Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I really don't have time to answer a million questions about what will work for someone's hair. I don't know. I've never seen it wet, I've never done your hair and I'm pretty sure I've never even touched it. And don't get mad when I say I use different things in my hair and don't give you an exact list. Nobody has time to list 50-11 products and why I use each one and how my hair reacts to it. I don't have time. I can not. I will not.
Just send them to the LHCF. If they are interested enough they'll do it.

I was too lazy to DC last week so I applied Shea Moisture Deep Treatment DC (I think that's what it's called) to my hair as part of my normal twisting routine....my hair was so soft and curly for the entire week! I've been going too long before retwisting and usually end up with a ton of ssks, but not this time. I tried it again last night :)

I'm browsing pictures on the internet to try to find a style for graduation. I've been wearing a puff everyday since starting nursing school so I want to go all out for graduation. Any suggestions are helpful.

I am stressing out trying to decide what on earth to do with my hair for my wedding in March. I can't make up my mind whether to get some kinky straight clip ins for a vintage updo, or if I should just blow out my natural hair and throw some wand curls in it? decisions, decisions...

I'm browsing pictures on the internet to try to find a style for graduation. I've been wearing a puff everyday since starting nursing school so I want to go all out for graduation. Any suggestions are helpful.

Congratulations!! :band2::band:

You might want to choose a style that's flat on the top so your cap will sit well. I did a braidout with the front pinned going toward the back, a tendril left on either side and the back left to hang so it looked like I had hair in my pictures. Lol

Similar to these:

alicia-james.jpg

386b5301c8ef2fa233e6c1a093208cc5.jpg

21.Half-Up-Half-Down-Curly-Hair.jpg

HTH! :)

Is GoldenMartBeautySupply.com fake? I can NEVER order anything from them, through 3 diff. computers. Anybody had success ordering?

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/hacapr.html

This is a legitimate bss. I used to order from them religiously until I found Amazon and hairsisters. It's honestly been a few years though. The shipping was reasonable and quick. I'm actually planning to order from them within the next couple of weeks. I wonder what's going on.

This is a legitimate bss. I used to order from them religiously until I found Amazon and hairsisters. It's honestly been a few years though. The shipping was reasonable and quick. I'm actually planning to order from them within the next couple of weeks. I wonder what's going on.

I figured it was the product I wanted. Saw some others in the same line and they didn't have the "cart." Bummer.

So...after 2 weeks I don't think I can take this sew in anymore. I miss my hair and the easiness of it. I think I may stick to wigs for when I want change and maybe venture into straightening my hair every now and then. IF I decide to do a sew in again I may opt for a shorter style and maybe curly/kinky type hair.

I'm gonna TRY to keep it in for 2 more weeks though so I can feel like I got my $$$ worth...

So...after 2 weeks I don't think I can take this sew in anymore. I miss my hair and the easiness of it. I think I may stick to wigs for when I want change and maybe venture into straightening my hair every now and then. IF I decide to do a sew in again I may opt for a shorter style and maybe curly/kinky type hair.

I'm gonna TRY to keep it in for 2 more weeks though so I can feel like I got my $$$ worth...
Aw, really? But it looked SO pretty in the picture you posted!! Is it just the shedding that's driving you crazy or is the weave a lot of work too? Did you leave out any hair or did you use a closure?
Sorry for all the questions, I've been thinking about getting a weave myself...

Aw, really? But it looked SO pretty in the picture you posted!! Is it just the shedding that's driving you crazy or is the weave a lot of work too? Did you leave out any hair or did you use a closure?
Sorry for all the questions, I've been thinking about getting a weave myself...

Thank you so much! No need to apologize for the questions, I don't mind at all. The shedding is like #1 on my list of annoyances. If I do another weave it will be with different hair. I went with Sensationnel Premium Next based on the stylist's recommendation. I should've asked LHCF for hair recommendations. My second annoyance is the styling. I'm used to just waking up, moisturizing, sealing and putting my hair up in a puff. This style takes prep....I have to do flexi rods the night before or flat iron before going any where. I am in no way, shape or form good at using a flat iron, so it takes me some time to get it right. I also don't own a good, quality flat iron. I chose to have no leave out. I'm not exactly a fan of the closure. I chose the sensationnel 3 way lace part. I had to doctor the part with concealer to make it look good.

All in all, I think I will keep this in a couple more weeks and maybe get another weave in the future. This is my first time and it's a learning experience.

Yes! @Beany I was just coming in here to say Im excited to join 2017 challenges. I have renewed hair excitement :yay:

Other RT:

I'm not looking for increased growth necessarily from BB tea, rather improve the quality of the hair im growing. Hopefully the silica from the BB tea will help with my naturally HiPo hair. I've replaced most of my water intake this winter with hot water/unsweetened tea so it shouldn't be hard to be consistent with this.

I WAS going to order from Sams....that shipping tho :nono: aint finna pay aladat. not for synthetic hair. Wish I was in more diverse area so I could get these things on the ground

@halee_J I have renewed excitement too because I'm about 6-7 inches from my goal length of 24 inches. When I was a twa i was obsessed with length. When I hit 8 inches I stopped caring and hardly length checked. Now that my hair is 16-18 inches and I'm close to my goal I have a renewed spark. If these box braids do me well I might ride box braids until i hit goal length:driver:. I'm shopping for a new moisturizing shampoo, a deep conditioner, and I'm making a dyi braid spray. I'm sticking to my iron and vitamins. I bought a super sized satin bonet to put all my braids into. Hope to be there by this time next year. I just discovered I have high porosity hair so I'm going to use products that target that. SMs hipo shampoo and masque, maybe an oyin hair dew, using aloe vera juice in my braid spritz, sealing my braids.

Ooooh @Royalq you must be so excited! Youre so close girl :yep: once you keep the protect and moisture game up you will most definely get there.

I went through a rough time first half of this year and now trying to get back on track. I basically abandoned it. Was kind good in a way cause I actually got to MBL but had to cut back to bsl due to 3-4inches of chewed up ends. Im back on my vits eating right and making the investment in my hair again. Also about to purchase a new gym membership 2017 is gonna be poppin! :amen::drunk:

Back