Poll: What should I do with my hair...??

What do YOU think I should do with my hair??

• Go for a cute cut...maybe shoulder length

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Spice it up by coloring it

Votes: 55 47.0%
  • Texturize/relax it and wear it straight more

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Take a break AND switch it up with extensions, i.e. kinky twists

Votes: 51 43.6%
  • (add your own suggestion!) ;)

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay...I have some questions about sew-ins since so many of you ladies have recommended them:

1. Won't my head be SUPER HOT with all my regular hair AND weave on top of it?

2. Won't my head be SUPER BIG with all my regular hair AND weave on top of it? LOL

I would advise against bangs on natural hair that is meant to be straight in the humid summer of the south... My bangs would go boom before i walked out the door and bee too short when natural... contemplate that one... now a layered cut will give you a different look straight and a great shape for wash and gos and braid outs

Okay...I have some questions about sew-ins since so many of you ladies have recommended them:

1. Won't my head be SUPER HOT with all my regular hair AND weave on top of it?

2. Won't my head be SUPER BIG with all my regular hair AND weave on top of it? LOL

1.) During the summer...perhaps...depends on how much you sweat in your head. i personally don't do weaves in summer for this very reason.
2.) If your stylist is talented, it shouldn't be at all. She would choose a braid pattern designed to disguise all that hair-she'd probably use the circular one.

It seems your issue is styling. I don't think color will change this because you'll still be wearing your hair the same.

After 6 years of being natural, I was in a similar situation. I didn't want to cut it,despite knowing that when my hair was a bit shorter I had an array of options. My hair was waistlenth during this dilemma and everyone was like 'don't cut it' and I didn't,but what did I do? I got a relaxar to hold on to my length. To make a long story short, I ended up cutting my hair off anyway, the exact thing I was against doing when natural.
Zz, I really believe a nice cut will do you well. What's the point of having long hair if you're not enjoying it? I would consider cutting it no more than shoulder blade length.

1. Won't my head be SUPER HOT with all my regular hair AND weave on top of it? Not necissarily... if you get good human hair then you can co-wash 2-3 times a week (or more)

2. Won't my head be SUPER BIG with all my regular hair AND weave on top of it? Nope, if your stylist is good your hair will be super flat. I just did a sew-in this wknd 1. b/c I was bored w/ my hair 2. to give my hair a break 3. b/c I work out and it's easier... and mine came out really flat :yep:

It seems your issue is styling. I don't think color will change this because you'll still be wearing your hair the same.

After 6 years of being natural, I was in a similar situation. I didn't want to cut it,despite knowing that when my hair was a bit shorter I had an array of options. My hair was waistlenth during this dilemma and everyone was like 'don't cut it' and I didn't,but what did I do? I got a relaxar to hold on to my length. To make a long story short, I ended up cutting my hair off anyway, the exact thing I was against doing when natural.
Zz, I really believe a nice cut will do you well. What's the point of having long hair if you're not enjoying it? I would consider cutting it no more than shoulder blade length.

I'm glad you came through and commented cuz I was gonna pm you and ask ur opinion cuz I know u can relate ;)

^Any pics...? :look:

I had a sew in once a looooong time ago. People couldn't stop staring at me when I took the weave out and went to work the next day because my hair was THIN, broken off, and neck length--the shortest it had ever been. It never looked like that in my entire life. I wish I had pics to show how bad it was.

Anyway, I think she had sewn it in too tight, plus I didn't know how to take care of my hair while wearing a sew in so it wasn't receiving moisture on top of all of the stress of the weave.

^Any pics...? :look:

I had a sew in once a looooong time ago. People couldn't stop staring at me when I took the weave out and went to work the next day because my hair was THIN, broken off, and neck length--the shortest it had ever been. It never looked like that in my entire life. I wish I had pics to show how bad it was.

Anyway, I think she had sewn it in too tight, plus I didn't know how to take care of my hair while wearing a sew in so it wasn't receiving moisture on top of all of the stress of the weave.

I'll take some tonight :yep:

Yeah, when I wore sew-ins years ago it broke my hair off horribly, one of the reasons why I sought boards such as LHCF... but if you take care of your hair underneath then that shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to wash 1-2x a week w/ an applicator bottle to make sure my hair underneath is being cleanses as well... I'm also going to use the bottle to distribute moisturizer to my braids... Also I don't plan on wearing the sew-in longer than 6-8 wks max

I'll take some tonight :yep:

Yeah, when I wore sew-ins years ago it broke my hair off horribly, one of the reasons why I sought boards such as LHCF... but if you take care of your hair underneath then that shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to wash 1-2x a week w/ an applicator bottle to make sure my hair underneath is being cleanses as well... I'm also going to use the bottle to distribute moisturizer to my braids... Also I don't plan on wearing the sew-in longer than 6-8 wks max

I didn't forget bout your pics :grin::look: I wanna see :yep::drunk:

TI say get a sew-in! It's so versatile. Don't cut you hair too short if you decide to go that route. But with extentions you can try all your suggestions from the poll without making anything permanent...

get some highlights or a really cute sew in. After a week or two of your all put away you will miss it and will be gald you didn't cut it after all

Back