Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Down to my last 2 moisturizers..Lacio lacio (for flat ironed hair) and Cantu-shea butter leave-in (my daily moisturizer)...The cantu is :lick: good thing I gave it another chance

Down to my last 2 moisturizers..Lacio lacio (for flat ironed hair) and Cantu-shea butter leave-in (my daily moisturizer)...The cantu is :lick: good thing I gave it another chance

I love Lacio lacio, it is the best for just about everything I do to my hair. I alternate between this and NTM leave in. I have other leave ins but they get no love from me.

I love Lacio lacio, it is the best for just about everything I do to my hair. I alternate between this and NTM leave in. I have other leave ins but they get no love from me.

Ooh I :love: NTM...I used it for so long but it's hard to find now :ohwell:

Lacio lacio is great too. but it's too expensive for me to use daily (here its $16 for a small bottle):nono:

* Cheapie conditioner
* Sulfate shampoo
* Protein treatment
* moisturizing DC
* Coconut oil

That's really all I need to maintain my goal length when I get there. and only one of each. right now I just have too much stuff.

Last edited:
I bought this while I waso n my Auyervedic kick and I loved it. I still have some left, but because I'm a conditioner junkie:nono: I haven't used it in a while. *Adds this to my list of DC to go revisit*

Hey I just bought that last week! I haven't used it yet. Let me know what your results are when you get around to using it!:yep:

Last time I saw my aunt her hair was long thick MBL (and mine was barely APL. She told me she cut to chin length...I assumed she did the BC to go natural but she said she will continue relaxing :blush: She said she cut it for a change. I wonder if I will get scissor happy around MBL...probably not :spinning:

I'm very happy with CD's new Monoi line; I just 'whipped my hair' and it still smells wonderfully fragrant. Not to mention my hair feels soft, light and I haven't seen any shedding/breakage yet!

Would anyone be able to tell me what kind of oil safflower is and if it contains any ceramides?

Thanks in advance. :)

IMFOCSD-I have a list of oils (from the Ceramide Challenge thread) and safflower oil is NOT on it. Not to be confused w/the list erronously labeled as a list 'containing the ceramide percentage' in each oil-actually lineolic %.

Barley Malt Oil
Eucalyptus Extract
Hemp Seed Oil
Hot 6 Oil
Kukui Oil
Sunflower Oil
Walnut Oil
Wheat Germ Oil

HTH

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm so stingy with twistouts. I love the curls they give, but I'm too stubborn to take down the twists that get me there. They are so carefree!

My hair seems to do better when I use my ACV rinse + oils as a post-poo and set for 15 minutes before DC rather than as a pre-poo. Plus I like the tingling feeling of the peppermint oil. So that's what I'll do today!:grin:

I think the troll that steals the match to my socks is now eating my bobby pins... where else could hundreds of bobby pins disapper to in the matter of a few weeks???

I am really lovin my hair & i can't wait to try my safflower oil! I did some research and discovered that safflower oil contains a good source of ceramides

I am really lovin my hair & i can't wait to try my safflower oil! I did some research and discovered that safflower oil contains a good source of ceramides

I hope it wasn't from the post on LHCF that showed numerous oils w/40-80% ceramide content...b/c that ain't correct. Some oils contain 0.5-2% (I have seen a questionable 6% in wheat germ oil) ceramides. But it is thought all ya need is 0.5%. I don't know if this helps or tap dances on your beloved oil. Could you also post what you found? TIA.

Sent from my DROIDX

Sometimes I feel like tellin' that lil silly gal to just stick her finger in an electrical outlet, cus I heard your hair grows outta your head straight as a pin once you've been electrocuted, no chems needed...but if I did, prolly wouldn't hear a e-peep from her again.:look::bangdesk: That chile need therapy.

Sometimes I feel like tellin' that lil silly gal to just stick her finger in an electrical outlet, cus I heard your hair grows outta your head straight as a pin once you've been electrocuted, no chems needed...but if I did, prolly wouldn't hear a e-peep from her again.:look::bangdesk: That chile need therapy.

I wanna know who you're talking about and I wanna know NOW!! :lachen:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I hope it wasn't from the post on LHCF that showed numerous oils w/40-80% ceramide content...b/c that ain't correct. Some oils contain 0.5-2% (I have seen a questionable 6% in wheat germ oil) ceramides. But it is thought all ya need is 0.5%. I don't know if this helps or tap dances on your beloved oil. Could you also post what you found? TIA.

Sent from my DROIDX

@ allmundjoi, i think i did read some things off of that thread but i read some stuff on the ceramide challenge thread that convinced me. :)

Rocky91 what do you mean about cheapie DCs? ur using cheapie conditioner to DC??

AlliCat Yea I do that that too, but I really meant using stuff like the Garnier Sleek and Shine DC or the Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle or even some of the BSS Luster's and Queen Helene's Cholesterol. It imparts minimal moisture, but it's not all that great compared to pricier things like Silk Elements moisturizing treatment-I save that really moisture rich stuff for when I straighten :yep:

@AlliCat Yea I do that that too, but I really meant using stuff like the Garnier Sleek and Shine DC or the Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle or even some of the BSS Luster's and Queen Helene's Cholesterol. It imparts minimal moisture, but it's not all that great compared to pricier things like Silk Elements moisturizing treatment-I save that really moisture rich stuff for when I straighten :yep:

Ohh okay. Those conditioners u listed sound good because they're meant for DCing. I remember there was some controversy a while back about whether cheapie conditioners (ie. Suave humectant) really penetrate the hair shaft. carry on :drunk:

Back