PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can have a challenge within a challenge - did you know that the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex has the same ingredients (almost) as Emergencee' (go on and do your thing sister -I have some emergencee' that I bought months ago, it is a wonderful product) - the main protein is Hydrolyzed Collagen..Girl - as far as my family is concerned - I am looney tunie:lachen:....but I don't care!

Look at how you have inspired these sisters (including myself) on this thread and how it has grown - that is all you - with your words of encouragement...
:wasntme: ITS YOU BEAUTIFUL LADIES! Hey thats cool cause I love Duo Tex. I didn't know it had the same active ingredients. Thanks. Yes we need to have a side challenge. I'm wondering if it would be fair to say "no new products" or "use up your products" or "one purchase per month" side challenge. You know I need it:hide:

Oh my heavens this thread blew up! :curtain:

I just took a slight protein break last weekend because I'm doing a henna gloss next weekend...and look what happened! 60 pages and over 13,000 views!! I think we are on to something :lol:
:amen: Yes this is overdue information for some of us and just in time for others. Yawl the best!

Ok ladies it's been a while since I posted in MY thread (lol, Patricia:grin:) Been busy.
Ok so I bought that darn Emergencee and used it last Thursday. My hair shed like a long haired dog from Thursday to Sunday night when I washed and DC again. It could have been three things 1) I didn't prepoo like I usually do since I know my hair loooves this especially when it's cold 2) I only left the Emerg on for about five minutes- now I know I could have left it on longer 3) I did not moisturize like I should have. My hair felt soft after I pooed and condished so apply my two cents worth of moisturizer, roller set my hair and called it a night. Girl, let me tell, my hair was hard like a hard-knocked life. My hair was straight breaking. Oh Emerg would have got kicked to the curb had not Ms. Sqzbly encouraged me to give it a chance and gave a sista some advice on how to use it.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:You have been officially crowned comedian. Glad to see you back. Keep it coming I need to be discouraged on buying new products:lachen::lachen::lachen:I think I'm going to do the 10 step 12 step whatever you call it. I need rehab. no more drugs, i mean products.

I know I'm late...but I want in! The results posted are awesome! I have been stepping up my own protein game lately and my hair is doing much better! I dont know why I ever stopped, I guess the idea of protein overload scared the bejesus outta me, though I have not experienced it personally.

I use megatek almost daily.
When I wash I use Nexxus Diametress (the old bottle) every other wash and nioxin step 3 poo on the other washes.
My leave-ins are aphogee pro-vitamin and a bit of the green tea keratin mist
I alternate between Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Condish and HE LTR after I wash.
The only moisture I put in is when I DC with Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment twice a week.
I also use Alter Ego Garlic Treatment Once a week to counteract the shedding from the MT.
I am on a NO HEAT regimen! I airdry either wrapped in a scarf or out wild and free.

P.S. I am a relaxed head, but my last relaxer was severely underprocessed and I think I love it!

Part 2

Soo...
On Sunday I decided again to conquer this here thing. I prepooed with my Pantene R&N Deep Condish Mask mixed with melted shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil and honey. Left that on for a good 30 minutes. Washed with Joico Clarifying and Chelating poo (:heart2:it), followed it with CON green stuff, Roux porosity control (thanks again Ms. Sqzbly, I was about to put this in my grave yard since it left my hair feeling very tangly and rough but when I looked back on a post from long ago, you advised to use it before DC) and DC with SE Mega Cholesterol.:yay:My hair finally felt worth the money I have put into it. So now I want to encourage us all to listen to you hair and use the right products the right way. Also since protein is our friend I don't think Mr. Protein would mind if we befriended Mr. Moisture and take him out on a date. In other words, ADEQUATELY MOISTURIZE YOUR HAIR! It will thank you for it.
That's all for now.
Oh dang. I thought you was the only one that didn't like emergencee. So glad it worked out. Yes Weese gots tu use moisture.:grin::grin:

I know I'm late...but I want in! The results posted are awesome! I have been stepping up my own protein game lately and my hair is doing much better! I dont know why I ever stopped, I guess the idea of protein overload scared the bejesus outta me, though I have not experienced it personally.

I use megatek almost daily.
When I wash I use Nexxus Diametress (the old bottle) every other wash and nioxin step 3 poo on the other washes.
My leave-ins are aphogee pro-vitamin and a bit of the green tea keratin mist
I alternate between Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Condish and HE LTR after I wash.
The only moisture I put in is when I DC with Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment twice a week.
I also use Alter Ego Garlic Treatment Once a week to counteract the shedding from the MT.
I am on a NO HEAT regimen! I airdry either wrapped in a scarf or out wild and free.

P.S. I am a relaxed head, but my last relaxer was severely underprocessed and I think I love it!
Sure it will be nice for you to join. Welcome. Feel free to join in and share the products that has been working for you. Sounds like you have a good regimine with good products. After we shampoo we rate how our hair feels on a scale of 1-10 and analyze how we can optimize our results. Things seem to be looking up for most of us. We just trying to keep the setbacks to a minimum. :yep:

Thanks Patricia! I am in need of a wash, MT has my hair itching like crazy, but I am being uber lazy :nono: I'll probably DC overnight tomorrow and wash on Wednesday!

Hi Aggie, that sounds great, can't wait to find out how it turns out. I have a question. What is NISIM? I'm thinking about trying a protein poo. Thanks =)

Here's a link to the shampoo and conditioner I am talking about http://www.salonweb.com/fast/ or http://www.nisimhair.com/fast/ - this site has it wayyyy cheaper. I purchase fom this last site.

And here is another detailing what they do http://www.nisim.com/catalog/26 - this site is the mother site and it explains how fast they work. I don't purchase from this site.

This really worked when I was consistent with it's usage. I am so happy to know now that protein is really my friend and so now I am happy to be using them again because of this challenge. Before I was afraid that I would use too much protein and end up with protein-overload, but not anymore:nono:. I cannot wait to see what new results I'll get from this again:yep:.

tonight when i get home i am going to pre poo with coconut milk mixed with honey and castor oil. then i will shampoo and then do a treatment with joico reconstructor. then i will follow up with a moisturizing treatment. my hair has really been on a roll lately. and i have been using protein alot. either as a pre poo and a treatment and my hair is loving it.

So I bought some garlic shampoo yesterday, do y'all think I should got the garlic treatment? Today I will go to Sally (snow or no snow) and get the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex. I want to mix it with my GVP Joico K-Pak. This is my plan for today:

Wash with garlic shampoo and CON (to cover the smell)
Do a protein treatment with my mixture of K-Pak and Duo Tex also add castor oil to this
Final DC with GVP conditioning Balm
Moisturize with Hawaiian silky 14-1

What do y'all think?

So I bought some garlic shampoo yesterday, do y'all think I should got the garlic treatment? Today I will go to Sally (snow or no snow) and get the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex. I want to mix it with my GVP Joico K-Pak. This is my plan for today:

Do a protein treatment with my mixture of K-Pak and Duo Tex also add castor oil to this

What do y'all think?

Hi Friend!

If I may - I don't recommend mixing the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex with the K-Pak - they are both heavy proteins - I would use either on or the other and your follow up is fine with the conditioning balm, etc...

The garlic shampoo should be enough considering you have such good protein condishes. CON is the perfect follow up for this shampoo as it can make your hair tangled and hard...

HTH

Hi Friend!

If I may - I don't recommend mixing the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex with the K-Pak - they are both heavy proteins - I would use either on or the other and your follow up is fine with the conditioning balm, etc...

The garlic shampoo should be enough considering you have such good protein condishes. CON is the perfect follow up for this shampoo as it can make your hair tangled and hard...

HTH

Thanks Sqzbly, I won't mix them then.:grin: So I'll do the Garlic and CON then K-Pak and follow it up with my conditioning balm tonite. I will post after I finish this treatment.:grin:

I'm still shedding even after using Emergencee ... I'm doing another treatment this weekend. The last time i used it was 3 weeks ago.

Hi Ladies!

Just stopping in. I've been away for a little while. Missed you guys! Sadly, I had a loss in my family but we're recovering well. I'd braided my hair up but now I miss my hair and am thinking of taking my braids out. Especially since my Joico K-Pak just arrived. Plus I recently saw a roller set video that has me just itching to try one!! I wanna roller set and silk wrap my natural hair and see what's what. I wanna see if all this henna, joico and th like is making my hair any fuller. lol. This hair stuff is just soooooo fun.

:clapping:
tonight when i get home i am going to pre poo with coconut milk mixed with honey and castor oil. then i will shampoo and then do a treatment with joico reconstructor. then i will follow up with a moisturizing treatment. my hair has really been on a roll lately. and i have been using protein alot. either as a pre poo and a treatment and my hair is loving it.
:clapping:Good to hear

What do y'all think?
Its so many knowlegable ladies on this board. The advice I got was to read the directions on the package. It seems like I should already know that:yep:but I guess not. Anyway GYMFREAK pointed out that joico kpak works in 5 min increments. So it actually stop working after 5 min. If you need more protein treatment after that. Rinse and Reapply again for 5 min,and again, and again.........if needed. The same for DUO tex. It says leave on for 10 min and don't tangle hair. Both are good products. no need to mix them. Let us know how it works out! I know I don't always go by the book but in this case I do go by the directions

Last edited:
I'm still shedding even after using Emergencee ... I'm doing another treatment this weekend. The last time i used it was 3 weeks ago.
My neice has been complaining about shedding more than normal. Have you been wearing a hat outdoors cause the cold air can wreak your hair. How about a weekly treatment? Did the shedding stop after the first treatment? What about a good protein leave in? I've been using aphogee leave in and aphogee green tea reconstructor faithfully after my DC. Are you using any growth aids? sometime it will speed up your growth and also speed up the hairs you shed too! Just a few things to think about

Hi Ladies!

Just stopping in. I've been away for a little while. Missed you guys! Sadly, I had a loss in my family but we're recovering well. I'd braided my hair up but now I miss my hair and am thinking of taking my braids out. Especially since my Joico K-Pak just arrived. Plus I recently saw a roller set video that has me just itching to try one!! I wanna roller set and silk wrap my natural hair and see what's what. I wanna see if all this henna, joico and th like is making my hair any fuller. lol. This hair stuff is just soooooo fun.
Sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Its hard for me to wear braids too! Keep us posted

Hi Marbel, protein does nothing for shedding. It only stops the breakage. Shedding is a normal part of a hair's life cycle. Do a search on shedding. If you feel that you are shedding excessively then you could try a garlic treatment or take garlic supplements.

A lot of ladies swear by coffee or tea rinses, you can do a search on these methods. Just be careful because you do not want protein overload.:yep:

On Saturday night I used my MT/OCT mix and baggied overnight, rinsed out in the morning and DC'd with a sulfate and paraben free hydrating conditioner mixed with honey for about 2 hours. Hair felt like a 7 afterward. this will be a good midweek treatment for me.

Tonight I pre-pood with a garlic oil (garlic infused in sweet almond oil) with heat for 20mins, shampooed with Infusium 23 for color treated hair, followed by Aphogee 2min Keratin reconstructor and baggied for 45mins. I detangled with the Aphogee in and then rinsed out. Moisturised and sealed with JBCO then twisted my hair. I saw less than 10 of my broken curlies in my hands!! I give this a 10!! :drunk:

Will use Motions CPR next and see how that goes. :yep:

Its so many knowlegable ladies on this board. The advice I got was to read the directions on the package. It seems like I should already know that:yep:but I guess not. Anyway GYMFREAK pointed out that joico kpak works in 5 min increments. So it actually stop working after 5 min. If you need more protein treatment after that. Rinse and Reapply again for 5 min,and again, and again.........if needed. The same for DUO tex. It says leave on for 10 min and don't tangle hair. Both are good products. no need to mix them. Let us know how it works out! I know I don't always go by the book but in this case I do go by the directions

I had no clue about the bolded. Thanks Trish

OH YOU WILL BE FINE. THE APHOGEE 2 MIN IS NOT A HARDCORE PROTEIN. YOU KNOW I'M GOING TO BE ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT WAITING ON YOU TO UPDATE US ON HOW THE PRODUCT WORKS FOR YOU.:yep: WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE

I bought the Aphogee 2 min. today & I'm going to Karen's Body Beautiful for the Luscious Locks Hair Mask on Friday. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Ok so I did my protein treatment yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. The amount of breakage I usually get was cut in half yay! The conditioning balm detangled my hair and my ng laid flat on my head (I'm 14 weeks post and have about 2 inches ng).

I'm so happy. So I did the ponytail roller set and it was iffy at best, I'll try it again. So today I'd give my hair an 8, which is good

I would like to join protein is most defo my friend. My regime consists of protein almost daily...

Co-wash daily; moist/protein conditioner alternatively joico 3min recon..
Wash twice a week;
Protein treatments; Nexxus, Joico recon.
Leave-in daily; Joico liquid reconstructor, coconut oil to seal
DC weekly; homemade receipe

My hair is thriving with current regime....

Don't have anything protein related, just wanted to say hi! I was so busy at work yesterday I didn't get to post anything all day, I felt like I was going through withdrawl...:nono:

Just checking in ladies,

I shampooed today with lanza healing strength and deep conditioned with lanza healing strength conditioner for 1 hour. My hair is drying right now but it looks and feels like a 10.....yay for protein!

Last edited:
OT: To all the ladies that have joined the deep conditioning challenge, just a little note I'd like to part with you. The original DC challenge thread is now closed - I have asked the mods to lock it as I have started a new one here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=334771, so if there are any other DC challengers that are a part of this challenge, besides Patricia and myself, please post in the link included here. Thanks ladies.

Now on to my protein update: I have been applying MT to my scalp and hair nightly and washing out the following morning. My hair has virtually no breakage. MT is most definately the truth as an overnight pre-poo. I follow up with a moisturizing DC with every wash. I have to keep the moisture/protein balance strong if I want to keep hair on my head:yep:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back