Please Post the Best Detangler Ever

Nice

Hey Ladies,

I am trying to stretch my relaxer to 12 weeks and I want to know, and I currently have a major problem with my hair tangling. I was wondering what the best products are for detangling when stretching out a relaxer.

TIA :)

Hey girl...I'm sure some will beg to differ...
but I've only known Pantene Light Conditioning Detangler in my world.
Cheap..and effective...smells good.

*tips out of thread*

For me I like Daily Defense Tender Apple conditioner. Detangles like no ones business. But mind you I apply my conditioners on wet hair, not toweled dried hair.

@Mona- I probably will purchase this and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip :)

@Shatani- I have some Salerm 21 so maybe I will also give this a try :)

IMO, detangling starts b4 entering the shower.

Shampoos:
Motions Kids Shampoo*
Creme of Nature (yellow top)
Keracare Detangling

Conditioner:
Keracare Humecto

Leave-in:
Kids Organics Shea Butter Leave-in
Cornrow Kids detangler spray
Pantene Lite detangling spray
Keracare Leave-in*

*i washed my daughter's thick natural hair this morning W/O combing first (she got it wet) and i will tell you NOTHING... absolutely NOTHING detangled her hair as much as these 2 products. After the shampoo, her hair was butter! The comb glided, literally, rite thru it (NO TEARS @ ALL). i used the leave-in as well and that left a nice "coating" on her hair.

Thanks for the tip CH ;) . You know I have some Keracare in my "collection". I haven't used the leave-in awhile though.

i dont use it anymore b/c it's too thick for my hair but for some reason (im not sure if it was just the shampoo or what) her hair is literally SILKY SMOOTH. i actually am looking forward to maxigliding it later on.

Try Biolage detangling solution. For a leave in Rasta products mango n lime leave in conditioner.

At first, it was Motions Nourish leave-in Conditioner...

...Now it is just plain WATER! :yay: I use a spray bottle to soak my hair with water in order to detangle it. Hair does not detangle well when it's dry/damp... especially since I'm transitioning and have a lot of new growth. ;)

For deep conditioning, I use LeKair Cholesterol Plus with Hot 6 Oil and before I let it sit on my hair, I also detangle my hair at that time as well. :yep:

MonaLisa said:
Hey girl...I'm sure some will beg to differ...
but I've only known Pantene Light Conditioning Detangler in my world.
Cheap..and effective...smells good.

*tips out of thread*

I must agree with u on this one, MonaLisa. This is pretty much the best detangler Ive found. *Reminding myself to restock, I forgot all about this staple!*

Pantene Light Detangling. I picked it up last week after reading raves in another thread. Instant staple. I'm amazed at how great this stuff is. The fact that it's cheap is a bonus.

Shatani said:
for me its salerm 21...hands down, best ever!

I like The Detangler by Paul Mitchell, I just realized salerm is great also for a detangler, I had no clue

Wow, looks like I'm flying solo on this one...I love the NTM Daily Deep for detangling. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a detangler but...it works for me until I find an actual detangler that works, most don't.

Oh, by the way, I introduced my mom to the DDC yesterday....another satisified customer! In fact, had to buy a new bottle cause my other one was confiscated yesterday!

***Following Mona....Hey!! Wait up!***

Ps. Can someone help me?!! Where in the world can I buy the Salerm 21? I've looked everywhere!! Ya'll got me salivating over this one....:lick:

Last edited by a moderator:
LaNecia said:
Wow, looks like I'm flying solo on this one...I love the NTM Daily Deep for detangling. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a detangler but...it works for me until I find an actual detangler that works, most don't.

Oh, by the way, I introduced my mom to the DDC yesterday....another satisified customer! In fact, had to buy a new bottle cause my other one was confiscated yesterday!

Ps. Can someone help me?!! Where in the world can I buy the Salerm 21? I've looked everywhere!! Ya'll got me salivating over this one....:lick:

www.sickbay.biz and eBay sells it as far as I know.

Well I used to love PM The detangler for detagling (gives great slip) but my new detangling love is Daily Defense Tender Apple I use it as a final rinse when I wash and my comb just slips through my hair plus it only cost .99 to 1.50 can't beat that price :)

LaNecia said:

U R Funny Ms. Lady! LOL....and u need to meet up with some NTM Leave In...killing yourself trying to find some Salerm...:look:

Anyhoo! Glad we have another NTM'er (including mommy) on board!

Hi Nice....
Sometimes ya just gotta go back to basics. My momma used Clairol Hair So New ever since I could probably talk. I still use it to this day, and will never change unless they stop making it!!!!!! :lol:

LaNecia said:

I also use NTM DDC as a detangler.

I'm at 11 weeks post relaxer (4a/b) and Garnier Fructis 3 min masque is doing a great job detangling for me.

LaNecia said:

I like this too. I rinsed it out in the shower and used my jilbere and detangled. I didn't have to use my usual one after that.

Well,
I don't have a relaxer, but as a sister with EXTREMELY tightly curled natural hair I absolutely HAVE to have a good detangling conditioner. I use Pantene relaxed and natural, and it is the BEST that I've ever used. Daily Defense doesn't even come close for me in terms of how soft my hair is after rinsing.

Infusium 23 Leave-In, which I've used for at least the past 9 years. I also use NTM Silk-Touch Leave-In...the both of them really help my hair.

Back