PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks I didn't know that. I don't need to increase elasticity. I need my hair to stay strong! Good info thanks aggie
You're welcomed Pat. I need to use it because I use henna and the Duo Tek helps to bring back the elasticity my hair needs. I wished you didn't dump it though. Give it to a loved one or friend who may need it. I don't throw away anything:nono:.

That sounds like a great mix Aggie!:yep:

I'm gonna try adding egg to my treatments, see if it will help with volume and strength. Got the idea from these posts:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=354819

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=64397

Hope it works. Will post my results.

ETA: Did an egg, ORS Mayo, amla oil and henna treatment this morning, followed by a coconut oil DC. Hair feels nice and strong and soft. Hair air dried nice and full...made my first unassisted bun today =)

Thanks NW, I think I might try that but pookiwah uses honey in hers and that really appealed to me, so I might try that first:yep:.

Last edited:
Yesterday I conditioned with MT mixed with some Creme Of Nature Reconstructor Conditioner for a few minutes for strength while in cornrows. I hate when I take cornrows/briads/sew-ins down and my hair is weak so I'm making sure it stays strong this time.

I relaxed earlier. did the reconstructor step before the neutralizer. I'm very pleased how my hair turned out.

Hey Trish - did you hair have a "different" feel to it after you relaxed since "Protein became your friend"?? Mine has - It so hard to describe - lack of better word - I would go with "sturdy" - I like pulling on it and no hair(s) are coming out ...

Hey Trish - did you hair have a "different" feel to it after you relaxed since "Protein became your friend"?? Mine has - It so hard to describe - lack of better word - I would go with "sturdy" - I like pulling on it and no hair(s) are coming out ...
Yes thats a good way to describe it "sturdy" And it didn't take all year for me to rinse the relaxer out. It usually takes 10x and the poo still pink. This time I rinsed and did the reconstructor step, when I neutralized it was white. The relaxer took really good. :yep::yep:

You're welcomed Pat. I need to use it because I use henna and the Duo Tek helps to bring back the elasticity my hair needs. I wished you didn't dump it though. Give it to a loved one or friend who may need it. I don't throw away anything:nono:.
Yeah I told my niece she can have it.:yep::yep:

I finally got the chance to update my siggy and take a picture of my progress. I'm not sure I'm getting the progress I should be getting? I've been out of my weaves for almost 7 months or so now. I really want to get another one because I'm not really seeing much of a big difference. What do you all think from looking at my siggy and these photos? The first is January, the second is April. I feel like I should be growing more though???

Attachments

• January 17, 2009.JPG
    January 17, 2009.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
  • April 9, 2009.jpg
    April 9, 2009.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 16
Thanks so much for this post! I'm definitely using protein every week now because my strands are thin and need it. I'm using Nexxus Emergencee right now(i love it), but looking for some more effective protein treatments. Thinking about trying Frederic F. Protein RX Mask.

You should, it's excellent! It's not cheap but a little goes a long way. I alternate weekly between the F/Fekkai protein treatment and the aphogee 2 minute.

I henna'ed yesterday for about 6 hours. I used coffee as the moisture and a bit of Pantene Thick and full conditioner. When I finished washing out the henna my hair felt like it had just been relaxed! I was in shock and awe! Henna has never made my hair feel so silky and smooth, it usually just makes it feel stronger and thicker. Whatever happened yesterday was amazing, I almost want to try it again today! Anyways, after a thorough rinsing I put in some porosity control for a few minutes and rinsed and put in my usual LTR leave-in and green tea spray. I didn't actually wash my hair with shampoo, but that henna treatment has me feeling somewhere around an 11!

I henna'ed yesterday for about 6 hours. I used coffee as the moisture and a bit of Pantene Thick and full conditioner. When I finished washing out the henna my hair felt like it had just been relaxed! I was in shock and awe! Henna has never made my hair feel so silky and smooth, it usually just makes it feel stronger and thicker. Whatever happened yesterday was amazing, I almost want to try it again today! Anyways, after a thorough rinsing I put in some porosity control for a few minutes and rinsed and put in my usual LTR leave-in and green tea spray. I didn't actually wash my hair with shampoo, but that henna treatment has me feeling somewhere around an 11!

:woohoo:An 11! Congrats!

I finally got the chance to update my siggy and take a picture of my progress. I'm not sure I'm getting the progress I should be getting? I've been out of my weaves for almost 7 months or so now. I really want to get another one because I'm not really seeing much of a big difference. What do you all think from looking at my siggy and these photos? The first is January, the second is April. I feel like I should be growing more though???
Girl you making progress. I know how it is its hard to see yourself, the pics speaks for itself. You can see progress in such a short time. :yep::yep::yep:

Oh wow thats beautiful. Congrats thats a good regimine you got. Keep on doing what you doing. Its working!

This past Thursday night, I applied clarified with Joico chelating/clarifying poo, washed with Infusium 23 Moisturologie, applied Emergencee and let it air-dry on my hair for about two hours. Afterwards, I DC with Infusium 23 Moisturologie and SE Mega Cholesterol. I applied Infusium Moist leave-in, a small dab of GVP The conditioner leave-in and a small amount of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil to seal. I roller set my hair and I must say my hair is a 10!!!! Love that Infusium!!!!

Added an egg and cinnamon to the ORS Replenishing Pak and kept it on for an hour w/o heat. After rinsing put on Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment for 45min. Rinsed and applied Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor in the shower for 7 min. Rinsed and did a quick condition with Hair One Olive Oil cleanser. After shower, sprayed Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Spray. Applied Joico K-Pak Reconstructor Spit End Mender to ends. Applied ORS Olive Oil Lotion. Sealed with Amla Oil. Hair is soft and strong with smooth ends and noticable body...feels like a 9.5 today.

Added an egg and cinnamon to the ORS Replenishing Pak and kept it on for an hour w/o heat. After rinsing put on Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment for 45min. Rinsed and applied Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor in the shower for 7 min. Rinsed and did a quick condition with Hair One Olive Oil cleanser. After shower, sprayed Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Spray. Applied Joico K-Pak Reconstructor Spit End Mender to ends. Applied ORS Olive Oil Lotion. Sealed with Amla Oil. Hair is soft and strong with smooth ends and noticable body...feels like a 9.5 today.

:eek: Joico has a split end mender that I didn't know about???!!! How well does it work??

Off to go buy some ... :cowgirl:

Sorry it took so long for me to answer, ladies. I just got back from dinner.

:eek: Joico has a split end mender that I didn't know about???!!! How well does it work??

Off to go buy some ... :cowgirl:

Yes, I found it at a local beauty supply store here in Palm Springs. I didn't know they had one either until I saw it. I like the way it smoothed my ends, absolutely no frizz like I usually get (I airdry). It comes in a pump and it's like a serum. I put only about 3 pumps in my hand before spreading it on my ends, and it spreads really well:yep: but it's not greasy. HTH

November Wind--What does the cinnamon do?

Some say that it lightens the hair...I believe another member said she lightened her hair with it.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=7328477

My hair didn't lighten today, but there was a noticeable dark red/auburn tint that I was surprised to see (I only left it in for an hour:ohwell:)

I want to see if it helps with growing in bald spots, like my edges. I got the idea to try it from a post on The Anti Hair Slave blog, but instead of cinnamon oil, I used cinnamon powder since that's what I have. Some of the comments on the blog say that it does work, but I want to see for myself. I'll give it about 4-6 weeks to see if there's some truth to it.

This is where I got the idea:

http://theantihairslave.blogspot.com/2008/06/cinnamon-oil.html

HTH

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long for me to answer, ladies. I just got back from dinner.

Yes, I found it at a local beauty supply store here in Palm Springs. I didn't know they had one either until I saw it. I like the way it smoothed my ends, absolutely no frizz like I usually get (I airdry). It comes in a pump and it's like a serum. I put only about 3 pumps in my hand before spreading it on my ends, and it spreads really well:yep: but it's not greasy. HTH

HTH

Where in Palm Springs do you purchase it?

I am so excited to try this! :yep:

Last edited:
I know that I have been MIA. I thought that I was having a setback due to protein overload. But I found that it was the indigo that was causing my hair to be extremely hard. So now I know that I must use the indigo mixed with henna and a bunch of conditioner.

Today I DC'd on dry hair with Nexxus Emergencee then washed with Joico. I used the Joico K-pak reconstructor and DC'd with heat with a mixture of Vatika and Joico Moisture Balm. I rinsed and applied SAA. Now here is the kicker:

I used the Rusk conditioner (ala Sylver2) and WOWOWOW. It made my hair felt like silk. Better than my beloved Lacio lacio (blasphemy!) I rollerset and it came out PERFECT.

From now on I am only using the Joico and Nexxus lines along with the Rusk smoother and Coconut oil (Vatika). Everything else is gonna go (and boy do I have a LARGE stash!)

I wrapped my hair and will sleep with a wig cap on. I will see in the morning how everything turned out.

I give this treatment an 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back