relaxed I used to get them all the time and they use to burn the heck out of my scalp, so I can only imagine what it used to do to my har :nono:

Last edited:
Using oil rinses and twists to survive another season of swimming. I rinse hair with water before and after pool. No tangles or dryness when I wash hair.

I refuse to by any more products... I just refuse..

I'm trying to stop obsessing over my hair.. its just gonna do what it do..

Its probably for the best anyway..I would bc. if I thought I could pull off any half decent styles at 3 inches..

stupse

I was little overzealous with the One N Only Argan oil styling cream on Sunday and my hair is limp. No headband or bobby pins is changing the fact that I have too much product in my hair but at least it is pulled back off my face.

Sealing is so unnecessary (for me) since I now use a good, quality moisturizer. I guess I'll rid myself of oils through pre-poos.

I'm hella jealous of relaxed heads sometimes....cause detangling is beginning to become a bore again.
*eyes scissors to go back to bob*

I am rocking the perfect cornrow out!

I am wondering why I abanoded this style... My hair grew so much doing this back in the day. and it looks better with the added length.

I am starting to think that Tresseme Naturals makes the perfect leave in for me. All I have to so is add coconut oil or rice bran oil and life is great.

Last edited:
^^I can't help it, man....I'm LAZY and now that I actually have to section off and stuff again....hmph.
and i needs pics of this fab cornrow-out or it didn't happen. :look:

I can't help it if she didn't like my answer. A family member asked me what she should be using on her kids hair...it was dry as the desert when I touched it. She said she's conditioning it...but I wasn't moist, didn't feel hydrated at all. So I said, "You're not going to like the sound of this, it has such a stigma (for non-LHCF it does)...try S-curl."

She looked at me like I had sprouted two heads. I told her why it works for naturally curly hair like her kids have...but hey....not my problem.

^^I can't help it, man....I'm LAZY and now that I actually have to section off and stuff again....hmph.
and i needs pics of this fab cornrow-out or it didn't happen. :look:

Rocky91 :lachen: @ the bolded lol I put a pic in the everyday hair section

I find it easier to be lazy with length. I was never able to wash and detangle well without sectioning... My kinks wouldnt allow it. washing loose= 1 hour or more of detangling :nono:

sections= about 15 mins detangling :yep:

my hair is just acting right lately and I am enjoying shrunken styles and working with my texture more.

I think I am addicted to Dominican blow outs:perplexed, I get one almost every week. I just love the way my hair feels when I get them done and I only pay $15 cause I bring my own product. My hair never comes out right when I do it myself and it has been growing well, but I know I need to learn how to do my own hair. I tried to roller set and just wrap but my roots are no joke even after a fresh perm:nono:. I have tried to cut down to just blowing the roots but cant seem to get to the point where I can just do nothing:sad:

I can't help it if she didn't like my answer. A family member asked me what she should be using on her kids hair...it was dry as the desert when I touched it. She said she's conditioning it...but I wasn't moist, didn't feel hydrated at all. So I said, "You're not going to like the sound of this, it has such a stigma (for non-LHCF it does)...try S-curl."

She looked at me like I had sprouted two heads. I told her why it works for naturally curly hair like her kids have...but hey....not my problem.

Last edited:
Thank ya LHCF! I did a twist out today that was sooooo pretty! They just keep getting better and better. This time a did a flat twist in the front on the left and placed a flower clip in the bantu knot at the end of it. I didn't even know what the heck it was until LHCF. And I gave Hawaiian Silky 14n1 another chance. I used it before on my transitioning hair and I didn't like it. Also use SM Style & Curl Milk, wouldn't have even purchased it, but some LHCFers loved it. I am embracing this journey. My research time is almost over...I will be back to the grind soon. I hope I can keep this up.

Sent from my DROIDX

You can make them strong with protein but they will still be fine.

This is just my theory but if you have fine hair with a tight curl pattern, our hair just isn't heavy enough initially to hang down. We would need a lot more length to get it to hang. In the meantime while we are letting it grow out, we have to use products to weigh it down.

I am SL, fine strands, with very tight curl pattern, my hair shrinks up to about eyebrow length. At some point it may start to hang but not sure when.

If you curl pattern isn't really small, maybe it will start to hang soon.

Like I said, this is just my opinion. An observation based on my own hair.

@faithVA yeah I noticed this too. Some times I can get some good hang when using products to weigh down, but not full stretch. I totally agree with you though.

Last edited:
@Myjourney2009, you hair in your siggy is bomb! Love the blunt ends.

Aireen

Thanks for the compliment.

I am hoping they remain that blunt. I think once I hit APL that I will use a strong protein at 3 inches from the bottom to help them along. My hair likes protein but I've never used a strong one so I hope it does not turn into a disaster. I only relax my nape every other relaxer and I dont go as straight as the rest of the head

Aireen

Thanks for the compliment.

I am hoping they remain that blunt. I think once I hit APL that I will use a strong protein at 3 inches from the bottom to help them along. My hair likes protein but I've never used a strong one so I hope it does not turn into a disaster. I only relax my nape every other relaxer and I dont go as straight as the rest of the head

Well, your hair looks GREAT! I like that idea of doing protein only on the ends.

Finally flat twist my entire head. I need to now learn to keep my hands out and try to make these last a week. I will wash and co wash with the flat twist.

Well, your hair looks GREAT! I like that idea of doing protein only on the ends.

Thanks again I am rather proud of myself. I saw someone doing that on YT and thought it made a lot of sense. When I reach that point I am thinking of using this: http://www.amazon.com/Nexxus-Aloxxi...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I have a bunch of Palmers hair success penetrating deep conditioner that I will probably use first. Decisions decisions...

I will probably do it 1x a month

Last edited:
Itgirl
I obsess in spurts. When things are well, I don't obsess over it, when things are not so well, then I'm obsessing.

AlliCat
Moisturizer: Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer

I need a new halfwig for work. the one I have on now is on its very last leg :nono: I'm thinking Sabina or another Vera.
Why not a lace front instead? I love my LF Serena but my hair is doing so well that I'm not ready to wear the LF just yet. Was saving it for crummy hair days/weeks. I could never pull off my HW looking realistic.

My hair feels nice and balanced. Never thought I'd see the day. But, now that I'm finally balanced, I wonder -- how do I keep it here. :look:

My mom saw one of my hair pics and she goes "can you help me grow my hair?" :ohwell: Uhhhh no, I tired several times but I refuse. She has maybe an inch or less of hair and it stays dry. She's always raking a comb thru it, she never moisturizes, just NO! Bless her heart but NO! I can't even believe that accidently came out her mouth, cause it had to be an accident, because she doesn't listen, and I refuse to help. Not even after seeing how far I have come and she def knows how she used to keep my hair. She just got through telling me how someone jacked her hair up at a salon. She stays going any old place to get it done, letting anyone do whatever to it and wondering why it's still a cm long, like NO mom. just give up. You and high maintenance spelled funny on youtube, just need to keep it as is. oh well I still love her but that was kinda funny and irritated me at the same time

Why not a lace front instead? I love my LF Serena but my hair is doing so well that I'm not ready to wear the LF just yet. Was saving it for crummy hair days/weeks. I could never pull off my HW looking realistic.

divachyk :nono: bolded is what I was thinking about LFs. Halfwigs are cheaper and IMO look more realistic...guess it just depends how you style it...but I looked up Serena and it's pretty and similar to the halfwig I want

My hair feels nice and balanced. Never thought I'd see the day. But, now that I'm finally balanced, I wonder -- how do I keep it here. :look:

right? Every time I get my hair like that, I start doing all kinds of things and throw it off again. I say whatever your doing keep it up and keep it simple.

Thank ya LHCF! I did a twist out today that was sooooo pretty! They just keep getting better and better. This time a did a flat twist in the front on the left and placed a flower clip in the bantu knot at the end of it. I didn't even know what the heck it was until LHCF. And I gave Hawaiian Silky 14n1 another chance. I used it before on my transitioning hair and I didn't like it. Also use SM Style & Curl Milk, wouldn't have even purchased it, but some LHCFers loved it. I am embracing this journey. My research time is almost over...I will be back to the grind soon. I hope I can keep this up.

Sent from my DROIDX

uhhhh what is that an xray of? I think it's a female based on the pic at the bottom:grin:, but wth?!?

Back