Question for anyone who's hair has retained significant health and length...

Do you attract better people/situations as your hair gets longer and healthier?

• yes

Votes: 49 43.0%
  • no

Votes: 65 57.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
oh lawd....ummmmm....

tCp90.gif

and am I the only one that doesn't think OP is that great of a singer??? :nono:

no offense....

How can one not be offended, after a comment like that? :lachen: :lachen:

ETA. Its like ppl say something SO rude and just say "no offense", that should excuse everything

ETAA. No offense :look:

I think as your hair gets longer, and if longer is your goal, then your attitude and perceptions of life changes. You are happier, more outgoing, etc. Thus, they way people respond to you changes, and it seems as if you are attracting 'better' people. It all has to do with perceptions and confidence and how you feel about yourself. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I think as your hair gets longer, and if longer is your goal, then your attitude and perceptions of life changes. You are happier, more outgoing, etc. Thus, they way people respond to you changes, and it seems as if you are attracting 'better' people. It all has to do with perceptions and confidence and how you feel about yourself. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

How is it that hair has such magical powers? I can honestly state that my perception of life has not changed since growing out my hair...my perceptions of life has changed with losing a loved one, having an argument, reading a book, going to church but not adding a monthly .5 inches of dead cells to my already existent dead cells. This is just a little to far-fetched...but to each his own.

Don't stone me ladies, but I know what OP means!! This is part of the law of attraction I think. When we make changes to ourselves that increase our confidence, or improve our outlooks , the universes energy automatically shifts in our favor. This happens subconsciously or consciously. Circumstances in all areas of our lives improve.

I have nothing to comment to the OP because I believe most of y'all know what she meant and desire to be intentionally dramatical. Her wording could have been better in that she seem to be really general but I got her. of course we can analyze the superficiality of people treating her differently/better due to a physical attribute. Still we know that some folk...often our folk have a long hair light skin obsession. This, of course, excludes the educated black women all of whom comprise this forum.

I just want to say to OP MysteryMermaid

your voice is really pretty. You sang that song so effortlessly. I love gospel :)

I'm not picking sides, but I will say this: When I reached BSL, I was in my senior year of undergrad. I felt like such a more confident person than I did when I was SL, but again that could have to do with the fact that I was a freshman at the time. My hair always looked good at BSL, regardless if I wore it in a high bun, straight, or in twist-outs. As a result, I could wear what I wanted to wear and still look put together and I could do what I wanted to do. I had girls who wanted to talk to me because I was the "Girl with the beautiful, long hair", especially popular girls who would have never talked to me freshmen year. I got all kinds of guys wanting to date me wherever I went (white, black, latino, trini). I loved my hair being longer, I mean ISN'T that why we are all on this hair board? Because we want long hair so badly and we know how much better it makes us look?

I recently suffered from a setback that took me back down to SL and while I'm still comfortable with myself, I miss my long hair. Some days I feel like ish because I can't get my hair to look as good as it did when it was long. I have a weave in that looks realistic and the guys I go out on dates with always seem let-down when I tell them that it's not my hair. Their next question is, "Well, how long is your real hair?" And I have to say "A little past my shoulders." Before I never found myself having that awkward conversation about my hair because my hair WAS the length of the weave. And where girls would gravitate toward me because they wanted to know who the girl with the long hair was, I now have to forge those relationships myself.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, pardon the confusion but could you explain how and why you think this is happening.

Could it be self esteem has been lifted which in gives you a better outlook and people feel your positive vibes and are drawn to you.

I believe this is what the OP was trying to convey :yep: I'm assuming that the OPs self confidence is being boosted because she is reaching her goal of having longer healthier hair and is asking whether this occurence reigns true for other members as well.

lol ha ha ha i thought about that after i wrote it too...ha ha ha...

I just thought you meant no offense to the people who do think she can sing. The OP left the thread long ago to be with Beyonce and Puff the Magic Dragon in a magical land on a special seashell on gumdrop island in the sea of mermaids and talking starfish...

ETA: I only came in here to see how this thread could possibly still be going...and now I'm part of the madness--again. :lachen:

I'm confused by your question so I can't answer but missy what a voice! Just wow! I really enjoyed your youtube video!

I just thought you meant no offense to the people who do think she can sing. The OP left the thread long ago to be with Beyonce and Puff the Magic Dragon in a magical land on a special seashell on gumdrop island in the sea of mermaids and talking starfish...

ETA: I only came in here to see how this thread could possibly still be going...and now I'm part of the madness--again. :lachen:

:lol: OK, maybe I need to read the rest of the thread! The bold is hilarious!

This is OT but MysteryMermaid, I just checked out your youtube and GIIIIRLLLL YOU CAN SING!! beautiful angelic voice. Now do you take requests?:drunk:

Back to the topic now.....

OOH you're so pretty.

THANK YOU!
I DO take requests! Save me as a friend =)

Could you come up with an LHCF theme song? :lol: Something like Wendy's theme song (but original lol) "Grow it like you mean it. Grow it out!"

Could you come up with an LHCF theme song? :lol: Something like Wendy's theme song (but original lol) "Grow it like you mean it. Grow it out!"[/QUOTE]

:lachen:Something like "walk it out"

I wonder why she didn't come back in the thread though?

Don't stone me ladies, but I know what OP means!! This is part of the law of attraction I think. When we make changes to ourselves that increase our confidence, or improve our outlooks , the universes energy automatically shifts in our favor. This happens subconsciously or consciously. Circumstances in all areas of our lives improve.

:yep:
I have nothing to comment to the OP because I believe most of y'all know what she meant and desire to be intentionally dramatical. Her wording could have been better in that she seem to be really general but I got her. of course we can analyze the superficiality of people treating her differently/better due to a physical attribute. Still we know that some folk...often our folk have a long hair light skin obsession. This, of course, excludes the educated black women all of whom comprise this forum.

I just want to say to OP @MysteryMermaid

your voice is really pretty. You sang that song so effortlessly. I love gospel :)

:yep::yep::yep:

I'm not picking sides, but I will say this: When I reached BSL, I was in my senior year of undergrad. I felt like such a more confident person than I did when I was SL, but again that could have to do with the fact that I was a freshman at the time. My hair always looked good at BSL, regardless if I wore it in a high bun, straight, or in twist-outs. As a result, I could wear what I wanted to wear and still look put together and I could do what I wanted to do. I had girls who wanted to talk to me because I was the "Girl with the beautiful, long hair", especially popular girls who would have never talked to me freshmen year. I got all kinds of guys wanting to date me wherever I went (white, black, latino, trini). I loved my hair being longer, I mean ISN'T that why we are all on this hair board? Because we want long hair so badly and we know how much better it makes us look?

I recently suffered from a setback that took me back down to SL and while I'm still comfortable with myself, I miss my long hair. Some days I feel like ish because I can't get my hair to look as good as it did when it was long. I have a weave in that looks realistic and the guys I go out on dates with always seem let-down when I tell them that it's not my hair. Their next question is, "Well, how long is your real hair?" And I have to say "A little past my shoulders." Before I never found myself having that awkward conversation about my hair because my hair WAS the length of the weave. And where girls would gravitate toward me because they wanted to know who the girl with the long hair was, I now have to forge those relationships myself.

I thought I was the only one who kind of got it, I'm not trynna boost her or anyone else up but like I said, I think she was a little eager to start a thread that she was too general in her wording.

I hope she doesn't scare off because of the jokes about her. :nono:

Last edited:
You CurliDiva (feel free to add me as a friend on youtube) and Ijanei are the only ones who level with me

:blush3:

:: so good ::

Yeah.. this is starting to look like a witch hunt (lol) and I will spend time where I am loved in tha hair community; youtube and longhairdontcare.net

I'll go join tatiyana, shima, and beyonce.

I don't fit in here. Off this territory I go :angel:

Who is Tatiyana? :dizzy: @ this thread.

I thought I was the only one who kind of got it, I'm not trynna boost her or anyone else up but like I said, I think she was a little eager to start a thread that she was too general in her wording.

I hope she doesn't scare off because of the jokes about her. :nono:

OK, I thought I kind of got it, although her wording was confusing, and I honestly think people tried to respond to her seriously...but you don't see around page 2 where the cheese sorta slid off the cracker (the crazy comment about joining Shima, Tatiayna and Beyonce)??? She could have explained it in a way that--sort of--made sense, but instead, she said "I'm out!" Which was very weird. Annnnd...well, the rest is history!

OK, I thought I kind of got it, although her wording was confusing, and I honestly think people tried to respond to her seriously...but you don't see around page 2 where the cheese sorta slid off the cracker (the crazy comment about joining Shima, Tatiayna and Beyonce)??? She could have explained it in a way that--sort of--made sense, but instead, she said "I'm out!" Which was very weird. Annnnd...well, the rest is history!

:lachen:I'm done!!:lachen:

yea I hear u though! but like Theresamonet asked, who IS Tatiayna? Maybe I wasn't around for that but sigh oh well :rolleyes:. Off to wonderland!!

Oh gosh!! Who ressurrected this thread? :lachen: You know what? In honor of the hilarious fuggery in this thread, giving me a really good laugh, I"m going to change the location in my profile to : With Tatiyana, Shima, and Beyonce :lachen:

You CurliDiva (feel free to add me as a friend on youtube) and Ijanei are the only ones who level with me

:blush3:

:: so good ::

Yeah.. this is starting to look like a witch hunt (lol) and I will spend time where I am loved in tha hair community; youtube and longhairdontcare.net

I'll go join tatiyana, shima, and beyonce.

I don't fit in here. Off this territory I go :angel:

Last edited:
Back