Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Hey @halee_J !!
How are you liking the Keracare creme hairdress? Is there a lot if buildup? I ordered it from Jc Penney for $5. I have the humecto that I really like, but haven't ventured past this.

Hey, I do I like it. It's on the heavy side, so it can cause build up, you dont need a lot though. Softens and moisturizes decently. I use it as the top layer cream in my LOC. I looove humecto, their hydrating detangling poo is really nice as well. Try the hairdress and tell me how you find it.

my diy braid spray seems to be working well. Yesterday i took down my front edges to redo them and my hair was soo soft. i used Aloe vera juice, infusium 23, haitian castor oil, a little water but not much, Vo5 moisture milk conditioner, peppermint essential oil and eucalyptus EO, and glycerin. I seal with a haitian castor oil and EVOO mix. I do this every other day.

I dont like how i blunt cut my braid ends. Ill have to wait like a month for when I redo them. I'll leave them feather tipped this time.

Lots of thoughts.

I have been shampooing daily for the last few days and it's really working for me so far. I've done this in the past with no issues so maybe this will be my new reggie. Whenever I want to redo my hair, I need to shampoo, no more co-rinsing. Even if that means every day. My scalp and hair get build up so fast! Maybe this will cut back on how often I have to clarify. My scalp feels so tingly good and my hair seems to have more movement.

Also I've come to the conclusion that there is no shampoo or conditioner (aside from my most precious clarifying poo :gorgeous:) that will work for my hair long term. I can get through a few bottles max before it quits me :lol: so instead of searching for the perfect poo/condish I will use the ones my likes on rotation so that as soon as my hair is sick of one I will go to the next condish/poo in the lineup. Why is my hair so atypical??

My hair is growing really well and it's fun to actually *want* to grow it out again. Went from using 6 sections down to 4 which seems to work better for me. Back to using my "denman" brush (Sally's knockoff beatique brush). Just trying new things.
Hey what Ive learned recently is just do you. More and more people seem to be deviating from the iron rules of hair care and finding success.

Today is a "Wild card" wash day. I'm using a sample of Herbal Essences Naked moisturizing shampoo and a sample of Kerastase Force Architect strengthening mask.

If I like either of these products I can get them from Target (hopefully on sale).

Lots of thoughts.

I have been shampooing daily for the last few days and it's really working for me so far. I've done this in the past with no issues so maybe this will be my new reggie. Whenever I want to redo my hair, I need to shampoo, no more co-rinsing. Even if that means every day. My scalp and hair get build up so fast! Maybe this will cut back on how often I have to clarify. My scalp feels so tingly good and my hair seems to have more movement.

Also I've come to the conclusion that there is no shampoo or conditioner (aside from my most precious clarifying poo :gorgeous:) that will work for my hair long term. I can get through a few bottles max before it quits me :lol: so instead of searching for the perfect poo/condish I will use the ones my likes on rotation so that as soon as my hair is sick of one I will go to the next condish/poo in the lineup. Why is my hair so atypical??

My hair is growing really well and it's fun to actually *want* to grow it out again. Went from using 6 sections down to 4 which seems to work better for me. Back to using my "denman" brush (Sally's knockoff beatique brush). Just trying new things.

My hair is like that too which is why I wash so often. However, I used the Shea moisture low porosity line recently and even using my regular eco styler gel to style after and reapplying gel I don't have as much build up as usual. I think because the leave in pairs so well with eco styler Krystal or something.

My hair is like that too which is why I wash so often. However, I used the Shea moisture low porosity line recently and even using my regular eco styler gel to style after and reapplying gel I don't have as much build up as usual. I think because the leave in pairs so well with eco styler Krystal or something.

Hmmmmm I might to have to look into the line. I think I have tried the gel?? maybe? But I haven't tried the poo or condish/leave in. My main issue with using creamy leave ins is that they build up and eventually dry out my hair. I would love to try a non gunky leave in cream!

My hair shipment is not scheduled to be delivered until next Tuesday :(, so I decided to extend my wng until my products are here. I just M&S and re-applied gel. I also gave myself a deep side part and slicked one side behind my ear w/ eco styler and a bobby bin. The entire back of my hair is twisted and pinned up, so my hair looks like a curly bob w/ one side shaved.

I absolutely LOVE the way it looks!!! Why haven't I tried this style before?

My hair shipment is not scheduled to be delivered until next Tuesday :(, so I decided to extend my wng until my products are here. I just M&S and re-applied gel. I also gave myself a deep side part and slicked one side behind my ear w/ eco styler and a bobby bin. The entire back of my hair is twisted and pinned up, so my hair looks like a curly bob w/ one side shaved.

I absolutely LOVE the way it looks!!! Why haven't I tried this style before?

Any way we can get a pic of this style?? I like the way it sounds!

Hmmmmm I might to have to look into the line. I think I have tried the gel?? maybe? But I haven't tried the poo or condish/leave in. My main issue with using creamy leave ins is that they build up and eventually dry out my hair. I would love to try a non gunky leave in cream!

I would recommend Shea moisture raw shea detangler. if I'm using a heavy gel this helps to keep my hair from drying out.

I kid you not, EVERYTIME I go to my local BSS, the Relaxer aisle looks like
giphy.gif

I'm regretting not taking advantage of The Mane Choice's BF sale. I'm itching to try their products for some reason, and I was never interested before.

Me too, that Egyptian line looks really good. I have never used their products before until I bought their oil; I really like it. Great consistency and it penetrates my strands rather than just sit on my hair. I will look out for future sales from them when I need to buy more products.

The line is only a shampoo, conditioner & leave in.
I made it 4 full days without build up. Day 5 it turned white and flaky on my edges but still 4 days is good for me since I use globs of gel. I still didn't wash the day it started building up though, washing today which is day 7

I would recommend Shea moisture raw shea detangler. if I'm using a heavy gel this helps to keep my hair from drying out.

I have tried it and like it a lot but it must have a lot of protein or something bc my hair started to get that "protein overload " feeling. Cream has to be very neutral and very light to have a chance long term on my hair lol! I really like Oyin hair dew but I don't care for the scent and it sort of flaked/turned ashy in my hair after the first day . I am thinking of revisiting though bc I am doing my hair more frequently anyway.

The line is only a shampoo, conditioner & leave in.
I made it 4 full days without build up. Day 5 it turned white and flaky on my edges but still 4 days is good for me since I use globs of gel. I still didn't wash the day it started building up though, washing today which is day 7

Okay it must have been the gel from the high porosity line? Maybe? Lol

I am going out this weekend to get my Christmas shopping done so if I end up in target or wherever I will definitely do a drive by past the hair care aisle and check out this line lol. Thank you for the recommendation!

I have tried it and like it a lot but it must have a lot of protein or something bc my hair started to get that "protein overload " feeling. Cream has to be very neutral and very light to have a chance long term on my hair lol! I really like Oyin hair dew but I don't care for the scent and it sort of flaked/turned ashy in my hair after the first day . I am thinking of revisiting though bc I am doing my hair more frequently anyway.

Oh no. I think my hair likes protein though. I tried the hair dew and it felt so drying with application. I cannot use it

I have a synthetic curly wig that I love. I have had it for a while and worn it so much that fizz on it makes it look like my natural hair. I get compliments every time I wear and when I say its a wig most women are surprised. I need to put her to rest because the nape area is completely matted now. But you cant tell from looking at the back of my head. My heart hurts. I think I am going to the beauty store and see if I can find something similar before I throw it away. Knowing me I am going to put it in my wig drawer for a while whip it out, put some mousse on it and try to wear it again.

I have a synthetic curly wig that I love. I have had it for a while and worn it so much that fizz on it makes it look like my natural hair. I get compliments every time I wear and when I say its a wig most women are surprised. I need to put her to rest because the nape area is completely matted now. But you cant tell from looking at the back of my head. My heart hurts. I think I am going to the beauty store and see if I can find something similar before I throw it away. Knowing me I am going to put it in my wig drawer for a while whip it out, put some mousse on it and try to wear it again.
Have you tried heavily diluted fabric softener? :look: Just google it. :lol:

Back