PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neice has been complaining about shedding more than normal. Have you been wearing a hat outdoors cause the cold air can wreak your hair. How about a weekly treatment? Did the shedding stop after the first treatment? What about a good protein leave in? I've been using aphogee leave in and aphogee green tea reconstructor faithfully after my DC. Are you using any growth aids? sometime it will speed up your growth and also speed up the hairs you shed too! Just a few things to think about

:yep:IA with the bolded. That's why I haven't been too concerned with the shedding I've had.

Just checking in ladies,

I shampooed today with lanza healing strength and deep conditioned with lanza healing strength conditioner for 1 hour. My hair is drying right now but it looks and feels like a 10.....yay for protein!

Isn't it great when the result is a 10?:drunk:

OT: To all the ladies that have joined the deep conditioning challenge, just a little note I'd like to part with you. The original DC challenge thread is now closed - I have asked the mods to lock it as I have started a new one here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=334771, so if there are any other DC challengers that are a part of this challenge, besides Patricia and myself, please post in the link included here. Thanks ladies.

Now on to my protein update: I have been applying MT to my scalp and hair nightly and washing out the following morning. My hair has virtually no breakage. MT is most definately the truth as an overnight pre-poo. I follow up with a moisturizing DC with every wash. I have to keep the moisture/protein balance strong if I want to keep hair on my head:yep:.

Same for me, too. You've reminded me I wanted to try the MT as a prepoo. If I remember I'll do it tonight:yep:

2nd update:

I washed with the Mastey Restore Shampoo, deep conditioned with Pantene R&N Mask and then followed with Aphoghee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructor and their Pro-Vitamin Leave in.

My hair felt softer then my last update, but I still haven't reached my goal of 10. I think I will by my next wash.

I have the silicon mix DC but since it has some protein in it, I was wondering if this would be a good follow-up to the Aphpgee 2 min recon...glad you posted this

Yes this is what I use to follow up with and my hair feels great. Give it a try, let me know how it works for you. :-)

Now that I'm stretching, I need to up my protein until I relax, every other week.

Can you add the new Protein Silicon Mix (in a tub). Note: It's not the regular Silicon Mix Deep Conditioner. They now carry this new Protein Silicon Mix product. I picked some up in Jersey City and LOVED it!!

Now that I'm stretching, I need to up my protein until I relax, every other week.

Can you add the new Protein Silicon Mix (in a tub). Note: It's not the regular Silicon Mix Deep Conditioner. They now carry this new Protein Silicon Mix product. I picked some up in Jersey City and LOVED it!!

Ohh I have been "eyeing" this in the BSS..tell us more about it..:yep:

On Saturday night I used my MT/OCT mix and baggied overnight, rinsed out in the morning and DC'd with a sulfate and paraben free hydrating conditioner mixed with honey for about 2 hours. Hair felt like a 7 afterward. this will be a good midweek treatment for me.

Tonight I pre-pood with a garlic oil (garlic infused in sweet almond oil) with heat for 20mins, shampooed with Infusium 23 for color treated hair, followed by Aphogee 2min Keratin reconstructor and baggied for 45mins. I detangled with the Aphogee in and then rinsed out. Moisturised and sealed with JBCO then twisted my hair. I saw less than 10 of my broken curlies in my hands!! I give this a 10!! :drunk:

Will use Motions CPR next and see how that goes. :yep:
You doing really good with your regimine:grin:. Keep it up!

Ok so I did my protein treatment yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. The amount of breakage I usually get was cut in half yay! The conditioning balm detangled my hair and my ng laid flat on my head (I'm 14 weeks post and have about 2 inches ng).

I'm so happy. So I did the ponytail roller set and it was iffy at best, I'll try it again. So today I'd give my hair an 8, which is good
That sounds like progress to me! :yep::yep::yep:

I would like to join protein is most defo my friend. My regime consists of protein almost daily...

Co-wash daily; moist/protein conditioner alternatively joico 3min recon..
Wash twice a week;
Protein treatments; Nexxus, Joico recon.
Leave-in daily; Joico liquid reconstructor, coconut oil to seal
DC weekly; homemade receipe

My hair is thriving with current regime....
WELCOME I WILL ADD YOU TO THE CHALLENGE. SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A GREAT REGIMINE THATS WORKING FOR YOU . GOOD TO HEAR YOU ALREADY ON THE RIGHT TRACK. CHECK IN AND RATE YOU HAIR EXPERIENCE ON YOUR WASH DAY. WE LIKE TO HEAR YOUR REVIEWS ON DIFFERENT PRODUCTS YOU HAVE TRYED. KEEP ON PUSHING FORWARD. WE GOING TO MEET OUR GOALS SOON!

Just checking in ladies,

I shampooed today with lanza healing strength and deep conditioned with lanza healing strength conditioner for 1 hour. My hair is drying right now but it looks and feels like a 10.....yay for protein!
:band: THAT IS SO COOL

OT: To all the ladies that have joined the deep conditioning challenge, just a little note I'd like to part with you. The original DC challenge thread is now closed - I have asked the mods to lock it as I have started a new one here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=334771, so if there are any other DC challengers that are a part of this challenge, besides Patricia and myself, please post in the link included here. Thanks ladies.

Now on to my protein update: I have been applying MT to my scalp and hair nightly and washing out the following morning. My hair has virtually no breakage. MT is most definately the truth as an overnight pre-poo. I follow up with a moisturizing DC with every wash. I have to keep the moisture/protein balance strong if I want to keep hair on my head:yep:.
THANKS AGGIE. I THINK I'LL SUBSCRIBE SO I DON'T LOSE IT.

2nd update:

I washed with the Mastey Restore Shampoo, deep conditioned with Pantene R&N Mask and then followed with Aphoghee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructor and their Pro-Vitamin Leave in.

My hair felt softer then my last update, but I still haven't reached my goal of 10. I think I will by my next wash.
Oh wow your hair looks like a 10 in your siggy! beautiful

will do! thanks

Hi ladies,
So this morning I pre-poo'd with the RHRT (Roux Hair Repair Treatment) for about 10 minutes with no heat, rinsed and now I'm steaming it up with CB (Conditioning Balm) for 30 minutes. Next step is to rollerset with a leave in moisture mix of Rosemary Tea and Aloe Vera Juice, and Silk Remedy, then Silk Wrap (saran wrap).

Hi ladies,
So this morning I pre-poo'd with the RHRT (Roux Hair Repair Treatment) for about 10 minutes with no heat, rinsed and now I'm steaming it up with CB (Conditioning Balm) for 30 minutes. Next step is to rollerset with a leave in moisture mix of Rosemary Tea and Aloe Vera Juice, and Silk Remedy, then Silk Wrap (saran wrap).

Did you use the GVP conditioning balm? I DCed with that last night for the first time and wasn't THAT impressed. I was so excited because of the reviews (and the price), but it was just OK. I would use it again if I was out of my other products, but my hair just felt OK, nothing special. I kept it in for 1 hour without heat while I worked out.

Did you use the GVP conditioning balm? I DCed with that last night for the first time and wasn't THAT impressed. I was so excited because of the reviews (and the price), but it was just OK. I would use it again if I was out of my other products, but my hair just felt OK, nothing special. I kept it in for 1 hour without heat while I worked out.

Yes it was the GVP. It doesnt do much for slip, which is why I use Aussie Moist Conditioner to detangle. For me the actual moisture benefits are what makes this so wonderful! I've used it with heat and without and I like it both ways.

Yes it was the GVP. It doesnt do much for slip, which is why I use Aussie Moist Conditioner to detangle. For me the actual moisture benefits are what makes this so wonderful! I've used it with heat and without and I like it both ways.

Thanks. I applied my lacio leave in and then braided up to air dry so I couldn't really tell how it worked for me moisture wise, I was definitely going by slip and "softness" factor. I'll give it another try, plus the pj in me purchased that aussie moist and that is on the try list as well lol.

Thanks. I applied my lacio leave in and then braided up to air dry so I couldn't really tell how it worked for me moisture wise, I was definitely going by slip and "softness" factor. I'll give it another try, plus the pj in me purchased that aussie moist and that is on the try list as well lol.

No problem! I love the GVPCB and that Aussie ALWAYS delivers on slippage :lachen:. It was my primary DC until I found GVPCB, DONT SLEEP ON AUSSIE IT WILL PUT YOU IN MOISTURE OVERLOAD ESPECIALLY IF LEFT IN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. Good stuff, though, really good.

I prepoo with AO GPB overnight - rinsed this morning shampooed then left on Kenra MC (few minutes) rinsed followed up with K-PAK Liquid Recon...rollerset..

No problem! I love the GVPCB and that Aussie ALWAYS delivers on slippage :lachen:. It was my primary DC until I found GVPCB, DONT SLEEP ON AUSSIE IT WILL PUT YOU IN MOISTURE OVERLOAD ESPECIALLY IF LEFT IN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. Good stuff, though, really good.

Good to know. I will mix the two next week and see what happens. Probably leave them in for an hour no heat.

Hi ladies,
Ok how did it come out:pullhair:Trying to be patient

:ignore:you know I got issues. I cant buy no more products. You know I'll be running to go get me some aussie :roadrunner:

OMG y'all...:nono:

I think I overdid it. I have been using the Aphogee 2 Minute Treatment 1x a week for the last few weeks. Last night after my DC (with CON Nourishing which has no protein), my hair was shedding and breaking like crazy! :nono: Wet and dry. It was sooo hard to detangle. I never have a problem detangling.

I've never seen anything like it. The strands didn't even look like they normally do. I should have known not to use it so much! I've never done well with protein. I should have used it once a month at most.

So, I have to cut back and correct what I'm assuming is overload. Hope it doesn't take long. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back