Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

My hair has been sooo very dry since my last wash last Tuesday ugh. Perhaps weather related. I'm washing it tonight and I'm going to deep condition and hope for the best.
My scalp is a mess too even using T Sal for weeks now :(. I just can't seem to control the buildup and itching of late. My pms week was recently though and I have noticed my scalp acts up at that time so maybe its due to that. Even T-Sal isn't going to help my pms scalp apparently lol.

My Jakeala (Etsy.com) Black Friday haul products are aromatherapy in a bar/jar/bottle! I'm so impressed with everything about them.

I saw Etsy's Urbanaire Gypsy products in the Jenny Beauty yesterday. She seems so cool and I wish her business success (the products look so decadent), but she's outpriced my wallet!

I found thinning shears at Jenny Beauty, and I hope I don't ruin this too-much-body-having wig I otherwise really like.

My DIY clip-in protective style project is stalled until I can make sense of conflicting reviews of various hair. Some YouTubers raved about Moisture Rain Remy Jerri Curl to match 4a hair. Others complained that the mix of included weft lengths are almost unworkable. Then there's the Retro Glam & Vibe 4a one-length bundle pack the lady at Jenny Beauty recommended. It doesn't look like 4a (i.e. coily) hair in several of the videos I saw! Hmm. I least I learned that my henna'ed hair color is a 2 in natural light and not a 1b or 4 as it sometimes appears in weird lighting. That helps with hair selection.

Attachments

• WP_20161219_051.jpg
    WP_20161219_051.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 20
  • WP_20161219_049.jpg
    WP_20161219_049.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_20161219_048.jpg
    WP_20161219_048.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 16
  • WP_20161219_047.jpg
    WP_20161219_047.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 16
  • WP_20161219_046.jpg
    WP_20161219_046.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 14
  • WP_20161219_043.jpg
    WP_20161219_043.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 16
  • WP_20161219_038.jpg
    WP_20161219_038.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 19
When I don't detangle in the shower, I get these dreads when I go to twist.

I hate detangling on damp hair. It hurts. Next week, back to the shower.

I have gone back to detangling in the shower too. I save quite a few stands when I detangle under the shower head. It' s like the water is helping go thru my tangles. :) When I do detangle on misted hair, I use my detangle brush to help me out. (Which reminds me I need to order the Felicia Leatherwood brush)

Can't wait to install my next set of crochet this weekend! :bouncegreen: I went crazy over BF and bought a bunch of chrochet hair in different styles, but I can't make up my mind which one to install first :drunk:[/QUOTE
I want to order some on line but I'm afraid I won't get enough and that the local BSS won't carry it.

I always worry about that too! What I do is I usually look up the name of the hair I want on Youtube and find someone who made a video review. They usually say how many packs they used and that helps me get an idea of the length and how much hair comes in a pack. But TBH most of the YTers use way more hair than I would. As a rule of thumb four-five packs is usually enough. If you cut the length in half like I do, two-three packs should do it :)

I am not a product junkie....except when it comes to deep conditioners:hide:
37e65ed357c214735ee01aa07107f953.jpg

(Not my stash)

Last edited:
No, my hair is not in dreads, minitwists, or fingercoils. This what my hair does on its own.

I had a mishaps and used dish soap on hair and skin to get rid of it. The acid mantle is gone and I was told it could take up to two weeks to reform. Oh, Yah, help me, this a level of dryness I never want to experience again! Hair is crispy and skin feels all sore and prickly. Going to sweat at the gym sounds heavenly right now...

No, my hair is not in dreads, minitwists, or fingercoils. This what my hair does on its own.

I had a mishaps and used dish soap on hair and skin to get rid of it. The acid mantle is gone and I was told it could take up to two weeks to reform. Oh, Yah, help me, this a level of dryness I never want to experience again! Hair is crispy and skin feels all sore and prickly. Going to sweat at the gym sounds heavenly right now...

My daughte's hair is the same way. Thick, veryyyy dense and the coil up on their own as if they are mini twists. Frequent cowashing is her best friends; and finger detangling since it useless to try to comb out her naturally coily hair.

My daughte's hair is the same way. Thick, veryyyy dense and the coil up on their own as if they are mini twists. Frequent cowashing is her best friends; and finger detangling since it useless to try to comb out her naturally coily hair.
Oh, yes, that is my hair, although not thick anymore. Cowashing was my friend years ago; oil rinsing kicked it up a notch and reduced frizz.

Back