Potential Date Vent - Ugh! Asking Me Out via Text!!

I'm not sure in what world being silent gives across the exact message you want to give... Oh wait, I do know... In the Rules book. I stopped following those rigidly when I realized that trying to implement a formula that most guys don't know about is getting me nowhere.
I got asked out via text last night... Granted, for a 3rd date, but still. I didn't like it, so I jokingly texted back something about what a weird way to ask someone out on a date... He was like, oh I'm sorry, I'm still at work yada yada, and I was like oh okay, great, yeah call me later to ask :) I DO wanna go out with him, which I will do, and I want him to know my preference. Now he knows, plainly and clearly, and we are all set. No frustration on my part, etc. He called later in the evening, jokingly apologized, but now he knows the deal.

Most guys interpret silence as disinterest. If that's your deal, then success. If it isn't, try verbally expressing yourself. Nicely. And get what you want and move on.

Exactly. Men aren't mind readers and a lot of them don't know how to properly approach women because they lacked/lack good examples in their life. I learned from experience that when a man likes a woman, and thinks she is worth it, he will adjust his behavior for her. All you have to do is let him know frankly but respectfully.

I used to be bothered by this until I realized that I NEVER call anyone anymore. I am a texting fool. I would have just texted him back to call me. Maybe he didn't want to stutter all over the phone. LOL Anyway, stick by your standards, that's all that matters.

Back