Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I think I found the holy grail for someone else’s hair :lachen: I was two strand twisting a young lady’s hair that I know and her hair came to life using these 3 products. I’m actually jelly. Her hair looks so juicy and beautiful. I used APB Daily Refresher, TGIN Green Tea Leave In, and my favorite type of Shea.

I think I found the holy grail for someone else’s hair :lachen: I was two strand twisting a young lady’s hair that I know and her hair came to life using these 3 products. I’m actually jelly. Her hair looks so juicy and beautiful. I used APB Daily Refresher, TGIN Green Tea Leave In, and my favorite type of Shea.
what's your favourite type of shea???

Thank God !

my handmade double-sided satin bonnet and magnificent satin-silk scarf (both from etsy shops in Canada) arrived! Even my macho, brawny brother, who retrieved the mail for me, commented on the prettiness of the items.

Now I can try out the Fulani scarf method that Jostylin had put up a video of years ago! And I have been wanting to try it ever since.

As for this bonnet, it is lovely. I actually felt sad opening it...if I knew ONE person in real life who would use and appreciate such an item, I would gladly give it to them. It is just ideal for a gift. I could make do wearing my Goody satin bonnet inside out in that case.

But nobody I know would use it.

Happy times anyway.

ETA links in case someone wants to try em

Hairline looked like it had filled in over the past year, but as I was braiding, it looked like quite an obvious bald spot still.
20201225_184911.jpg
Someone sent me a family photo from when I was 5-6. I noticed, I had the same sparseness (varying levels of obviousness depending on the hairstyle) all my life. My mom had the same spot in all her pictures from before she was even married.
So I am GUESSING whatever 'hole' is remaining after it filled in, is genetic. IDK. It still seems a bit much to me >_>

hairlinechildhood2.pnghairlinechildhood.png

That pin straight, fresh relaxer look, is not it for me lol. A week into this straight hair, and I finally feel like I have some hair on my head again :lachen:

i think if I can master a Dominican blow out at home next year, that would be a game changer for me. Rollersetting gets my ends nice and straight and blow drying will get my roots better

Last edited:
Hairline looked like it had filled in over the past year, but as I was braiding, it looked like quite an obvious bald spot still.
View attachment 466661
Someone sent me a family photo from when I was 5-6. I noticed, I had the same sparseness (varying levels of obviousness depending on the hairstyle) all my life. My mom had the same spot in all her pictures from before she was even married.
So I am GUESSING whatever 'hole' is remaining after it filled in, is genetic. IDK. It still seems a bit much to me >_>

View attachment 466663View attachment 466667
I got those holes too lol

DH needs to quit tripping and let me learn to cut his hair. When he pulls out the clippers I cheese and say "let me cut it" followed by him saying "naw I'm good" and he just shaves it all off lol. I know I could learn to cut hair pretty fast though. I mean since he has been cutting it all off off, what harm would it cause to let me practice a line up then in time learn to fade lol? Noooonnnnnnne lol but he won't let me lol. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Acting funny about his hair. Now I will say that only him and his barber has cut his hair in the past decade (now just him since covid hit this year)...but shoot I let him wash and cut my hair lol So I figure: Pass the clippers....I can do it! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Well I am having fun asking...that might be more fun than him actually letting me do it :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

ETA: He called me in to the bathroom and said "here is your shot" and handed me the clippers to let me fix the line behind his ear that he messed up a little bit lol. Welp I fixed it real quick and said "I said told you!" I laugh and play but I wouldn't mess up his hair. We are both particular about our hair lol. It took 10 months of asking. I didn't expect him to say yes today when I typed the original message. I was just having fun asking.

Last edited:
DH needs to quit tripping and let me learn to cut his hair. When he pulls out the clippers I cheese and say "let me cut it" followed by him saying "naw I'm good" and he just shaves it all off lol. I know I could learn to cut hair pretty fast though. I mean since he has been cutting it all off off, what harm would it cause to let me practice a line up then in time learn to fade lol? Noooonnnnnnne lol but he won't let me lol. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Acting funny about his hair. Now I will say that only him and his barber has cut his hair in the past decade (now just him since covid hit this year)...but shoot I let him wash and cut my hair lol So I figure: Pass the clippers....I can do it! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Well I am having fun asking...that might be more fun than him actually letting me do it :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

ETA: He called me in to the bathroom and said "here is your shot" and handed me the clippers to let me fix the line behind his ear that he messed up a little bit lol. Welp I fixed it real quick and said "I said told you!" I laugh and play but I wouldn't mess up his hair. We are both particular about our hair lol. It took 10 months of asking. I didn't expect him to say yes today when I typed the original message. I was just having fun asking.
Lmao this is so cute.

Maybe it's my shower water that's causing my hair to hate everything I put on it. I can't put a softener on the shower head. So I'm going to buy a 34 oz bottle of jlexillc Acid water to rinse my hair after I shampoo. That should correct the pH.

Have you tried using a chelating shampoo for hard water? You may want to try that, If using the acid water doesn’t do the trick. Hard water doesn’t automatically = Alkaline water. And it’s usually a buildup of mineral deposits on the hair that causes a lack of moisture/product absorption. I use Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 monthly.

I wonder whether the water or pipes of your home, makes one more prone to shedding more hair.
Maybe it makes you more susceptible to malassezia too, as I had it for about 3 yrs, got rid of it last year - and am now paranoid that it is returning after using shea + coconut oil so much again...

actually scratch that, remember i developed it, and rashes, straight after the evil copper IUD (my hair was shedding much much more, skin felt hot and itchy, etc). After I had it removed, all sorts of things improved immediately (eg forgetfulness, brain fog, urge to cry hysterically ,etc, like a fog lifted moments after leaving the office.) before it was to the point that my scalp felt like it was burning, i would be at a loss whether to go left or right, lose my keys multiple times a day, panic attack over too many brands of ketchups and lost in grocery stores, much more! XH thought i was going crazy but it went away soon after that.
i only put 2 and 2 together when he mentioned the timing coinciding and googled and found other ppl have experienced the same.

but the skin and scalp thing never fully went away but worsened. it seemed to last year but now im wondering if it's just dormant and you can never get rid of it even though i changed bedding, furniture, everything.
because having used coconut oil just a bit even though i washed clothes etc and washerd the same or next day, the itching of back and burning feeling of scalp slowly started coming on.. AND nizoral and clotrimazole helped soothe it immediately after application agian.

My mom later told me she had had the same issues with copper IUD YEARS ago (when I was a kid - didnt know they even had those things then) and had to have it removed too. but anyway that can cause shedding too. i am just paranoid i guess...but it's suspicious that using monistat on scalp helped calm it down last night. i bought it to check. if it didn't work then i would know it wasn't that, but it DID work.

Last edited:
I don't wanna braid my hair, it's such a hassle. I wish I could go visit my cousin who braids really well. her hair goes down to or past her bum.
Her hair is thick, healthy and shiny, with a rippling look from good braidouts, so you KNOW you can trust her.

I was acting like her dad today. His way to unwind is to walk to the pharmacy and read the ingredients of products for ages; that's what i was doing, perusing labels, while looking for a new conditioner....ended up with mane n tail from the pet section.
hobbling around with a crutch and a gleam in my eye, like long john silver, but not for buried gold. Bet I get covid19 from hanging around in walmart too long instead of ordering online. :nuts:

Back