Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I am cracking up y'all. I went to Walmart to buy a few things and I bought wash day delight from Carol's Daughter cause it was 6 dollars because of I guess it was clearance being that the little mermaid label was on it, which I did not pay attention to. So I decided to take the label off :rofl: :lachen: :duck::abducted:
20240720_131726.jpg
The little circle above day said "limited edition" on the little mermaid label.

I think my hair texture has changed postpartum. My roots are so tangly no matter what. I cut a few inches off and that's really helped with wash day, but my roots are still so tangly. Has this happened to anyone else?

I think I'm gonna let my braider trim my ends next week when I get my braids done. my ends are a mess.

I'm thinking for my vacation in a few months, I want a braided mowhawk

I think my hair texture has changed postpartum. My roots are so tangly no matter what. I cut a few inches off and that's really helped with wash day, but my roots are still so tangly. Has this happened to anyone else?
My texture did change after having kids. Now my hair is much finer.

That postpartum shedding and tangling is a nightmare though. Alter ego conditioner and garlic pills helped me so much. I remember crying while detangling. It gets better. Once you curb the shedding it’ll get back to normal.

Used my Melanin hair care shampoo and conditioner. I’m mad as heck.
My hair LOVES this combo….but it took 3 months for the items to come (I almost forgot that I ordered it). I don’t want to order this again, but my hair feels GREAT. SMH.

I still hate my hair 2 years in this transition. It just about reaches my bra strap but the texture is cottony I can’t do anything with it I wore a bun today and my hair completely lifted and defied gravity. I was so upset I bought 2 bottles of amino acid straighter. I really tried. Next time I go natural my hair will be kept short

I still hate my hair 2 years in this transition. It just about reaches my bra strap but the texture is cottony I can’t do anything with it I wore a bun today and my hair completely lifted and defied gravity. I was so upset I bought 2 bottles of amino acid straighter. I really tried. Next time I go natural my hair will be kept short
I’m sorry you hate your hair, but I’m glad you have a plan to make it into something that brings you happiness.

I washed in the shower today with Hello Hydration then conditioned with Aphogee 2 minute. These 6 braids are growing so fast. I’ll continue washing weekly and wigging. This I’ll get my hair blown out in September and possibly another trim. This hair is growing!
I didn’t quite make it a week but it’s time for another wash day. I’ll use the same shampoo and Aphogee balancing moisturizer. I’ll add some chebe serum to my scalp afterwards and Hairfinity leave in on my ends.

Every day I say I’m going to do my hair something comes up. I wonder if it’s the universes way of telling me to stay natural

My head is really sore, so I thought I'd add some oil (organic infused oil from APB)to the parts that need some tlc *snicker* :laugh: No chasing waterfalls for me, I don't even know how to swim.

Here's a really random thought I had while oiling my scalp:
Has anyone ever seen the movie the Invention of Lying? I saw it years ago before I came to Christ. Now that I think about it, I do believe that unintentionally(or maybe intentionally idk lol) that it has some spiritual aspects to it. For some people, the end of the movie is the beginning, and the beginning of the movie is the end. For others, it's vice versa. I really feel like I'm becoming more of the 1st camp. The truth really does make you free :lachen:

This was also inspired by an interaction my son witnessed earlier where this guys expressed interest in me and I turned him down.

I can't tell if my ends need to be trimmed or is my hair just bushy down there. I did a hard protein treatment, but maybe I should have done my Silcon Mix dc too. I think I need to do one more hard protein treatment. My hair is still too soft. Suspiciously soft like My Natural Academia once said lol. Also I think I might have found a fix around my hot head. I do not like the way my hair looks down. I've never been to a hair school before, but sis needs help.

@ItsMeLilLucky

What's the fix? Head sweat has been a thorn in your side for a minute.

I get confused when ladies talk about soft hair and needing protein. The goal for me IS soft hair so when I get that, I don't feel like anything is wrong. It's baseline for me now. But over the years, I keep hearing ladies talk about too soft hair. Can you explain to me what that feels like for you?
I may have experienced it once or twice bc I did ponytail baggying too long but I just rubbed in some Infusium 23 and all was balanced again. For those times, the hair was too pliable where a strand or two broke as I was manipulating it. But it was also damp/wet, I don't know what too soft hair feels like on dry hair.

I will say that the ladies I've seen stress protein, protein, protein aren't the same ladies I've seen with really long tresses. Is there a connection? I dunno. I know protein is necessary for retention but the ladies I've seen with the longer hair usually incorporate/rotate protein in their everyday products or they use light or mild protein regularly OR they increase their protein intake internally (I've seen multiple examples of that leading to speedy hair growth and increased retention). I don't recall seeing a long haired lady do a hard protein tx as often as ladies have been suggesting here. Those are usually used sparingly to correct serious hair issues.

* when I talk about long haired, I'm talking WL, HL and beyond ladies. I want to get to where those ladies are so I watch their regi for patterns of behaviors that I can emulate or easily incorporate into my lazy regi, lol.

Also, please put me up on that Natural Academia, cuz! So that I too can read up on these things. :blush2:

@ItsMeLilLucky

What's the fix? Head sweat has been a thorn in your side for a minute.
The fix for me is to just braid maybe 1/2 inch
and leave the rest loose.
I get confused when ladies talk about soft hair and needing protein. The goal for me IS soft hair so when I get that, I don't feel like anything is wrong. It's baseline for me now. But over the years, I keep hearing ladies talk about too soft hair. Can you explain to me what that feels like for you?
Too soft hair for me is that even dry it feels like too stretchy and has no integrity.
I may have experienced it once or twice bc I did ponytail baggying too long but I just rubbed in some Infusium 23 and all was balanced again. For those times, the hair was too pliable where a strand or two broke as I was manipulating it. But it was also damp/wet, I don't know what too soft hair feels like on dry hair.

I will say that the ladies I've seen stress protein, protein, protein aren't the same ladies I've seen with really long tresses. Is there a connection?
Maybe they used different sealants? Or had dietary changes? I know I had to add oil/grease to my hair to kinda "strengthen" it up.
I dunno. I know protein is necessary for retention but the ladies I've seen with the longer hair usually incorporate/rotate protein in their everyday products or they use light or mild protein regularly OR they increase their protein intake internally (I've seen multiple examples of that leading to speedy hair growth and increased retention). I don't recall seeing a long haired lady do a hard protein tx as often as ladies have been suggesting here. Those are usually used sparingly to correct serious hair issues.
I think my hair has different levels of texture and strength due to how long I stretched my relaxer. Some might be overprocessed and some might be under processed. That's why I did the hard protein treatment. I also had to add oil/grease. My naked hair feels like it had no integrity. The oil/grease has "thickened" it up a bit.

* when I talk about long haired, I'm talking WL, HL and beyond ladies. I want to get to where those ladies are so I watch their regi for patterns of behaviors that I can emulate or easily incorporate into my lazy regi, lol.

Also, please put me up on that Natural Academia, cuz!
My Natural Academia is a natural YouTuber I used to watch. I don't remember in which video she said that, but it stood out to me lol
So that I too can read up on these things. :blush2:

I washed my hair last night with HE Hello Hydration and conditioned with Aphogee 2 minute. Then I added some Redken bond concentrate and Hairfinity leave in to my strands. I massaged my scalp with Chebe serum from Hairgrowthco.

I’m wearing a short curly unit this week. It’s too hot for anything else.

This ad for Juicy Strands deep conditioners keeps popping up on my IG feed. So I looked at the site. Stuff looks good. But something told me to look at their social media. On IG no posts since 2021. On Facebook same thing. I'm thinking either they are out of business or it's a scam. Hmmm. Anywho I'm not paying $50 for a conditioner.

I never realized the Original Twilight Zone had so many spiritual elements lol

I had to put my hair in a bun cause it was tickling my neck too much. I think it was too much sensory overload.

I'm trying to save 10k for my down payment for my car

this no buy is hard. I gotta stop all my bs spending.

I'm doing the 100 envelope challenge. I'm doing it differently. I'm putting $100 in each envelope
That’s smart! My cousins are saving 10k with this little bank. It has random amounts that you can cross off as you add money. I like your way better though.

Back