PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I used up the last of my Jheri Redding yesterday. I ended up doing the treatment yesterday instead. I'll be using eggs from now on until I can get my hands on some more JR. Anyway my hair feels great, thick, strong and moisturised! I moisturised with some WN Moisturising Finishing lotion which I am growing to absolutely love. My hair feels like silk when I apply it. Sprayed on a bit of S-Curl and rubbed a dime sized amount of Le Kair Natural Shea butter cholesterol cream throughout and on the ends of my hair. I am loving this shea butter cream too and the smell. I am very pleased with the results. Dare I say a 10?!!!

Beautiful!!!!!!!! I'm still using up my 3 btls of emergencee and the super sized btl of duotex. I can't wait to try the jherri redding. I over did it the other week buying my fav shampoo Garnier. I'm trying to chill for a min.

Beautiful!!!!!!!! I'm still using up my 3 btls of emergencee and the super sized btl of duotex. I can't wait to try the jherri redding. I over did it the other week buying my fav shampoo Garnier. I'm trying to chill for a min.

Patricia,

How do you like the DuoTex? How does it compare to Emergencee?

I just bought a bottle of DuoTex that I will try tomorrow morning.

Patricia,

How do you like the DuoTex? How does it compare to Emergencee?

I just bought a bottle of DuoTex that I will try tomorrow morning.
Its hard to compare. I like both. Duotex is good product when you don't need a strong protein. Emergencee is the protein you need to stop severe shedding and breakage. Just depends on the kind of protein your hair needs for the week. Please post and let us know how the duotex works for you.

Just checking in... Used the Roux Mendex yesterday when I did my big weekly wash. I liked how it applied and the fact that it was creamy and gave me some good slip so I could really comb it through and coat each hair. I then put on a plastic cap and used heat for an hour (I fell asleep). I forgot to do a strand test to see how strong my hair was after but it was definitely soft and managable right after including the DC. I'll give it a 7-8 until I try it again.

Hey guys. I lurved my hair last week after an Emergencee treatment and flatiron. I hair was swanging. Well this week it seems like it still needs some more protein. Remind you I had braids in for almost six weeks before I took them out and used my Emergencee on 3/21. Can I use the Emergencee every week or is that too much? I did do the Aphogee Two minute Reconstructor but I think that stuff is ish!

Just checking in... Used the Roux Mendex yesterday when I did my big weekly wash. I liked how it applied and the fact that it was creamy and gave me some good slip so I could really comb it through and coat each hair. I then put on a plastic cap and used heat for an hour (I fell asleep). I forgot to do a strand test to see how strong my hair was after but it was definitely soft and managable right after including the DC. I'll give it a 7-8 until I try it again.
Hey you almost there. Keep it up you will reach a perfect 10 soon

Hey guys. I lurved my hair last week after an Emergencee treatment and flatiron. I hair was swanging. Well this week it seems like it still needs some more protein. Remind you I had braids in for almost six weeks before I took them out and used my Emergencee on 3/21. Can I use the Emergencee every week or is that too much? I did do the Aphogee Two minute Reconstructor but I think that stuff is ish!
Glad you back in regular rotation with us. Honey I use emergencee every week for a couple months straight. Then I used a milder protein. I absolutely love the emergencee!

Did a tea rinse and cowashed it out with a mix of JASON Biotin,wheat protein,castor oil, and ayurvedic powders. I will give it a 9 right now and I'm not even done with everything yet.

Glad you back in regular rotation with us. Honey I use emergencee every week for a couple months straight. Then I used a milder protein. I absolutely love the emergencee!
Thanks Patricia. I think I will do that. My hair loves protein. After an egg/condish mixture or this time, the Emergencee, my hair acts like it has some sense. That Aphogee two minute leads to 10,080 minutes (seven days) of uggh! until my next wash. And that balancing moisturizer? Don't know what to say about that. Now I know to step it up either with my good ol' chicken offspring or the Emergencee for now. My hair takes moisture better, it styles better, and it feels better.

I'm in the cowash challenge and thought I'd update here as well. Yesterday I cowashed with a blend of MT and Nioxin Scalp therapy for protein and followed up with some v05 free me freesia mixed with Keracare Humecto conditioner for moisture:yep:.

I had a tiny bit of henna left over in the frige from Saturday, not enough for a whole head treatment, so I mixed it with a mix of brahmi, amla, kalpi tone, bhringraj and ginger powders and some leftover Miss key 10 in 1 conditioner and put it on brahmi pre-oiled hair. I left it on for 2 hours and cowashed it out with v05 free me freesia. Conditioned for 5 minutes with MT and AO GPB conditioners, now I am deep conditioning with Biolage Conditioning Balm mixed with AO HSR conditioner.

Protein saved my hair this week. On Sunday I did a touchup. My hair got bone straight in 8 minutes, which I thought was weird. Looked at the jar (SE lye) and saw that I picked up the regular instead of the mild:wallbash:. By this time the relaxer was on my whole head. Right away I go to neutralize. After it wall all said and done, you could see right through to my scalp--even after I airdried. I was really down for a few days. Then on Wed. (yesterday) I decided to try something; I figured it couldn't hurt:ohwell:. I made a gloss containing Garnier Fructis, amla, henna, brihngraj and brahmi. Applied this to my dry hair and left in on for 3-1/2 hours. Rinsed and applied Ion Intensive Therapy Protein Fortifier and Moisturizer for 20 minutes. Rinsed and applied Joico Moisture Recovery for 30 minutes with heat. After rinsing, my hair felt strong, healthy, and even looks thicker:yep:. I cannot see my scalp anymore through my hair. I attribute the improvement to using protein. Still not a 10, but it's better than it was Sunday. I'll give this a 7. I think this is the first time my hair was not a 10:rolleyes:

I had a tiny bit of henna left over in the frige from Saturday, not enough for a whole head treatment, so I mixed it with a mix of brahmi, amla, kalpi tone, bhringraj and ginger powders and some leftover Miss key 10 in 1 conditioner and put it on brahmi pre-oiled hair. I left it on for 2 hours and cowashed it out with v05 free me freesia. Conditioned for 5 minutes with MT and AO GPB conditioners, now I am deep conditioning with Biolage Conditioning Balm mixed with AO HSR conditioner.

That mix sounds divine Aggie:lick: Please let us know how it turned out.

Thanks Patricia. I think I will do that. My hair loves protein. After an egg/condish mixture or this time, the Emergencee, my hair acts like it has some sense. That Aphogee two minute leads to 10,080 minutes (seven days) of uggh! until my next wash. And that balancing moisturizer? Don't know what to say about that. Now I know to step it up either with my good ol' chicken offspring or the Emergencee for now. My hair takes moisture better, it styles better, and it feels better.
Yeah you probably need it now that you took the braids out. I know what you mean. My hair takes moisture better too! I haven't bought the 2 min in a while. I was thinking about having it in my stash when I need some mild stuff! Hows the DQ?

Everytime I see your siggy I'm thinkng WOW! You keep doing it, don't change a thing:yep::yep:

Protein saved my hair this week. On Sunday I did a touchup. My hair got bone straight in 8 minutes, which I thought was weird. Looked at the jar (SE lye) and saw that I picked up the regular instead of the mild:wallbash:. By this time the relaxer was on my whole head. Right away I go to neutralize. After it wall all said and done, you could see right through to my scalp--even after I airdried. I was really down for a few days. Then on Wed. (yesterday) I decided to try something; I figured it couldn't hurt:ohwell:. I made a gloss containing Garnier Fructis, amla, henna, brihngraj and brahmi. Applied this to my dry hair and left in on for 3-1/2 hours. Rinsed and applied Ion Intensive Therapy Protein Fortifier and Moisturizer for 20 minutes. Rinsed and applied Joico Moisture Recovery for 30 minutes with heat. After rinsing, my hair felt strong, healthy, and even looks thicker:yep:. I cannot see my scalp anymore through my hair. I attribute the improvement to using protein. Still not a 10, but it's better than it was Sunday. I'll give this a 7. I think this is the first time my hair was not a 10:rolleyes:
Awwwwww sorry to hear you not at a perfect 10. It will happen again really soon. At least you know what to do to get there!

That mix sounds divine Aggie:lick: Please let us know how it turned out.

oooh november, it was the best ever. I am 10 weeks post my last relaxer and girl I need all the softness I can get for my new growth. The hot oil prepoos and treatments just before my DCs are helping tremendously at keeping my new growth very soft and silky like. Cold water final rinses are a God-send too.

I finally feel like I know what to do to stretch much much longer than usual. I am only stretching really long now (hopefully 32 weeks this time) because I am newly texlaxed but once I am fully there, I will return to my regular 10-12 weeks and no longer.

I am losing some hair from the texlaxed demarcation line that connects to the bone straight hair but I don't mind because I am slowly cutting it off anyway. I am excitedly looking forward to having fully texlaxed hair:yep:. I am falling in love with my hair all over again:lick:.

oooh november, it was the best ever. I am 10 weeks post my last relaxer and girl I need all the softness I can get for my new growth. The hot oil prepoos and treatments just before my DCs are helping tremendously at keeping my new growth very soft and silky like. Cold water final rinses are a God-send too.

I finally feel like I know what to do to stretch much much longer than usual. I am only stretching really long now (hopefully 32 weeks this time) because I am newly texlaxed but once I am fully there, I will return to my regular 10-12 weeks and no longer.

I am losing some hair from the texlaxed demarcation line that connects to the bone straight hair but I don't mind because I am slowly cutting it off anyway. I am excitedly looking forward to having fully texlaxed hair:yep:. I am falling in love with my hair all over again:lick:.
OMG 32 weeks.
Thats about 7 months. just kidding you can do it. I'm suppose to relax in april its 3 months. I most likely will do it but Im feeling like hanging on a while longer. My hair is kinda itchie but for the most part I'm feeling I can go till june. I'll keep you posted

OMG 32 weeks.
Thats about 7 months. just kidding you can do it. I'm suppose to relax in april its 3 months. I most likely will do it but Im feeling like hanging on a while longer. My hair is kinda itchie but for the most part I'm feeling I can go till june. I'll keep you posted

(sighs) I could not hold out - I relaxed on Tuesday...however, when I tell ya since increasing my protein over the last 3 months has made a big difference...my hair feels so strong (I also added protein to my relaxer , SAA, Hydrolyzed Keratin and Keratin Amino Acids) - if I had some BTL (Boo-Tay Length) hair - I declare you would be able to jump rope with it :lachen:-

Ahhhh! great minds think alike. Your gloss seems real close to the one that I did today november....WOW:lick:! Also you did the right thing by getting your hair wet within 3 days to stop the neutralizing process. Wetting the hair within 3 days of a relaxer causes the hair to revert a little, hence the good results you got. The protein treatment certainly helped as well. Good thinking:yep:.

OMG 32 weeks.

Yes indeed, I am stretching 32 weeks this time. If I succeed, it will be the longest stretch that I've ever done. I've done 10 weeks so far and has 22 more to go. This means that I will have to braid/cornrow my hair at least 3 times throughout this stretch in order to make it all the way.You're right though, I can do it, especially with all the support I have here:yep:.

(sighs) I could not hold out - I relaxed on Tuesday...however, when I tell ya since increasing my protein over the last 3 months has made a big difference...my hair feels so strong (I also added protein to my relaxer , SAA, Hydrolyzed Keratin and Keratin Amino Acids) - if I had some BTL (Boo-Tay Length) hair - I declare you would be able to jump rope with it :lachen:-

Hey sqzbly, where did you get the bolded? I have the SAA but not the other two and I want some a dem:grin:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back