Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I swear we must be related cuz I would probably do the same thing LMAO
This is what I bought:

Berries & Cream Fragrance Oil - 2 oz for $3.95
Birthday Cake Fragrance Oil - 4 oz for $7.95
Sugar Cookie Gourmet Fragrance Oil - 2 oz for $4.95

I would eat that birthday cake fragrance oil if I thought I would survive :lachen:
All of those sound delish :lick:. There's a lot of stuff I'm tempted to taste but I don't wanna die :laugh:

:look:Um Eisani and BostonMaria are you ladies creating your own line of fragance and hair care?????

Are you kidding me? We'd never sell anything because we would be our biggest customers!! :lachen:

I have been interested in making my own stuff for months now. I make stuff for myself and my family. I got tired of waiting 2-3 weeks for my products only to use it up in a few days :perplexed So I've been reading up on the ingredients on most of the products I like and what I found is that it really isn't that hard to recreate. I have 4 gallons :spinning: of conditioner base coming in today and I'm going to make a DC, a leave-in conditioner, and a spritz. With the butters coming in I'm going to make a hair butter. I bought an e-book and its helping me recreate most of the things I like.

I've been doing this since last September and what I find is that its hard for me to buy other people's products because I find it more appealing to make my own stuff. :drunk: Here's the YT site that's helping me http://www.youtube.com/user/ReviveUK

Are you kidding me? We'd never sell anything because we would be our biggest customers!! :lachen:

I have been interested in making my own stuff for months now. I make stuff for myself and my family. I got tired of waiting 2-3 weeks for my products only to use it up in a few days :perplexed So I've been reading up on the ingredients on most of the products I like and what I found is that it really isn't that hard to recreate. I have 4 gallons :spinning: of conditioner base coming in today and I'm going to make a DC, a leave-in conditioner, and a spritz. With the butters coming in I'm going to make a hair butter. I bought an e-book and its helping me recreate most of the things I like.

I've been doing this since last September and what I find is that its hard for me to buy other people's products because I find it more appealing to make my own stuff. :drunk: Here's the YT site that's helping me http://www.youtube.com/user/ReviveUK

I've been using her for my ayurveda mix and join the mixologist forum. I think you have to pay for the ebook but I don't know uk $. I just need to find a double boiler. I'm trying to figure ways to dissolve this sulfur. Mkd ask you but I don't think you seen it but where did you order the conditioner base?

Last edited:
I've been using her for my ayurveda mix and join the mixologist forum. I just need to find a double boiler. I'm trying to figure ways to dissolve this sulfur. Mkd ask you but I don't think you seen it but where did you order the conditioner base?

You can get liquid sulfur online or at the vitamin shoppe.

I finally ordered something. A little over 2 months without buying anything. I am satisfied with that. I only have a bit of amla oil left and I use this weekly so I had to get some more. I ordered from www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com. Use the code: ILOVE15OFF this week for 15% off. Shipping is ridiculous there too. If you spend $60 you automatically get free shipping. I guess when I was in my pj heyday I never paid attention to shipping.

I ordered the rejuvenating hairline & temple balm (this keeps my edges in check in addition to my oil concoction since I insist on bunning although my edges are weak from years of braids) and the scalp elixir from Claudie's. I don't believe in growth aids but I see how her edges balm (old name) worked on my hair so I thought I would get the scalp elixir hoping I can have a decent amount of new growth when I'm ready to go natural.

I heard Beemine might be having a valentines day sale and she may have some new products too. I saw it on youtube but now that I got Claudie's scalp elixir I'm not sure if I would still be interested in ordering from Beemine. Maybe the curly butter and the avocado cream condish, IDK. I think I might make me an avocado conditioner here at home so we'll see.

^^There are several more things I am interested in making also--dc (which I've been making forever now :rolleyes:) and a detangler. I need to get me some btms first before I can make a detangler though.

^^There are several more things I am interested in making also--dc (which I've been making forever now :rolleyes:) and a detangler. I need to get me some btms first before I can make a detangler though.
What do you put in your homemade DC Shay?

Yall have me wanting to experiment :look:

The leave-in? Yep. I haven't used it in a while, mostly because I rarely go to Sally's and I always forget to pick it up, but I love it!

I feel like I get a lot less shedding/breakage with it. :yep:

sounds good.
did u mix it with something or use it by itself? i think i'm going to pick up a pack from sallys this week

:yep:

I am going to replace my essations hair mender, I should be done with my bottle today. It will be the replacement for DRC 28.

What do you put in your homemade DC Shay?

Yall have me wanting to experiment :look:

I haven't made any yet but I was thinking of the following:

Shea butter
Hairveda Moist 24/7
Panthenol
Honeyquat
Silk Amino Acids
BTMS (need to still buy)
I want to put some oil in it too but haven't decided what yet (JBCO, CO, or vatika frosting)

I gotta figure out where to buy more shea butter when I need it. I'm good right now but I loved when I mixed Sunshine's Coconut Confidence with vatika frosting. I figured I could just buy shea butter and add the vatika frosting.

Maaan I am so in love with carols daughter hair milk. It's so moisturizing and it gave me the best wash and go without having to put it in a puff. I took my twists out in the shower with the detangler. And then shampoos with black soap and conditioned and detangled with honey hemp.
After I used the milk and sunshine my hair was so nice, big , and clumpy. It even defined my heat damage.

:yep:, CreamTee. I hadn't bought anything in a few months and everything in my recipe I have except the btms. I replaced staples. I just made an avocado conditioner and this freaking mixer even on "1" wants to put stuff everywhere.

I got the avocado conditioner recipe from youtube (Che you said she was your hair twin)and I can't remember the girl's name and I added my own stuff too:

1 avocado
1/2 can of coconut milk
honey
coconut oil
saa (not in her recipe)
wheat protein (not in her recipe)

I didn't do any measuring with the last 4 ingredients. It's in the fridge now.

I love Bunning!!!! :love: I get to use more products and its easier!

Hairveda's Almond Glaze and Oyins Burnt Sugar are great for slicking my hair back and they don't have aloe vera!!!

And that hardcore protein treatment rocked my world. I really want the Dudley DRC-28

Ladies are we curtailing our spending as much as possible, hmmm!? ;)
:giggle: I really want to buy something. I just don't know what.

I love Bunning!!!! :love: I get to use more products and its easier!

Hairveda's Almond Glaze and Oyins Burnt Sugar are great for slicking my hair back and they don't have aloe vera!!!

And that hardcore protein treatment rocked my world. I really want the Dudley DRC-28
Tell me more about this almond glaze.

Last edited:
:giggle: I really want to buy something. I just don't know what.

Tell me more about this almod glaze.

I use it with a scarf to slick back my hair. It does have beewax or something that is a wax in it that aids in this process.

My mother even noticed my hair. She said the waves in my front reminder her from when I was little. I just like how its not like a gel. The burnt sugar as well, the second ingredient is soy wax.

The wax doesn't build up for me, nor does it leave a coating.

Back