Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

5 months ago I big chopped down to 1.5 inches. My hair was relaxed and breaking/ shedding. Before that I was natural but with constant breakage at the ends, tangling at the crown, and lots of single strand knots. Now my hair is about 4 inches long and THRIVING. Thick from roots to ends. My curls define easier than ever now. It just shows that when you stop being lazy and follow the "rules" (protective styling, a protein/moisture balance, frequent deep conditioning) , you'll get great results. <3

I keep forgetting that my hair seems to thrive without using heat (the blowdryer) but I like using the blowdryer. I have been heat free for a month now (I went heat free then used heat one time then it became a weekly thing) and my hair feels thicker.

Thank you so much! No need to apologize for the questions, I don't mind at all. The shedding is like #1 on my list of annoyances. If I do another weave it will be with different hair. I went with Sensationnel Premium Next based on the stylist's recommendation. I should've asked LHCF for hair recommendations. My second annoyance is the styling. I'm used to just waking up, moisturizing, sealing and putting my hair up in a puff. This style takes prep....I have to do flexi rods the night before or flat iron before going any where. I am in no way, shape or form good at using a flat iron, so it takes me some time to get it right. I also don't own a good, quality flat iron. I chose to have no leave out. I'm not exactly a fan of the closure. I chose the sensationnel 3 way lace part. I had to doctor the part with concealer to make it look good.

All in all, I think I will keep this in a couple more weeks and maybe get another weave in the future. This is my first time and it's a learning experience.

Thanks for answering my questions! :D
That does sound like a real pain to deal with! Hopefully you can make it last a couple more weeks so you can get your money's worth! :yep: I'm thinking about doing a kinky-curly sew in with leave out. Though from what I hear that is a lot of work too!​

Yes! @Beany I was just coming in here to say Im excited to join 2017 challenges. I have renewed hair excitement :yay:

Other RT:

I'm not looking for increased growth necessarily from BB tea, rather improve the quality of the hair im growing. Hopefully the silica from the BB tea will help with my naturally HiPo hair. I've replaced most of my water intake this winter with hot water/unsweetened tea so it shouldn't be hard to be consistent with this.

I WAS going to order from Sams....that shipping tho :nono: aint finna pay aladat. not for synthetic hair. Wish I was in more diverse area so I could get these things on the ground

Do you mean Sam's Beauty? If you order more than $30 you can get $4.99 shipping if you use the code "flat499". I use it all the time. I wish it was FREE shipping, though!

I need to re-commit to my hair journey. I am relaxed,just cut back to APL from almost BSL because I wanted a change. I no longer feel like doing my weekly deep conditioning. I think I may start buying new deep conditioners to see if that helps to get me excited again. @CodeRed could you tag me if you see the liter sale?
Will do. I didn't realize it started in December... I always thought late January but I'm looking back at past posts and people are talking about participating in it the last week in December all the way through January...

Do you mean Sam's Beauty? If you order more than $30 you can get $4.99 shipping if you use the code "flat499". I use it all the time. I wish it was FREE shipping, though!

It didnt work for me, I think its only for domestic US orders, I'm in Canada... they wanted to charge me like 40 for ship :/

But! I forgot house of beauty world sold wigs too, not as wide of a selection but I got the one I wanted and the shipping was cheap :yep:

That sucks that you didn't like the smell. I love curl maker. The smell hasn't bothered me it smell like marshmallows to me and it disappears.

I wonder if I just got a bad or old batch then, because this sour citrusy smell in mine is nowhere near marshmallows lol. I'll have to check some of the other bottles when I take mine back to Target.

I wonder if I just got a bad or old batch then, because this sour citrusy smell in mine is nowhere near marshmallows lol. I'll have to check some of the other bottles when I take mine back to Target.

No. It stinks. Like tangy underarms. I posted it as a Miss back in the summer. I couldn't get through 1/4 of the bottle. The smell was just disgusting.

So I used to do an ACV rinse on every wash day. Then the bottle I used to make my rinse grew mold (ewww gross) and I was too lazy to go buy another bottle. So for many months I just skipped this step. Well I finally used up a bottle of conditioner and used that bottle to make more ACV rinse. My hair is soooo smooth!!! I will never drop this from wash day again.

Last edited:
I need to re-commit to my hair journey. I am relaxed,just cut back to APL from almost BSL because I wanted a change. I no longer feel like doing my weekly deep conditioning. I think I may start buying new deep conditioners to see if that helps to get me excited again. @CodeRed could you tag me if you see the liter sale?

I'm in this same boat. I know I should DC but I'm not feeling it. So I've been just throwing it on the night before I cowash. I love using heat with my DC too but I don't consistently do it anymore. Here's to hoping we get the motivation back...

Ugh, I really need to snap out of my hair styling laziness. My last-minute 10 twist up do won't suffice next week.
I'm afraid to click "Pay Now"on the Brown Butter Beauty pomades in my cart. It's hot in FL. I'll :hot: if these expensive items arrive melted.

I'm in this same boat. I know I should DC but I'm not feeling it. So I've been just throwing it on the night before I cowash. I love using heat with my DC too but I don't consistently do it anymore. Here's to hoping we get the motivation back...
I am wondering if new products will help? I want to try Joico and Kenra.

Back