Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

DrC, girl, if you don't like OPI. You won't like China Glaze. I hated it, chipped within the hour but the colours are nice. Maybe it's my top coat? :ohwell: :perplexed

Not near enough for me to run up and get it this evening. I'll maybe get some on Tuesday at a health food store that's nearer. The thread is VERY promising. I've been eating so much junk lately with friends, need that to GO. :look:

Girl, I don't know. All I hear are bad things about CD products so probably. :lachen:

Last edited:
One of those threads had a million gifs and zero drama. Fail.

Yeah they did. But they can add fillers, jack up prices, and people will still buy. Brand power ftw

I never could understand the hype of Carol's Daughter. Most of the products are some I could make at home much better; all without the extra stuff they put in it.

A whole umpteenth pages of HairCrush's hair type, when the whole thread was about heat training. Hair typing really is the devil. :perplexed

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Sigh, we talk about how hair type doesn't affect growth and how ignorant it is to deem certain hair types better than others yet it STILL matters on this forum. I mean... if it doesn't affect the growth rate and this is LHCF, why does it matter?

I never could understand the hype of Carol's Daughter. Most of the products are some I could make at home much better; all without the extra stuff they put in it.

Pretty packaging and promises with fancy adjectives helps. :grin:

Speak of the devil, my OPI nail polish is chipping. I had better luck with Revlon, the best was Rimmel though.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Sigh, we talk about how hair type doesn't affect growth and how ignorant it is to deem certain hair types better than others yet it STILL matters on this forum. I mean... if it doesn't affect the growth rate and this is LHCF, why does it matter?

Hair type is REALLY important to people. To me growth is all based genetics, NOT hair typing.
I tried CD's hair milk one time and it matted my hair up something serious. Good thing i only paid half the price for it.

Hair type is REALLY important to people. To me growth is all based genetics, NOT hair typing.
I tried CD's hair milk one time and it matted my hair up something serious. Good thing i only paid half the price for it.

True, I get that but to have a big long debate over one person's hair type or to put 50-11 products in your hair trying to get a 4b to turn into a 3b is ridiculous. :lachen:

I'm always hearing that it mats hair... Scary stuff. :look:

I think I'm going to do the Castor Oil flush, I don't like how I'm feeling lately. I'll tell you my results without being detailed. :grin:

True, I get that but to have a big long debate over one person's hair type or to put 50-11 products in your hair trying to get a 4b to turn into a 3b is ridiculous. :lachen:

I'm always hearing that it mats hair... Scary stuff. :look:

I think I'm going to do the Castor Oil flush, I don't like how I'm feeling lately. I'll tell you my results without being detailed. :grin:

Make sure you have a day off when you do it.

Of course. :grin:

Speaking of castor oil, I was going to try and make some jamaican black castor oil at home. I have been hearing a lot of rant and raves about JBCO and came across a Youtube video of this lady making it. I fI knew it were that simple I would have done it long time ago.

Girl you didn't know? Kanky hair can't grow unless it's in twists 24-7.

Speaking of castor oil, I was going to try and make some jamaican black castor oil at home. I have been hearing a lot of rant and raves about JBCO and came across a Youtube video of this lady making it. I fI knew it were that simple I would have done it long time ago.

Wow, good luck! Tell us if you like your mix. It's so much fun experimenting and making things versus buying at times.

Girl you didn't know? Kanky hair can't grow unless it's in twists 24-7.

Oh lawd, Elle. :lachen: I guess it's hard being full black in these parts, gotta have that good hurr with a sprinkle of Cherokee or Blackfoot on the side like Bonnet girl. If only I had her mixture, I could go natural too and have the respect of LHCF with my good hair. :nono: :giggle:

Oh lawd, Elle. :lachen: I guess it's hard being full black in these parts, gotta have that good hurr with a sprinkle of Cherokee or Blackfoot on the side like Bonnet girl. If only I had her mixture, I could go natural too and have the respect of LHCF with my good hair. :nono: :giggle:

Don't forget African+Jewish...that makes Creole...according to Megan Good :lachen:

Well in that case, I guess the Kinky girls are gonners.. Unless they use topical breastmilk to make thier hair 3c... :lachen:

Well it's obviously an issue, or all of us would be walking around with waist length hair (Nevermind that the thing hair needs most to grow is TIME, but wth do I know?).

:lachen::lachen: Whatchu talmbout? LHCF likes STRUGGLES. Overcome that ADVERSITY!

:lachen::lachen: Whatchu talmbout? LHCF likes STRUGGLES. Overcome that ADVERSITY!

Nah, girl, I can't handle all the e-gangsters around here that gonna be talking about me here and over PM about my strugglin' kinky hair, talking about I've been X length for 5 years+. Plus surely ain't no body gonna get banned over little ol' me, I don't got that waist length hair.

^ OKAY I'MA STOP. :lachen:

Nah, girl, I can't handle all the e-gangsters around here that gonna be talking about me here and over PM about my strugglin' kinky hair, talking about I've been X length for 5 years+. Plus surely ain't no body gonna get banned over little ol' me, I don't got that waist length hair.

^ OKAY I'MA STOP. :lachen:

Oh Aireen, bless your heart girl. :lol::lol::lol:

Back