Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Eisani, do you remember off hand the website you posted a while back with the conditioner base?
It was either texasnaturalsupply.com or camdengrey.com
:look:Um Eisani and BostonMaria are you ladies creating your own line of fragance and hair care?????

Are you kidding me? We'd never sell anything because we would be our biggest customers!! :lachen:

I have been interested in making my own stuff for months now. I make stuff for myself and my family. I got tired of waiting 2-3 weeks for my products only to use it up in a few days :perplexed So I've been reading up on the ingredients on most of the products I like and what I found is that it really isn't that hard to recreate. I have 4 gallons :spinning: of conditioner base coming in today and I'm going to make a DC, a leave-in conditioner, and a spritz. With the butters coming in I'm going to make a hair butter. I bought an e-book and its helping me recreate most of the things I like.

I've been doing this since last September and what I find is that its hard for me to buy other people's products because I find it more appealing to make my own stuff. :drunk: Here's the YT site that's helping me http://www.youtube.com/user/ReviveUK
BM's first two sentences summed things up quite nicely :laugh: Actually, I've been making my own shampoos, conditioners, rinses, scalp oils and body butters off and on for 2 years now. I sell to local people I know, but that's it. I'm not interested in opening an online store or anything.

:giggle: I really want to buy something. I just don't know what.

Tell me more about this almond glaze.

I have been using it for twists. I think for me it helps to hold the moisture in as well as impart some moisture as well because when I use it I don't have to moisturize my hair for like 2-3days. ITA it doesn't cause build up and "sets" the hair with out being a gel (I'm not a fan of gel).

Ltown I got you package today. I'm going to try and make it to the post office before it closes and/or starts snowing. I'm not leaving the house until Friday if the snow is as bad as they are predicting (12-24inches).

i love almond glaze and burnt sugar pomade also. if i had to choose id go with burnt sugar because it has better ingredients to me.
kbb hair butter kind of reminds me of almond glaze too.

:giggle: I really want to buy something. I just don't know what.

Tell me more about this almond glaze.

Love it! I use it as good old hair grease. I have a really deep stash of almond glaze and vatika frosting. I'm probably good for a few years with both of them :look:.

Ladies are we curtailing our spending as much as possible, hmmm!? ;)

I am. I bought the DRC - 28 for $59. I have dropped more on that on hair products and not blinked an eye. I feel so bad for spending that much, so that joint is going back and I am buying something cheaper.

No WTF is up with this . why is it $140 on sale?

I am. I bought the DRC - 28 for $59. I have dropped more on that on hair products and not blinked an eye.

I want this product. But I have so many protein treatments (& reconstructors), it will have to wait. Maybe 2011:perplexed

A "Poster" was suppose to send me a Sample, but I've never received it.....:look:

I am. I bought the DRC - 28 for $59. I have dropped more on that on hair products and not blinked an eye. I feel so bad for spending that much, so that joint is going back and I am buying something cheaper.

No WTF is up with this . why is it $140 on sale?

How can anybody sell this snake oil to desperate women and sleep at night? :nono:

I did finish up that 'Cantu' Shea Butter Daily Moisturizing Leave-In.

Now, I'm moving onto "Africa's Best" Organics Maximum Strength Extra Virgin Olive Oil Moisturizing Growth Lotion w/Shea Butter w/Oat & Soy:look:

Another Pre-LHCF Purchase to moisturize daily under da' wig:rolleyes:

This is my Confession:

So I bought the new Sade cd (saw her on the Today Show and remembered her cd dropped) along with $120 worth of DvDs and another Cd in celebration of Black History Month at Best Buy:sekret:. I think I love collecting things especially if they are on SALE:yep:.

Last week I bought 3 sweaters, skinny jeans, pants, 10 pairs of earrings, and 2 pairs of suede boots for $220.:wallbash: Plus every pretty wrap headband, 4 Hair zings but they were all on sale too:grin:

I'm putting myself on a strict no buy until I get my tax refund next month. But I think I binged because:look: I hadn't bought any new clothes or music or DvDs for at least 3 months.

I can't wait to buy Sade Vonnie. I don't want it off of itunes though. i want the actual CD so I have to wait until I can get by target.

I have been using it for twists. I think for me it helps to hold the moisture in as well as impart some moisture as well because when I use it I don't have to moisturize my hair for like 2-3days. ITA it doesn't cause build up and "sets" the hair with out being a gel (I'm not a fan of gel).

Ltown I got you package today. I'm going to try and make it to the post office before it closes and/or starts snowing. I'm not leaving the house until Friday if the snow is as bad as they are predicting (12-24inches).
Oh thank you and be safe. I just came home ready for the next storm.

Maaan I am so in love with carols daughter hair milk. It's so moisturizing and it gave me the best wash and go without having to put it in a puff. I took my twists out in the shower with the detangler. And then shampoos with black soap and conditioned and detangled with honey hemp.
After I used the milk and sunshine my hair was so nice, big , and clumpy. It even defined my heat damage.

I just came back from the mall and they selling Carol's in Macy near the makeup counters. I was surprise.

I can't wait to buy Sade Vonnie. I don't want it off of itunes though. i want the actual CD so I have to wait until I can get by target.

It was $9.99 at Best Buy. Yeah I can't get down with the iTunes I need an actual CD too I have more options (IMO) that way.

My mom is a big fan and through the years I've grown to love her music as well. This 10yrs between albums though is hard but the music is definitely on point. My mom is already telling me she wants to see Sade on tour for her birthday present (her Bday isn't til July). And she said no cheap seats either.:lachen::lachen:

I just came back from the mall and they selling Carol's in Macy near the makeup counters. I was surprise.

My mom had this CD product and I tried it and liked it but didn't know where to get it. I remember CD products were expensive so I bought SSI Jojoba Hair milk instead. I may have to go shop my mom's stash before I go buy it though.

Do you think that's all Macy's? **off to check Macy's website**

OT: Lamara -- Your Nails are Slammin'.....What Color is that?????:lick:

Thanks love! It's OPI DS Original

IMG_1009.jpg

Did anyone else get an e-mail from the Crown Essentials lady :look:? I only ordered from her once. I believe Brownie & LC ordered from her more than once so maybe you didn't get the e-mail. I plan to be quite honest with her. I looooooved the olive butter and of course the JBCO but didn't like the other product I think it was the coconut pomade. I also didn't like that she lives cross the bridge in dc yet the shipping was like $7.50. I do see she has some other products now that I may be willing to try though :nono:.

My mom had this CD product and I tried it and liked it but didn't know where to get it. I remember CD products were expensive so I bought SSI Jojoba Hair milk instead. I may have to go shop my mom's stash before I go buy it though.

Do you think that's all Macy's? **off to check Macy's website**

I don't know but Macy's are usually standard for makup, perfume but not for clothes:nono:. It was on the backside of Fashionfairs.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from the Crown Essentials lady :look:? I only ordered from her once. I believe Brownie & LC ordered from her more than once so maybe you didn't get the e-mail. I plan to be quite honest with her. I looooooved the olive butter and of course the JBCO but didn't like the other product I think it was the coconut pomade. I also didn't like that she lives cross the bridge in dc yet the shipping was like $7.50. I do see she has some other products now that I may be willing to try though :nono:.

I've ordered JBCO from her as well once some time ago (didn't receive a recent e-mail from her) But......With my Order tho', I did receive a very nice T-Shirt.:yep:

I thought the shipping was high as well but not as 'bad as' Sams.:look:

Last edited:
Back