Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

You kept your twists in for months at a time. Looking like a lost boy under that scarf. In my career I can’t walk around like that. So yes, your hair grew amazingly long. If I was a stay at home mom , I’d always have box braids in too. Shoot.

Don’t let God bless me with this million dollars after taxes in the next 2 years. Baby I’m quitting and opening up a skate rink.

Okay,
Hear me out:
Last week I mixed OG Silcon Mix with Aphogee 2 step (I eyeballed it until the Spirit said stop :rofl:
But it was more brown than white and still thick). I applied it rather generously and I sat under my dryer for 15 minutes on medium. Then I rinse with lukewarm to warm water. I towel dried until I felt a little sleepy, changed my mind and just blowdried using my Dyson. High speed, high heat I think. My hair came out so soft. I would have flat ironned but I was tired, probably would came out bomb.

How often yall think I could do that without suffering damage?

Hello Everyone,

I’m still looking for a salon to get a blow dry and trim in NYC. I don’t need any style - I’ll wear a ponytail after the trim. Does anyone have recommendations? Thank you!

I don’t know what just came over me but I purged so many wigs. Most only tried on never worn and I’m just really firm that dark hair isn’t a thing for me much unless the style is amazing. Blonde is it as it looks much more polished and elevates my face. This hair crazy era I think is gone.

Okay,
Hear me out:
Last week I mixed OG Silcon Mix with Aphogee 2 step (I eyeballed it until the Spirit said stop :rofl:
But it was more brown than white and still thick). I applied it rather generously and I sat under my dryer for 15 minutes on medium. Then I rinse with lukewarm to warm water. I towel dried until I felt a little sleepy, changed my mind and just blowdried using my Dyson. High speed, high heat I think. My hair came out so soft. I would have flat ironned but I was tired, probably would came out bomb.

How often yall think I could do that without suffering damage?

IIRC, one of the tips I had learned for really bomb presses on textured hair is to do a really GOOD protein tx right before.

I am a chicken and too afraid of protein overload so I cheat and generously apply Infusium 23 leave in prior to blow drying.

You kept your twists in for months at a time. Looking like a lost boy under that scarf. In my career I can’t walk around like that. So yes, your hair grew amazingly long. If I was a stay at home mom , I’d always have box braids in too. Shoot.

Don’t let God bless me with this million dollars after taxes in the next 2 years. Baby I’m quitting and opening up a skate rink.

Ooh, ooh! Me!! That's my regi too!!

Can you please point me in the direction of the amazingly long results from SAHM mini braids to which you were referring?? I'm in need of some inspo. :prettyplease:

This might be a dumb question, but I’m wondering if I’d still have an allergic reaction (or a less severe one) with knotless braids since they don’t start at the root vs. box braids…any thoughts?

This might be a dumb question, but I’m wondering if I’d still have an allergic reaction (or a less severe one) with knotless braids since they don’t start at the root vs. box braids…any thoughts?
Where do you get the allergic reaction? In your scalp or on your face?

I wouldn't risk it. the length of the braids will still rub on your scalp. Also you sweat. Could you wash/rinse the hair with ACV to remove the irritant or get a better quality of braiding hair.

Always on my scalp. @Lute, I’ve shampooed, done ACV rinses, etc. but it only reduces the reaction. I haven’t gotten braids regularly, so I’m not even sure what options there are aside from kanekalon but I’ll do some research. Thank you ladies!
I think they have some pre-rinsed hair and/or anti-bacterial hair. It might be more than regular braiding hair.

A bunch of Kérastase products are either out of stock or discontinued including one of my favorite smelling oils( the blond absolu one) and the lengthening hair mask.

I’m annoyed this is forcing me to use my stash. I guess I should be grateful…

Always on my scalp. @Lute, I’ve shampooed, done ACV rinses, etc. but it only reduces the reaction. I haven’t gotten braids regularly, so I’m not even sure what options there are aside from kanekalon but I’ll do some research. Thank you ladies!
What brand name do you use that would give you the allergic reaction?

I have no idea when the next time i'll touch up my hair. Or even how many times I'll do it between now and before the new year.

I think at times being a black chick you aren’t met with real understanding deeply or even compassion. I have had certain goals that have spanned decades and as unfortunately human it comes a time where you just can’t keep marching. From hair to weight to status. I’m now in perimenopause and can not do a lot of the faux positive. It makes it brutish to keep trucking on and if you have challenges yet they resolve after a time great but not everyone has that experience even w all the planning and strategy.

I will not tell a soul even when seeing future therapy clients oh just keep pushing wo really deeply understanding the journey bc it’s obtuse.

Zero sugar flavored packets , sliced fruit , little sugar free syrup and some ice. Okayyy!!

Not all the time but it’s kinda extra tasty with the fruit.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a replacement product for Colorful's neutral protein filler? I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore, perhaps it's discontinued. Is there a product that anyone is using that is comparable, even if it is something I have to DIY myself?

Back