Poll: Are you Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, or Transitioning?

What state is your hair currently in?

• Total voters
I am relaxed I tried transtioning but it doesn't work for me when. It feels like I can't do my hair anyway without it being straight because its so short.

Relaxed (about 3 weeks post), but seriously considering transitioning.:woot: I *adore* curly natural hair, and I feel like natural hair is so versatile. I'm jealous of you chicas that can do a wash & go!

I voted transitioning, but I am not really sure if I am or not. I am a few days shy of being 20 weeks post relaxer, and am too through with stylists.
I've only had 3 relaxers since my leaving nappturality behind, and they've ALL brought me one step closer to being bald.

For now, I am transitioning, until I can make up my mind on going natural again, or until I find a stylist that is worth having me sit in her chair

Relaxed now but was natural for 4 years. Wish i would of found this forum during that time because I had no clue how to care for my natural hair. I love my decision to be relaxed and am eager to see how long my hair will grow!!!

I'm transitioning. Also surprised to see that 61% of the Board (those who voted) are either natural or transitioning. Wow.

I'm texturised with a texturiser (S-Curl Regular, lye texturiser). Yes I'm from England, hence the spelling. :lol:

Sadly I am relaxed. The only reason I am kinda sad was because last December I did BC and I was doing good. For now I'm gonna stick with the realxer and see how long I can grow my hair with it. Then I might begin to transition. Also..I'm a newbie so this whole texlaxed process is very new to me...what is it!?!:ohwell:

Texlaxed with Phyto and I couldn't be happier. I've only got about 5 or 6 inches of truly texlaxed hair while the rest is almost bone straight but I look foward to being fully texlaxed sometime next year. For me texlaxing is the best of both worlds, I can wear curly wash and go's with very little work and can also easily rollerset my hair or wear straight styles. Also my texlaxed portions are considerably stronger and in better shape then my straight relaxed ends. I finally found the right combo of products and toolss for detangling, wash and go's, rollersets, etc. and my transition to being fully texlaxed is now truly enjoyable.

can someone tell me what do you do to your hair when you are texlaxed? i am new with this healthy hair? Also what issurge and where can you find it

I'm all natural, at last:D . I cut off the last strands of relaxed hair about two weeks ago, now that my hair has reached a reasonable length to do stuff with (e.g. twists, flat twists, bantu knots,...etc). I feel so good about it. I had alot of negative feedback:confused: , especially from black people, even random people on the street, people from work, and even some family members. It was hard having to justify myself for something that's NATURAL:perplexed , it's who I am, it's my REAL texture! I remember applyng for a job as a receptionist, and the person who was taking the interview (a white woman) just kept staring at my hair, she was litteraly horrified:eek:. A black woman at my job made it a habit to ask me why I didn't just relax my hair every single time she saw me, she even made comments about my slow growth (considering I've been natural for about a year now). What she of course did not realise (she knows little about afro textured hair, her hair is relaxed and thin/damaged as hell) is that afro textured hair can shrink down to about 80% (especially mine) which makes it extra hard for me to make a big (!!!) bun. But after cutting off the last strands of relaxed hair, I've been wearing my hair "up" now, meaning I just let it loose after a twistout or bantu knots-out, and now she's stopped with the comments:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny thing is: she's now wearing a curled up weave that's the same length as my natural hair;)

Sorry for the long story y'all, but going natural is one of the best decisions I made last year:) I absolutely do not regret it.

good thread!it should not be controversial at all!
i was wondering about the demographics myself!
i love the fact that this board is so diverse
it makes the convos more interesting!
i thought there were more permies -where ya'll at?
but i am excited to learn that the nappies are reppin! :D

I'm texlaxed. I must be, because no one ever believes me when I tell them I relax my hair, plus when it's airdried looks quite natural.

London diva,
Your braids are absolutely gorgeous!
I'm going to use your hair as a bench mark for how i want my braids to look like when I get them done in about 2 weeks.

Absolutely lovely!

GoingNatural said:
i previously polled as transitioning, but now i'm natural!!!!

YAY for me lol

I posted I was natural a while back. But over the summer I realized I still had some straight ends in the back crown. I trimmed everything that wouldn't curl or fro sans product. But later, I discovered the ends when I applied product for a wash-n go. Ah well, I am a professional transitioner.

Back