Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

@Pygmy_puff
It's similar to the ladies who do Wash and Go buns. For me, the roll/tuck method is looser and less tension on my hair. These pics are a little old. (sorry they aren't close ups of the back but hopefully you get the point.) It's been working great for me when I want a mid week treat for my hair in the morning or after working out. Plus am I the only one who loves the smell of freshly conditioned hair? :gorgeous:
View attachment 382135
That is so pretty and so are you!

@Pygmy_puff
It's similar to the ladies who do Wash and Go buns. For me, the roll/tuck method is looser and less tension on my hair. These pics are a little old. (sorry they aren't close ups of the back but hopefully you get the point.) It's been working great for me when I want a mid week treat for my hair in the morning or after working out. Plus am I the only one who loves the smell of freshly conditioned hair? :gorgeous:
View attachment 382135

You're such a classy, pretty lady. This is a great idea for when my hair gets longer. I love the scent of freshly washed hair too.

Scroll to the bottom of the page in this link for potential answer to your question.
http://www.bekurabeauty.com/hair/honey-latte-detangling-hair-milk/

Oh lord, she's having a sale? :look:
Anyone have any promo codes? Lol.

Hmmmm, less than 1%? I actually looked it up on that ingredient website earlier today, the risk of SAA was listed as being low. I'm wondering if the price hike was more so the factor in her removing it from this product. Really sucks. It made a huge, noticeable difference in my hair when using it. I can't justify paying $20 for 4 ounces when I'm going to add it to any and everything. Lol.

Silk amino acids/Hydrolyzed silk has become so hard to find. I used to get great quality items with great results from ebay. Now everyone's prices have went up, and there are only a couple of options on ebay. I wonder what happened?

I used to order mine from LotionCrafters or SoapGoods. They both had good quality, I think, and decent shipping from what I can remember.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, and please, nobody stone me, but I don't think I like Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm anymore. :duck: My hair doesn't stay moist for as many days after using it as it does with my other moisture dc. After it is gone I'm moving on to try either TGIN Honey Moisture Mask or Paul Mitchell Superxharged Moisture.

Tha
@Smiley79 I know I'm late and everyone already said it, but SO PRETTY and so sophisticated! I LOVE the embellishments. I wonder if my hair can pull this off. Do you detangle/comb through your hair before you roll?

:grin: Thank you for the kind words @Dayjoy . Honestly, I'm still experimenting with that to see which method helps me retain hair the best. For now, I am finger detangling or using the shower comb while in the shower only, using the running water and conditiner to help me detangle. (While I'm at it I part my hair the way I plan to style it and loose twist them away followed by wrapping my hair with the tshirt) when I'm ready to style, the hair is still manageable and I do not do any further detangling thereafter.

On actual wash days, that's when I will do a full detangling session. So far I have not noticed any problems or hair breakage from doing it this way.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, and please, nobody stone me, but I don't think I like Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm anymore. :duck: My hair doesn't stay moist for as many days after using it as it does with my other moisture dc. After it is gone I'm moving on to try either TGIN Honey Moisture Mask or Paul Mitchell Superxharged Moisture.

When I finish my SM Manuka Honey, I can't wait to try the TGIN mask as well. TGIN and Mane Choice are 2 lines I look forward to trying in 2017.

How long is your hair?
Either at or hovering just above apl. I have the length, but not sure about the skill. :look: Also my shrinkage is so much that I don't know if I can do this on wet hair. If it doesn't work I'll definitely try it on airdried hair. Your styles are so pretty. I need to tap into my creative side or just copy your pictures exactly. :look:

Either at or hovering just above apl. I have the length, but not sure about the skill. :look: Also my shrinkage is so much that I don't know if I can do this on wet hair. If it doesn't work I'll definitely try it on airdried hair. Your styles are so pretty. I need to tap into my creative side or just copy your pictures exactly. :look:

Oh good. Im neck length.
Me too, I cannot style on dripping wet hair. But I find that the time I spend with the tee shirt wrapped around my (pre-twisted) hair, it's enough to absorb most of the water and I experience a little less shrinkage.

If you guys try it, I cant wait to see how it works for you all or how you tweaked it. And yes, it will work perfect on air dried hair. I do that quite often too.

I keep forgetting to mention that after i do the tuck and rolls, i lay my edges with some Curls control paste and most important, i tie my hair down with a scarf dor a few minutes to polish and set the overall look. Trust me, all this goes by in ashort period of time.

Last edited:
It's the silicones. I had to let it go myself, it just stopped working.

It's the silicones. I had to let it go myself, it just stopped working.
@Dayjoy

I cannot use that stuff anymore. Leaves a bad film. Some swear but it but it doesn't work for me.

How frequently are you ladies clarifying your hair?

Back