How often do you detangle between washes?

How often?

• I detangle every day.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Once a week.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Twice a week.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Three or more times a week.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I do not detangle apart from wash day(s).

Votes: 76 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i don't i only detangle on wash day after, shampooing and condtioning...apply leave-in and use my shower comb on sectioned hair. my weekly style of choice is a twistout.

I wash once a week and only detangle on that day. I tried going a month w/o detangling several times and had set backs. Never again.

Sent from a land where women rule.....

I detangle when I take my twists down to redo, which is once every 2-3 weeks. If I'm in a bun, I detangle on wash days, which is 2x/week. I tried taking my hair out of the ponytail (to prevent breakage) and twisting the hair nightly while bunning, but I felt like this was unnecessary manipulation and I was losing more hair than I'd like.

I will say though, that when I leave my twists in for 3 weeks, A LOT of hair comes out. I mean, I know it's been 21 days, but I really have to practice my deep breathing :ohwell:.

I detangle (with a detangling comb) every 5-6 days when I wash and condition my hair. In between those days, I just moisturize.

I cowash daily, shampoo 2x a week, and I detangle every day. The only time I don't detangle is if I'm going for 2nd day hair which would either be a bun/pony or a wash and go (rare! lol I can't really get 2nd day hair with a wash and go).

I detangle with a comb on wash days which are once a week. I tried detangling my hair with my fingers before going over it with a comb, but it took too long. Now I just detangle in small sections. I would see having to detangle more often if the hair was worn in different styles throughout the week, but I usually wear twistouts which lasts me a whole week.

After detangling on wash day, my hair pretty much stays detangled, but I restyle my twists every 2-3 days-there are no tangles, but I still run the comb thur each section that I am retwisting. When I did flat iron, I only had to detangle on wash day (I didn't get any tangles to remove), then I would finger style my hair after removing my hair rollers/curlers.

I selected 1x a wk. I detangle as I wash or after I dc (every 2 wks). Sometimes I'll rinse after a wk and quickly detangle while in the shower and then add more oil.

I must be the odd ball because I detangle almost everyday. I usually wear my hair in a wet slicked back pony so I typically run my denman through my hair with conditioner in it.

I cowash pretty much daily and use my wide tooth hercules sagemann. I wash once per week and only detangle with my denman brush while I dc.

For the last 3 months I've been finger detangling only. No combs, no brush. I cowash a few time a week and DC every weekend...but I usually do that in braids. The braids come out maybe every 2 weeks at most and that's when I finger detangle. So far, so good. I also pull shed hairs from the end of my braids regularly.

I detangle my hair on wash days. I don't even brush or comb my hair during the week. It usually stays in the style until I wash it next.

I don't detangle between washes, but I completely detangle every time I co-wash, which is 2 or 3x per week.

Last edited:
detangle only on wash day. i have minimal breakage when my hair is coated with conditioner and oil and i only do that prepoo on wash day.

I used to detangle the night before the wash but found I was getting more knots so I've been doing it mid-week as well and I think it's helping. Twice a week for me.

I only detangle on wash days and I currently wash my hair about once a week (maybe every 4-5 days when the weather is warm).

I don't usually detangle between washes but if I do I just spray some Johnson's detangler all over my hair and have at it lol. I wash every day or every other day and that's usually when I brush/comb/detangle? my hair.

I protective style with yarn braids... so my detangling would be every time I take out my braids so that is about every two months. I wash weekly or biweekly though. When my hair is out, I detangle depending on the style I want, but usually weekly.

I usually only detangle on poo days which is around once every 2 weeks. In between I co-wash and I usually finger detangle.

I usually only comb my hair to detangle. Since I usually wash my hair once a week there is no need to detangle. But when wash day becomes extended to every two weeks, at the mid-point I will still go though my post-wash routine which includes thoroughly detangling all the tangles out.

Back