PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

Check with your doctor first. You really may not need it. When I was pregnant my nails and hair grew like wild weeds, and I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

What /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Back up you're what!!! Pregnant!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Congratulations Girl /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
elliot said:

You and Leshia have just made my day with this thread. /images/graemlins/smile.gif You KNOW if I get some follicular action I'm going to let ya'll know. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to know Elliot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Amethyst said:
Yeah but you'll have a beautiful head of hair. You can sell it to recoup the costs

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="red">Diva you are a trip and a half girl!</font> You've got me thinking though /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif BTW, those Profectiv Creams are off the hook! I have the megagrowth and will get the Roothealth soon. Did you purchase the MSM Flakes from the company there in London? If so, how is it? Also, I can't wait for you to post your results about the PPB. I'll bet my last $ that you'll be :clapping: too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amethyst

I'm glad you're loving the profectiv range so far. Depending on how I wear my hair I've found a use for all of them, except the pink tub at the moment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Amethyst I still haven't ordered yet no, because I'm still taking the powdered MSM from Higher Nature at the moment. It's 100g, so when that's done I'm going to be ordering. Almond_Delight maybe starting that sooner than me as I'm going to be passing some MSM info her way today and we are trying to sort out a PERFECT vitamin regimen for her. I ordered 30 bottles of PPB last night. 15 for her and 15 for me /images/graemlins/clap.gif That should last us a good 10 months approximately and have bangin hair for when we go to NYC in December /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Amethyst I told AD to ask you about MSM seeing as you are the MSM &amp; Silica guru /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif and you can advise to the best of your ability if need be. I'll dig up as much info about it as I can for her. Hope you don't mind me going that route, but I told her that when it comes to hair info and supplements etc I hold you, Allandra and Jade in high regard.

When I order the MSM, which I may do on Monday, so I have it ready when I'm done with this stuff I WILL LET YOU KNOW. And that's a promise. Girl I think the words Amethyst when I reach for that MSM bottle anyway, how could I possibly forget.

Ok, Amethyst....I looked in the mirror today and I noticed that I am experiencing sideburn growth. Didn't know that this was going to happen. Did that happen to you? Anyone else? Looks like I will be waxing because it is going down the side of my face.

I received my Puritan's Pride shipment yesterday.
I bought 9 bottles of PP Biotin. Started taking it
yesterday. Will take 5 pills (5,000mcg or 5mg)
a day.

Can't wait to start feeling the bristling, Itching, Follicular Action!!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, Puritan Pride (www.puritanspride.com) has a BUY ONE, GET TWO FREE
sale right now on almost everything. You can get your Biotin for $2.32 a bottle!!!! [That's for 100 pills/1,000mcg per pill]

Feel free to stock up, the Biotin bottles I received don't expire until Sept. 2005!!
Sale is until May something.

BTW, I also bought the PP 90% Protein Powder and this might be a keeper. Incredibly cheap (buy 1, get 2 = $4.65 per 16oz. can). Now that is CHEAP for protein powder (17grams soy protein per scoop).
I may have to buy a few more cans of this protein powder to last me a year.

Can't beat the prices at Puritan's Pride!!!

Thanks, Jade21 for the heads up!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Note: I also recently purchased the Country Life 5mg Biotin. I don't want it to go to waste so I will be alternating CL Biotin with PP Biotin (every other day) until it's gone.

I just received my order, lemme tell ya, i tore open dat box and took em biotin (2) rite away /images/graemlins/grin.gif ill take tha other 3 with dinner /images/graemlins/lick.gif
cant wait to feel the itching feeling /images/graemlins/laugh.gif......

I did the same thing when I got mine.. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Looking like a crackhead, trying to get a fix. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I order the MSM, which I may do on Monday, so I have it ready when I'm done with this stuff I WILL LET YOU KNOW. And that's a promise. Girl I think the words Amethyst when I reach for that MSM bottle anyway, how could I possibly forget.

[/ QUOTE ]

LondonDivayou've got me blushing twice over /images/graemlins/blush.gif What a sweet thing to say. Thanks for the compliment. Anytime Almond Delight wants to ask me questions about msm and silica she can PM me or post a thread. I'll answer the best way I know how /images/graemlins/smile.gif I can't wait for one of you to post about that brand msm. When I read how the man had burns on his arms and how the msm cleared the scar formation up, I was like /images/graemlins/shocked.gif All I can say is that is one powerful brand of the supplement.

CurlyCrly- Not only is hair on my hair growing, but practically all over my body. Gillette shaving cream and razors see a whole lot of me! It seems like nothing worthwhile comes without a price. Well if this is the price we have to pay, so be it... I'm just real happy we are both elated about our rate of hair growth /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlkMane and NYC- Please be sure to post your results. I want yall to join in too regarding all the hoopla over PPB /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm gonna order the Freedmans as well and post my results also. And BlkMane, thanks again for turning me on to those D.R. products. Like you've said, as far as products are concerned, I've found my "holy grail" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I did the same thing when I got mine..
Looking like a crackhead, trying to get a fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've been so busy admiring &amp; pampering my "new nails" that I completely ignored the new growth on my head. Week 10...2 more weeks to go.

I've been so busy admiring &amp; pampering my "new nails" that I completely ignored the new growth on my head. Week 10...2 more weeks to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crysdon you're not kidding when you say how nice they make the nails become /images/graemlins/smile.gif When you say that you remind me of my mother because she has beautiful hands and nails. Nails and hands have always being her forte. My mom says she takes enough supplements so she doesn't take the PPB, but I bet if she did she'd be like you- noticing how beautiful her nails are and looking at the growth secondly.

CurlyCrly said:
I've seen some people say that they are experiencing the "sensation" on the top of their head or crown area. Is anyone else feeling this all over? I get it on the top, sides, back, edges...every doggone where. I may be in the looney bin, but I'll have long hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya need to be locked up....stirring up my PJ tendencies!!!! Elliot, darrrnnnnnn youuuuuuu!!!!! *raising fist in air** /images/graemlins/mad.gif I ordered the PPB yesterday....are you suggesting to take 5 capsules per day??? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Crysdon said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You guys are SO bad for my HUSBAND'S wallet.

Amethyst said:
I did the same thing when I got mine..

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*just staring* Why the heck did ya'll wait so freaken long to tell me about this stuff!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

chollis718 said:
Hey Ladies where can I buy the PP. Oh I forgot im pregnant can I still try it. Do you think it would be safe? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!!!! Let me know if it's safe to take the biotin while you're pregnant, I've been curious about that although not conceiving another crazy anytime soon. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BlkMane said:
BTW, I also bought the PP 90% Protein Powder and this might be a keeper. Incredibly cheap (buy 1, get 2 = $4.65 per 16oz. can). Now that is CHEAP for protein powder (17grams soy protein per scoop).
I may have to buy a few more cans of this protein powder to last me a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blkmane, how many grams of protein will you be consuming from your protein powder per day?

Great y'all have no given me another excuse to spend money!!! I have been taking the GNC Biotin 300, it's 300mcgs (I take 2 a day).
I love this board!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In reply to:
I did the same thing when I got mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess there are three crackheads then in this thread! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="red">Guess what the PP Biotin is on sale!!! Buy 1 get 2 free!! $6.95 for 3 bottles 1000 mcg/100 Tablets!!!

I'm yo pusha! /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

Chollis congratulations on your pregnancy/images/graemlins/bouncy.gif Even though the b-vitamins are water soluble, I still say you should consult your physician. Show your doctor your supplement program and they can take it from there.

Leshia Oops. I thought you knew. Once you take this brand, whatever other brand you were taking you are going to kick to the curb. They are that awesome girl!

kenesha- I have to giggle at what you said because we have a whole lot of pushers on this forum then. all someone has to do is recommend a great supplement to me, and off I go feignin'. Running out to go get my hit.

BlkMane said:
In reply to:
I did the same thing when I got mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess there are three crackheads then in this thread! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that four crackheads! I gotta get my biotin fix. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Well, I haven't ordered any supplements/vitamins from Puritan Pride. However, I did order their catalog. I also saw a PP commercial on television today. I was like /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Leshia said:
CurlyCrly said:
I've seen some people say that they are experiencing the "sensation" on the top of their head or crown area. Is anyone else feeling this all over? I get it on the top, sides, back, edges...every doggone where. I may be in the looney bin, but I'll have long hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya need to be locked up....stirring up my PJ tendencies!!!! Elliot, darrrnnnnnn youuuuuuu!!!!! *raising fist in air** /images/graemlins/mad.gif I ordered the PPB yesterday....are you suggesting to take 5 capsules per day??? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I took 5 of the 1000 mcg per day because I read that others were doing it, so I said...why not? lol They're so small that I can take 2 or 3 at a time.

Leshia,

It sounds like everyone is taking at least 5mcg daily. At noted by CurlyCrly, the pills are very small--much smaller than those darn amino fuel pills. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

CC-what vitamins are you taking?
Leshia--can a sista get the B-5 brand?

Elliot

elliot said:

Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

Twinlab.. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

Leshia said:
elliot said:

Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

Twinlab.. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ladies, these are on sale at GNC for $2.99 right now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt!!! Thanks for letting me know because I seriously need some of that!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

elliot said:
Leshia,

CC-what vitamins are you taking?
Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

Elliot,

<font color="green"> I am currently everything below, but that will change after this month. I won't be taking everything I've listed.</font>

I started these on Feb 28th:
Puritan's Pride Evening Primrose Oil - 1500 mg
Puritan's Pride MSM - 3000 mg
Puritan's Pride Flaxseed &amp; Cod Liver Oil - 500 mg
Puritan's Pride Biotin - 5 mg

Before I started taking the above, I was taking:
One-a-day Women's Multivitamin
B-Complex - 50 mg
Vitamin E - 400 IU
Calcium 600 mg
KAL Silica Plus

CC- It looks like we are taking the same vitamins. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't know about you, but I am starting to feel alittle overwhelmed by all the vitamins. I need to decide whats most important for me to be taking right now. I think I am going to give up on the vitamin e and evening primrose...I dont know. Plus, I recently added amino fuel to the mix--I blame this on Leshia cause she said it was working for her. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia-Thanks for the information on B-5. Hopefully my face will glow soon! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Armyqt-Thanks for the GNC hookup. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back