• ONCE A MONTH

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • LESS THAN ONCE A MONTH

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmileyNY

HOW OFTEN DO YOU DETANGLE?

I'm new to the practice of taking extra special care of my hair and I'm having a hard time figuring out how often I should detangle.

On one hand, I hear the more you manipulate your hair, the more opportunities there are for breakage :ohwell:

...Yet on the other hand I hear that waiting too long to detangle can lead to knots, which lead to breakage :perplexed

ETA: Thank you everyone! I appreciate your feedback and votes!! Keep em coming :)

Last edited:
I voted once month but let my clarify: I do a full detangle in sections with a comb once a month. I finger comb my hair as needed. Usually once a week.

I detangle once a week. I detangle with conditioner & oil on dry hair, and I detangle when my hair is loaded w/ conditioner and avocado oil before my steam treatment.

I have been keeping my hair in cornrows for a month at a time. I only cleanse my loose hair at that time. And detangle then

by detangle, do you mean comb?

By detangle I mean to make your head of hair completely tangle free. The method is open, but most would use a wide tooth comb to do so. Some may use a brush. I can't imagine being able to truly detangle a head hair using fingers, but some may do that as well.

I detangle once a week on my wash days with my hair slathered in conditioner. On my co-wash days I finger comb. It's not nearly as thorough as my "proper" detangling session, but this combo keeps tangles and knots at bay.

Once a week, or 2 two times a month or so.

I usually wear protective styles for 1-3 weeks at a time and whenever I take the style down I will detangle my hair.

I wide tooth comb my hair every week, usually during my shampoo & deep conditioning session. I denman brush my hair maybe twice a month when I'm preparing my hair for a protective style (twists) or my hair feels really tangled.

I either finger detangle or wide comb lightly detangle (not touching the roots) 1x weekly and do a good detangling (roots included) with my tangle teezer on wash day.

Back