PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I have been MIA. I thought that I was having a setback due to protein overload. But I found that it was the indigo that was causing my hair to be extremely hard. So now I know that I must use the indigo mixed with henna and a bunch of conditioner.

Today I DC'd on dry hair with Nexxus Emergencee then washed with Joico. I used the Joico K-pak reconstructor and DC'd with heat with a mixture of Vatika and Joico Moisture Balm. I rinsed and applied SAA. Now here is the kicker:

I used the Rusk conditioner (ala Sylver2) and WOWOWOW. It made my hair felt like silk. Better than my beloved Lacio lacio (blasphemy!) I rollerset and it came out PERFECT.

From now on I am only using the Joico and Nexxus lines along with the Rusk smoother and Coconut oil (Vatika). Everything else is gonna go (and boy do I have a LARGE stash!)

I wrapped my hair and will sleep with a wig cap on. I will see in the morning how everything turned out.

I give this treatment an 11!

Congrats on getting an 11:yep: I'm so excited for you! I don't know what I would do without Joico.

Last night I used the MillCreek Keratin poo (diluted) and condish mixed with a few drops of EVOO (I'm going to revisit EVOO for a while) After that my hair felt like a 10, I felt I didn't even need to do a moisture DC afterwards, but I did for good measure. I used AO White Camillia with EVOO added. I think my hair really likes keratin and EVOO. I'm still hanging in here with the Protein challenge. I have been experimenting on how my hair likes the blend of henna and protein. I think my hair is just a protein hog.

I'm definitely using my JOICO products on the days I use heat.

I think my PJness illness has been cured. Between MillCreek Biotin or Keratin and JOICO products...I don't really need many other conditioners, just some moisture for after my henna treatments. I will alternate using some ayurveda powders from time to time. I feel free now that the PJ monster is off my back :clap: :lol:

Last night I used the MillCreek Keratin poo (diluted) and condish mixed with a few drops of EVOO (I'm going to revisit EVOO for a while) After that my hair felt like a 10, I felt I didn't even need to do a moisture DC afterwards, but I did for good measure. I used AO White Camillia with EVOO added. I think my hair really likes keratin and EVOO. I'm still hanging in here with the Protein challenge. I have been experimenting on how my hair likes the blend of henna and protein. I think my hair is just a protein hog.

I think my PJness illness has been cured. Between MillCreek Biotin or Keratin and JOICO products...I don't really need many other conditioners, just some moisture for after my henna treatments. I will alternate using some ayurveda powders from time to time. I feel free now that the PJ monster is off my back :clap: :lol:

I started doing the bolded a few weeks back myself and they work wonders for me so I think my hair is a protein hog too:grin:.

I've been spraying my cornrows with my ayurveda powders and oils mixture everyday for strength and moisture.

This past Thursday night, I applied clarified with Joico chelating/clarifying poo, washed with Infusium 23 Moisturologie, applied Emergencee and let it air-dry on my hair for about two hours. Afterwards, I DC with Infusium 23 Moisturologie and SE Mega Cholesterol. I applied Infusium Moist leave-in, a small dab of GVP The conditioner leave-in and a small amount of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil to seal. I roller set my hair and I must say my hair is a 10!!!! Love that Infusium!!!!
You go girl! You must be feeling good right about now

Added an egg and cinnamon to the ORS Replenishing Pak and kept it on for an hour w/o heat. After rinsing put on Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment for 45min. Rinsed and applied Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor in the shower for 7 min. Rinsed and did a quick condition with Hair One Olive Oil cleanser. After shower, sprayed Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Spray. Applied Joico K-Pak Reconstructor Spit End Mender to ends. Applied ORS Olive Oil Lotion. Sealed with Amla Oil. Hair is soft and strong with smooth ends and noticable body...feels like a 9.5 today.
Glad to hear! I'm also curious about the cinnamon. What is it for?

I know that I have been MIA. I thought that I was having a setback due to protein overload. But I found that it was the indigo that was causing my hair to be extremely hard. So now I know that I must use the indigo mixed with henna and a bunch of conditioner.

Today I DC'd on dry hair with Nexxus Emergencee then washed with Joico. I used the Joico K-pak reconstructor and DC'd with heat with a mixture of Vatika and Joico Moisture Balm. I rinsed and applied SAA. Now here is the kicker:

I used the Rusk conditioner (ala Sylver2) and WOWOWOW. It made my hair felt like silk. Better than my beloved Lacio lacio (blasphemy!) I rollerset and it came out PERFECT.

From now on I am only using the Joico and Nexxus lines along with the Rusk smoother and Coconut oil (Vatika). Everything else is gonna go (and boy do I have a LARGE stash!)

I wrapped my hair and will sleep with a wig cap on. I will see in the morning how everything turned out.

I give this treatment an 11!
Congrats! Yeah I use the rusk too. I sometimes use the leave in instead of a follow up treatment of moisure dc

Thats a good way to explain it! I think my hair is a protein how too. I feel ya. no PJism for me either. I'm over that. I have good staple products I use

Idk if any of u are relaxed...but if you are Id try not to use it too often...it can try relaxed hair...my stylist only uses it on me once per month...but perhaps thats just my hair...

Whats a good protein leave in? I am in braids and I wash weekly but I want to use a light protein leave in as I use my moisturixing braid spray twice daily.. Thanks

I did an unconventional (for me) protein treatment yesterday using greek yoghurt and liquid amino acids to help my frizz problem. I mixed it up and applied, put on cap for 45min or so and rinsed. Went through my normal wash day reggie (co-wash, DC, leave-in, seal). I would say from the protein treatment alone it was an 8 or so. It did help with the frizz and my hair felt really strong after but definitely needed some moisture after. I'll try it again in 2 weeks to re-evaluate.

just wanted to jump in...

i'm not in this challenge but it DID get me using protein again, and i think that's what was missing in my regimen (other than a good shampoo). i've been using protein in my DCs for the past 2-3 weeks now and my WNGs are great, my hair feels stronger, and hopefully i'll be able to retain more growth despite the detangling and all.

Thanks Patricia for this thread and challenge, i decided to use aphogee 2 min for,like, 40 minutes after a cassia gloss. My hair really needed it. The texture was so different, so resilient. I will definitely up my protein ante. I shied away from protein bcs i had an overload a year ago that caused major major damage. i've been on moisture control since (which was too much), so now, i'm reaching a nice balance.

Thanks ladies, for all your posts and suggestions.

Yesterday - I washed with Therappe Shampoo - followed up with Emergencee - then followed up with Kenra MC - running low on the Emergencee - (singing) I get to go hair product shoppin'!!!

I'm not in the challenge but I did an Aphogee 2 min Saturday night and it was awesome! That plus using Roux Fermodyl 619 leave in gave me the best flat iron I've had in a long time.

A few weeks ago I used Aphogee 2 step protein treatment which stopped my breakage which was great, so I decided to continure with weekly protein dc's, for the last 3 weeks I've been using AO GPB but I'm still seeing breakage; I wear my hair in cornrowns under a wig, and seal my ends daily with with castor oil but when I go to seal my ends there's a little bit of broken hairs left on my fingers; what's the deal? I'm moisturising every other day with (distilled h20, glycerin and Aleo); What am I doing wrong? Do I need a stronger protein condi for my weekly DC if so what do you recommend? Please help I'm so frustrated.

A few weeks ago I used Aphogee 2 step protein treatment which stopped my breakage which was great, so I decided to continure with weekly protein dc's, for the last 3 weeks I've been using AO GPB but I'm still seeing breakage; I wear my hair in cornrowns under a wig, and seal my ends daily with with castor oil but when I go to seal my ends there's a little bit of broken hairs left on my fingers; what's the deal? I'm moisturising every other day with (distilled h20, glycerin and Aleo); What am I doing wrong? Do I need a stronger protein condi for my weekly DC if so what do you recommend? Please help I'm so frustrated.

Im going thro the same with some breakkage. I did the mild keratin treatment one...now im thinking bout the hardcore one to see if it works.
Maybe you need a goo00od DC with some heat. i think i need one also....despite the daily moisturizing, i do that everyday n still have some breakage.:ohwell:

But for the most part my hair is healthy and growing :)

Yesterday I dc'd with Shescentit's Fortifying Masque mixed coconut oil and ayurvedic powders. 1 hr with heat, a few hours without.

Where are you seeing the breakage? Is it throughout your hair in general or just primarily your ends? I'm asking b/c you said that you seal your ends w/ castor oil. I do, too, and I see some breakage at my ends. I remember some ladies saying that castor oil broke their ends b/c it was too heavy. Maybe your hair needs more protein (I know mine does), but don't rule out the castor oil.

Hmm I never thought about the castor oil being the cause of the breakage, I will look into sealing with coconut oil instead for a few weeks instead;

I know I need stronger protein for my weekly use especially since I'm transitioning but which one, I getting a bit tired of experimenting these days. any suggestions?

Where are you seeing the breakage? Is it throughout your hair in general or just primarily your ends? I'm asking b/c you said that you seal your ends w/ castor oil. I do, too, and I see some breakage at my ends. I remember some ladies saying that castor oil broke their ends b/c it was too heavy. Maybe your hair needs more protein (I know mine does), but don't rule out the castor oil.

:eek::eek: Wha, wha?? (at bolded) I just started using castor oil for the last two days.

Off to find posts about this ...

I did an unconventional (for me) protein treatment yesterday using greek yoghurt and liquid amino acids to help my frizz problem. I mixed it up and applied, put on cap for 45min or so and rinsed. Went through my normal wash day reggie (co-wash, DC, leave-in, seal). I would say from the protein treatment alone it was an 8 or so. It did help with the frizz and my hair felt really strong after but definitely needed some moisture after. I'll try it again in 2 weeks to re-evaluate.
OK let us know!

i'm not in this challenge but it DID get me using protein again, and i think that's what was missing in my regimen (other than a good shampoo). i've been using protein in my DCs for the past 2-3 weeks now and my WNGs are great, my hair feels stronger, and hopefully i'll be able to retain more growth despite the detangling and all.
Glad to hear. Keep us posted

hmmmm nice blog, didn't see the follow this blog logo. I wanted to keep up with your progress

Thanks Patricia for this thread and challenge, i decided to use aphogee 2 min for,like, 40 minutes after a cassia gloss. My hair really needed it. The texture was so different, so resilient. I will definitely up my protein ante. I shied away from protein bcs i had an overload a year ago that caused major major damage. i've been on moisture control since (which was too much), so now, i'm reaching a nice balance.

Thanks ladies, for all your posts and suggestions.
Oh thats so nice of you! I know you not in the challenge but come back and let us know how its working out for you. We all have the same goals. Growing long hair.

I'm not in the challenge but I did an Aphogee 2 min Saturday night and it was awesome! That plus using Roux Fermodyl 619 leave in gave me the best flat iron I've had in a long time.
I heard ya! We going to do this hair thing. I haven't used the fermodyl in a while. Love to hear it worked out for you. Come back and let us know more when you can

Not all protein conditioners created equally! Not sure how the aubrey you using stacks up. OK how do your hair feel after you DC? Me personally moisturize 1X a week now. That just me. I was using my protein DC 1X a week but trying to moisturize 5X. That equaled disasted on my hair. OFF balance and was truely defeating the purpose of me using Protein conditioner. Don't just moisturize because someone tells you to . Do it because your hair is dry. Since i've uped my protein, my hair don't need as much moisture products. The protein helps my hair hold on to moisture. Try to cut down on moisture and then reevaluate your hair. if that don't help. Use a stronger protein, then alternate with milder protein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back