Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

[USER=64263 said:
MyAngelEyez~C~U[/USER] ;13472675]Sometimes I feel like tellin' that lil silly gal to just stick her finger in an electrical outlet, cus I heard your hair grows outta your head straight as a pin once you've been electrocuted, no chems needed...but if I did, prolly wouldn't hear a e-peep from her again.:look::bangdesk: That chile need therapy.

ouch ...I know I'm silly:look:..... would that be me?

so no more wigs for me for awhile as I totally had mines snatched off today. And because of that I will. Be doing a blow out so these heaux can remember who runs this. Stupid childish haters!

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Ohh okay. Those conditioners u listed sound good because they're meant for DCing. I remember there was some controversy a while back about whether cheapie conditioners (ie. Suave humectant) really penetrate the hair shaft. carry on :drunk:

NO conditioner penetrates the hair shaft. They only create a film over the strand.

Cyclomethicone and dimethicone are two of the most common silicones found in ineffective deep conditioners. Silicones are often avoided by seekers of moisturized hair because they coat the hair cuticle, thereby creating a smooth, shiny appearance that suggests healthy, moisturized hair. No moisture can penetrate the shield of silicones, however. Scientifically, the molecules of cyclomethicone and dimethicone are too large to be absorbed by the hair; instead, they sit on top of the hair strand, generally blocking the penetration of water and other ingredients. The same is true for waxes like petrolatum and mineral oil, which are widespread in conditioners, yet lack the ability to penetrate.

The best deep conditioner has ingredients that are hydrolyzed. Hydrolyzed ingredients are those in which the molecules have been mechanically broken down to a micro-size that can be absorbed deep in the hair strand. Most daily leave-in or rinse-out conditioners do not fully penetrate the hair shaft. They are designed to work quickly by coating the hair and relieving tangles until the next day’s wash.

Last edited:
The best deep conditioner is generally devoid of silicones, waxes and drying alcohols while rife with humectants and hydrating ingredients, mostly from natural plant sources. Light proteins, such as wheat protein, soy protein or silk amino acids, are often in high-caliber deep conditioners in small measures because they enable the hair to absorb moisture better. Hard proteins like animal proteins and keratin are often not recommended by most beauticians because they can dry out hair strands. A true deep conditioner will not simply sit on the outside of the hair shaft, but will possess molecules small enough to penetrate to the cortex.

Effective humectants for deep conditioners include honey, propylene glycol and glycerin. Moisturizing alcohols like cetearyl, lauryl or myristyl also appear in these products. Moisturizing alcohols are fatty alcohols and do not dry out hair in the same way as isopropyl alcohol or propyl alcohol, which should generally be avoided, according to beauticians. Hydrating ingredients such as aloe vera, wheat germ, palm oil and olive oil are often staples in the best deep conditioner.

Last edited:
so no more wigs for me for awhile as I totally had mines snatched off today. And because of that I will. Be doing a blow out so these heaux can remember who runs this. Stupid childish haters!

That is cause for a beat down :blush:

Then after she collect all her teeth she can watch me whip my hair back and forth for the next 2 weeks!

you betta swang on that chick! hair and fist (usually I dont condone violence)

Cyclomethicone and dimethicone are two of the most common silicones found in ineffective deep conditioners. Silicones are often avoided by seekers of moisturized hair because they coat the hair cuticle, thereby creating a smooth, shiny appearance that suggests healthy, moisturized hair. No moisture can penetrate the shield of silicones, however. Scientifically, the molecules of cyclomethicone and dimethicone are too large to be absorbed by the hair; instead, they sit on top of the hair strand, generally blocking the penetration of water and other ingredients. The same is true for waxes like petrolatum and mineral oil, which are widespread in conditioners, yet lack the ability to penetrate.

The best deep conditioner has ingredients that are hydrolyzed. Hydrolyzed ingredients are those in which the molecules have been mechanically broken down to a micro-size that can be absorbed deep in the hair strand. Most daily leave-in or rinse-out conditioners do not fully penetrate the hair shaft. They are designed to work quickly by coating the hair and relieving tangles until the next day’s wash.

The best deep conditioner is generally devoid of silicones, waxes and drying alcohols while rife with humectants and hydrating ingredients, mostly from natural plant sources. Light proteins, such as wheat protein, soy protein or silk amino acids, are often in high-caliber deep conditioners in small measures because they enable the hair to absorb moisture better. Hard proteins like animal proteins and keratin are often not recommended by most beauticians because they can dry out hair strands. A true deep conditioner will not simply sit on the outside of the hair shaft, but will possess molecules small enough to penetrate to the cortex.

Effective humectants for deep conditioners include honey, propylene glycol and glycerin. Moisturizing alcohols like cetearyl, lauryl or myristyl also appear in these products. Moisturizing alcohols are fatty alcohols and do not dry out hair in the same way as isopropyl alcohol or propyl alcohol, which should generally be avoided, according to beauticians. Hydrating ingredients such as aloe vera, wheat germ, palm oil and olive oil are often staples in the best deep conditioner.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

:blush: What happened??

It is a long story but has to do with my ex in a way. Kicker is I don't even know the girl but I will find out. It doesn't stop here. I won't fight back physically unless someone puts their hands on me. As dumb as it sounds my mom taught me to let them hit me first, then whoop on that tail. She wanted me to hit her, she wanted me to get mad. I won't give her the satisfaction, she want to be big and bad? Take one for the team, she can do it behind bars.

That is cause for a beat down :blush:

Then after she collect all her teeth she can watch me whip my hair back and forth for the next 2 weeks!

you betta swang on that chick! hair and fist (usually I dont condone violence)

See I don't like violence either. I grew up with an older brother who taught me how to hold my own, and I was very much a fighter Until, I was maced and had my tires slashed, and once I was jumped in a club. No one has my back but my family, so it would have been dumb for me to lay her out(because I def would have) when her friends would have jumped in. Had she psyhically touched me it would have been on no matter what, but when dealing with ghettor people it is best to think smart as life is too short and people don't fight fair these days. As soon as that rental office opens on Monday I will find out who she is and then file a report, and hopefully they are evicted. It wasn't that embarassing as you should have seen her ratty weave and we know what is under there. I was just hoping she didn't punch me in my face.

I really think I have grown up, because young childless me would have went off. It is a blessing and a curse to look young as I am sure she is a teenager, judged on her behavior. They all thought I was their age. Oh the whole thing was dumb and am still in shock.
ahhh well. No more wigs though lol, no more wigs.

steamed with my silk elements and was too lazy to wash it out, that is ok because if it is too mushy I will DC with my MT. Can't wait to see what my hair looks like, I rebraided it and can see growth. My bangs touch my lip on one side.

Back