Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Yep - Saw the sign as I walked towards the door and I burst out laughing.

It's got to be for the hair right? I can't imagine you are laying away Eco Styler gel. :lol:

Does (^^^), indicate you are responding to previous poster?

Cuz if not, then you weren't talking to me and uh Never Mind :lol:

Yep - Saw the sign as I walked towards the door and I burst out laughing.

It's got to be for the hair right? I can't imagine you are laying away Eco Styler gel. :lol:

Does (^^^), indicate you are responding to previous poster?

Cuz if not, then you weren't talking to me and uh Never Mind :lol:

Yeah that's what it means lol. Instead of quoting, I do that sometimes.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Now that's has to be the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. How much does the weave cost???

From what I have been told a pack can run you from $40 to $100. Was talking to my coworker and she said one of our other coworker's says she pays about $100 per pack.

This is why it is ok that my wig was snatched off the day. It is not LHCF status but it is good enough for around here. It is a blow out that I put scurl on, so it is not cooperating.

So my hair started out like this and it was too wild so i plaited it again with some aloe gel on the ends....

052211163317.jpg

and then I had this

052211174519.jpg

which quickly turned to this, i blame the scurl

052211185519.jpg

my hair was feeling dry and it was the only moisturizer i had, besides my cantu and well it just wasn't a good idea lol.

052211185407.jpg

I am not sure if I rambled this already but I am wondering if I am one of those naturals who's hair gets bigger before length cause I swear I have had this medium size fro forever. Of course fully stretched it is a lot bigger then this but it is still at the same dang length!!!!!!

All these cheap 'deep' conditioners I'm trying are not working for me. Pay day needs to hurry up already so I can go and buy a good one.

I am not sure if I rambled this already but I am wondering if I am one of those naturals who's hair gets bigger before length cause I swear I have had this medium size fro forever. Of course fully stretched it is a lot bigger then this but it is still at the same dang length!!!!!!

Do you have fine strands?

My edges are giving me the blues. I hate having rough edges and the rest of my hair looks fine! I wish there was something i could use that just relaxes the edges.

@Myjourney2009 I think you're the one who asked about motions moisture plus? I was looking at the ingredients and it has "hydrolyzed silk". is that protein?? because if it isn't then I found my staple moisturizing DC

*goes off to research*

Last edited:
@Myjourney2009 I think you're the one who asked about motions moisture plus? I was looking at the ingredients and it has "hydrolyzed silk". is that protein?? because if it isn't then I found my staple moisturizing DC

*goes off to research*

It's considered silk protein but AlliCat, it's all the way at then END — like literally the last ingredient on my bottle — so it won't really have an impact. It's the first 5 ingredients (some even extend it to 7) that really make up a product. I would still use it as a moisturizing DC.

Last edited:
Aireen I think it's a psychological thing. I know it's there. Protein should not be in a product labeled "moisturizing" :wallbash:

AlliCat, there was a detailed explanation about why protein is sometimes in moisturizing conditioners on the site. The gist of it was that protein helps the hair hold moisture within, so a bit of protein is used in moisturizing conditioners to help the hair bind to the moisture being received. Although in this case that is almost like a minute amount since it's last place?

I freak out sometimes about protein too but I have to keep reminding myself as to why protein can be in moisture-rich conditioners.

they were talking bout hair type so muoh idk what I am anymore lol.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Right? I gave up on hair typing long ago when I realized someone with broke off edges who considers themselves an expert on hair typing has no idea what the **** she is talking about :drunk:

Girl, I might be one of them after this failed prediction on the 20th, I question December 21st 2012.

I know one thing. I hope I reach WL by Dec 2012. :drunk:

yes very much so, I can make them medium coarse or thicker with protein. I know I need the protein.

You can make them strong with protein but they will still be fine.

This is just my theory but if you have fine hair with a tight curl pattern, our hair just isn't heavy enough initially to hang down. We would need a lot more length to get it to hang. In the meantime while we are letting it grow out, we have to use products to weigh it down.

I am SL, fine strands, with very tight curl pattern, my hair shrinks up to about eyebrow length. At some point it may start to hang but not sure when.

If you curl pattern isn't really small, maybe it will start to hang soon.

Like I said, this is just my opinion. An observation based on my own hair.

yes, I wouldn't even feed into it. I seriously just noticed a lot of the people that used to be here are gone and seem to have been replaced by a younger cattier crowd.

I noticed this. When I look at archived threads I see all these members that I don't see anymore. Even threads from late 2010. Either they no longer frequent LHCF or they changed their username. Idk.

Sent from my DROIDX

I noticed this. When I look at archived threads I see all these members that I don't see anymore. Even threads from late 2010. Either they no longer frequent LHCF or they changed their username. Idk.

Sent from my DROIDX

People disappeared after the forum change over issues. Then more people have disappeared after January. The board just seems to get quieter and quieter. I haven't been here a year yet, and it is much quieter than when I first joined.

People disappeared after the forum change over issues. Then more people have disappeared after January. The board just seems to get quieter and quieter. I haven't been here a year yet, and it is much quieter than when I first joined.

What was the change over issue? And when you say quieter do you mean less bickering, less shocking thread topics...?

Sent from my DROIDX

My edges are giving me the blues. I hate having rough edges and the rest of my hair looks fine! I wish there was something i could use that just relaxes the edges.
I'm relaxed not sure if you are but I love Bee Mine Curly Butter on my edges. Apply it with a toothbrush used only for hair and I got me so baby fine edges. It provides soft hold, no flaking. I use that for edges/nape.

@AlliCat, there was a detailed explanation about why protein is sometimes in moisturizing conditioners on the site. The gist of it was that protein helps the hair hold moisture within, so a bit of protein is used in moisturizing conditioners to help the hair bind to the moisture being received. Although in this case that is almost like a minute amount since it's last place?

I freak out sometimes about protein too but I have to keep reminding myself as to why protein can be in moisture-rich conditioners.
@Aireen, agreed. You're explanation is similar to what I remember about why protein is in the conditioner.

@Aireen I think it's a psychological thing. I know it's there. Protein should not be in a product labeled "moisturizing" :wallbash:
@AlliCat, something about wheat protein (Kenra), my wavy hairs love it. I say wavy as I know folk tired of me preaching about my under processed hair so I flipped it and said wavy...just playing for all the hair hypesters who want to side eye me in any way for saying wavy :rolleyes:...but seriously do, my hair loves it!

Back