Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I really need to trim my ends, but I'd have to blow dry my hair straight and I don't feel like doing it.

This was why I looked up how to trim my ends without heat. Someone bought up to me a while ago it's a waste to have to put heat to your hair to cut it.

I'm not sure how much you have to trim, but I put my hair in equal sides and areas clunky twist and clipped see through ends and compared sides to even them out.

Not happy with the satin lined SLAP hat. No maam. What a waste of $30!!

First it was ever so slightly too big. Over the last two weeks since I got it, the band has stretched out so much, there's about a 1"on gap all around. Impossible to stay on. I now fold it over and use pins to sleep in it.

it was cute for the 2 times (literally!) that I wore it outside for errands.

Gonna try a hot wash and see if that shrinks it. ugh.

First it was ever so slightly too big. Over the last two weeks since I got it, the band has stretched out so much, there's about a 1"on gap all around. Impossible to stay on. I now fold it over and use pins to sleep in it.

I'm actually hoping mine will stretch as it's tight.

This was why I looked up how to trim my ends without heat. Someone bought up to me a while ago it's a waste to have to put heat to your hair to cut it.

I'm not sure how much you have to trim, but I put my hair in equal sides and areas clunky twist and clipped see through ends and compared sides to even them out.

Thanks for this, I've never tried trimming without heat before. Do you just make sure each section is detangled before you trim? Do you wet your hair at all? I only want to trim 1/2 an inch.

Thanks for this, I've never tried trimming without heat before. Do you just make sure each section is detangled before you trim? Do you wet your hair at all? I only want to trim 1/2 an inch.

My hair was wet and with DC. I did 8 twist each side equal sections. Cut off the tips and then evened it out. Kinda of like a curly girl method of fayes self trimming.

I made sure each section was detangled. I cut maybe 1/4 of an inch. I just went in a cut a few more strands today, but nothing drastic.

I did mine on stretched, detangled, dry hair because I wear my hair stretched. I wanted the end result to work for how I wear my hair most. It translated well for my curly hair too. My curly hair doesn't look uneven and crazy.

Much like @Saludable84, mine are snug. I will say it did stretch a bit after continuous wear but it's still snug and comfy. I have a big head though so I don't have to worry about it sliding off. I wonder if you contact them what would they say.

Back