2014: Are you relaxed, natural or transitioning?

Relaxed, natural, or transitioning?

• None of the above (bald, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow I would have thought we were evenly mixed as relaxed and natural.

When I first joined this board in 2006 (I think), I would say more members were relaxed/texlaxed. I started to get the feeling that it has changed and most are natural. That said, while not a scientific survey, I am not surprised to see most members are natural now.

Last edited:
Wow I would have thought we were evenly mixed as relaxed and natural.

Nope! Board is mostly natural.

We've been hoping for a relaxed forum for a while, but probably won't happen.

Still hope it does though! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

I'm natural as are most of my friends. We all were relaxed in high school and transitioned in college.

Fully natural; exactly 25 months post relaxer. The plan was to grow my natural hair for 2 years, and relax again. But after all the pain, and tears learning how to care for this 4b hair, i sure want to enjoy all the versatility of it. So i am holding off the relaxing plans until further notice.

I plan to transition...although I'm only 6 weeks post lol.

Basically, if i can go the rest of the year without relaxers, i'll cut off my relaxed hair and just hide under a weave until i have a solid 7-8 inches of hair all over so that when i get blowouts, i'm armpit length or full CBL.

but otherwise, i'm relaxed. i respect those that transition with 4z hair for years and years but it's legit not for everyone.

I'm transitioning
It's honestly one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life :nono:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks for this thread OP. It proves what I've known for some time.

We really need a relaxed hair subforum. This is why relaxed threads keep getting lost.

I'm relaxed and hennaed. I relax every 20 weeks or so. I guess I like reading all of the topics cause I'm perpetually transitioning. I like relaxing because of the manageability and I like to wear straight styles without going into WW3 with my hair. I still do natural styles like Bantu knots. I guess I could stop relaxing but I really like the versatility of relaxed hair. I would support a relaxed sub forum.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I relaxed my hair in August 2013 after being natural for a few years. I'm SO happy that I relaxed. I feel so free now.
Having natural hair was fun and new in the beginning, but as my hair grew much longer, it became kind of irritating at times. I had to schedule everything around my hair, and that was annoying.

I'm glad that I allowed myself to experience my natural hair. It is beautiful. But my relaxed hair is beautiful too. I like that I can just get up and go now, and not worry about what I'm going to do with my hair...and if it will be dry.:lol:

Nope! Board is mostly natural.

We've been hoping for a relaxed forum for a while, but probably won't happen.

Still hope it does though! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

I remember back in the day when the naturals were begging for a board of their own!

I'm happily a curly natural.

Last relaxer dec 11, but chop mar 14

Back