Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Did you end up liking it? It smells divine :lick: but I am not going to spend $90 on something that smells good.

Yes, it's a very Nice product.:grin: But I have other Products that are equally as nice. i.e. Schwarkopf, L'anza, Alterna, Alfaparf, Alter Ego, L'Occtaine, PhilipB and others.......:look:

Keratase will not be a repurchase.:nono: A while back a poster did a review on L'Oreal Artec Kiwi something and compared it to being similar to Keratase for much less (which is also a L'Oreal Product).

I also have the Artec, but haven't used it enough to do a 'fair' comparison of the two.:nono:

However, Both are in the Rotation to be used up soon (as they are both currently open:perplexed)

I think I can finish up a bottle of Aussie cleanse and mend on these twists by the end of the week. They are holding up really well:grin:. I am running out of coconut oil though, so i will have to restock soon.

Yes ma'am :yep: My DD was trying to buy the 16 oz jar but took two steps back when she saw the price. This one is on "SALE" for $85

I am too cheap and that isnt nearly enough product to warrant it costing that much, and on sale no less! I don't even wanna know the original price:perplexed. That could buy a lot of Qhemet!!!

Ill just keep doctoring up my $2 lustrasilk with oils and honey TYVM!

Okay now I remember why I never ordered Beemine. The shipping! I had 3 samples in the cart for $13.00 yet shipping was $7.50. No thank you. I will be deleting that website from my favorites list.

This week, I will be ordering shampoo from KBB (if the Hairveda Amala is still unavailable) and some Jessicurl WDT :look:

I used that Kerastase Oleo Relax and was so not impressed. :nono:

I used that miniscule amount of henna a little over a week ago and it has had time to oxodize and I can clearly see that it turned my colored hair very red. I really love the way it made my hair feel, really strong and thickened my strands but I guess I have to wait to use it until my color grows out:ohwell:

This week, I will be ordering shampoo from KBB (if the Hairveda Amala is still unavailable) and some Jessicurl WDT :look:

I used that Kerastase Oleo Relax and was so not impressed. :nono:
LOL Brownie, if I like the sample that Lamara sends me, I going to order the Jessicurl WDT too. I was just wondering if you had tried it and liked it because I was going to order you one whenever I decide to order:grin:

LOL Brownie, if I like the sample that Lamara sends me, I going to order the Jessicurl WDT too. I was just wondering if you had tried it and liked it because I was going to order you one whenever I decide to order:grin:

:bighug:Thanks, mkd, but I just ordered some :look:.
I tried to sneak in the iVillage code on CurlMart but it didn't work so they gave me 15% off. Better than nothing, I guess.

I'm very sad today
I DC'd under the steamer, rollerset and used my sexy new Pibbs dryer. I was happy because my hair dried in 60 minutes instead of a gazillion hours. I took out the rollers and my hair was nice and soft. I reach out and plug in my CHI... replug it in... smack it around. Its freakin broken :sad: I don't know what happened. Now I'm gonna have to fork over another $100+ for another one. *le sigh* I thought the Pibbs was going to be my last big purchase of the year, guess not.

ETA: I think the hair gods broke my CHI LOL I was going to cheat on my bun challenge and flatiron my hair root to tip to see what the length is. No heat for me now :sad: not even my edges! I slapped on some Shea Butter and put my hair up in a bun.

Just checking in! I got my weave last weekend....:ohwell: Not sure if I like it yet but it's the hair not the style. I haven't bought any new products in a good while. I was checking the mail today and realized that it was the first time in a long time that I wasn't waiting on something. I do like receiving packages though...:sekret:

I'm going to be a co-washing fool with this weave! I can't wait to use up my stuff. I'm already using the NTM Silk Touch Leave In that did nothing noticeable for my hair but makes my wavy weave soft and silky. :yep:

ok so i have to run home tonight to grab some quick things and while im doing that im going to take these twists out. i dont know what happened but all of a sudden they are dry. and i took one twist out in the back and it was almost matted. what im going to do is take out the flat twists in the front but hop in the shower and drench my hair in gvp the detangler and water and take out the rest of the twists under the running water. i wont have time to deep condition so im going to shampoo with black soap and condition with oyin honey hemp. im going to moisturize with carols daughter hair milk and sunshine in coconut lemongrass.
im also bringing the two products with me along with a conditioner to co wash with. im not sure which conditioner though. im thinking either honey hemp(but i dont want to waste this) or kbb deep conditioner. we'll see. im going to puff all week untill i get time to put my hair back in twists. i am determined to keep my hair in twists for the rest of this cold *** weather.

Just checking in! I got my weave last weekend....:ohwell: Not sure if I like it yet but it's the hair not the style. I haven't bought any new products in a good while. I was checking the mail today and realized that it was the first time in a long time that I wasn't waiting on something. I do like receiving packages though...:sekret:

I'm going to be a co-washing fool with this weave! I can't wait to use up my stuff. I'm already using the NTM Silk Touch Leave In that did nothing noticeable for my hair but makes my wavy weave soft and silky. :yep:
ive never used this but my mom loves it for her 4b relaxed thick hair. she uses it as a leave in, then blow dries and then add a tiny amount of shea butter and then i flat iron her hair with a FHI and her hair is so soft and silky.

:lachen:OMG no I was only kidding! But thank you, you're too sweet
I went to Jasmine's website today to check out her sale and saw all the products were gone. Oh Eisani :rolleyes:

Do you guys know of a website that sells fragrance oils?
:giggle: Why does it have to be me? :angeldevi
There was a site in the vendor review forum selling fragrance oils. I'll check for the link. My cousin is trying to get me to start selling these oils. I'm thinking about it. Darn you for bringing this up! Now I want oils...

Links to threads w/sites and reviews:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=354427&highlight=fragrance+oils
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=382740&highlight=fragrance+oils
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=401436&highlight=fragrance+oils

Hi ladies!

I haven't used up anything, :(

I bought the DRC -28 but it coset $58. I am really thinking about taking it back and getting aphogee instead.

I've been in the house for 5 days:pullhair: can't take it. The only good thing about this snow storm locked down is I've used up some products. I've tried all my sample afroveda butters and the only thing I like is the smell, they all have the same textures so I've someone to give those too. I'm getting out for a little bit before the noon storm comes.:grin:

I've been in the house for 5 days:pullhair: can't take it. The only good thing about this snow storm locked down is I've used up some products. I've tried all my sample afroveda butters and the only thing I like is the smell, they all have the same textures so I've someone to give those too. I'm getting out for a little bit before the noon storm comes.:grin:

Girlllllll.....David is taking me to Sally's to get some phony ponys. I needz to get out!

:giggle: Why does it have to be me? :angeldevi
There was a site in the vendor review forum selling fragrance oils. I'll check for the link. My cousin is trying to get me to start selling these oils. I'm thinking about it. Darn you for bringing this up! Now I want oils...

Links to threads w/sites and reviews:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=354427&highlight=fragrance+oils
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=382740&highlight=fragrance+oils
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=401436&highlight=fragrance+oils

I LOVE

saveonscents.com

Girlllllll.....David is taking me to Sally's to get some phony ponys. I needz to get out!

I was thinking of getting out to of all places the grocery store. IDK about that but they do have self check out. I'm a hibernator though so I don't mind staying in. I think I will be making some online purchases though.

I'm so Jelly at All You Government Workers:lachen: Getting to stay home today.:look:

Well, let me start getting dressed. And yes, I am late. It's snowing again like crazy.:nono:

Okay, I used up: A jar of Doo Grow (don't judge me), it was almost empty and had been in my stash at the beginning of my HHJ. (PRE LHCF) I have alot of 'those' types of products, like B&B Supergrow Grease & Some Doo Grow Oil(s) etc....(and I plan to use them up too).:look:

*None of these will be a repurchase*

I should be finishing up my Cantu Shea Butter Daily Moisturizer prolly this morning under da' wig.

Ya'll have a Good One. I'll be lurking once I manage to get into the Office. It's bad out Ya'll.:ohwell:

Last edited:
I am at work - unfortunately! I really didn't want to go out this morning, it's so cold, but then perhaps I should give thanks because what y'all are putting up with the snow and all doesn't sound like a joke! :eek:

We've got a someone from the Royal family visiting us at my office shortly (one of the Princesses). I won't be doing any curtsy for her that's for sure... :look:

Thank you Eisani. I ended up buying the fragrance oils from Wholesale Supplies Plus last night before seeing your post.

They have a great selection of oils and I found the Birthday Cake (my fave) fragrance that I wanted. The shipping was free. Free is good!

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/FragranceAndEssentialOils.aspx

I'm getting my conditioner base and other materials today and I am going to make my DC in a birthday cake fragrance. I have a lotion base that I haven't used yet. I'll attempt to make that this weekend. I'm also experimenting with that hair gel, just haven't had time to get around to it.

All I saw was free shipping and I clicked the link :laugh: I just came back and read the rest of what you said.

I swear we must be related cuz I would probably do the same thing LMAO
This is what I bought:

Berries & Cream Fragrance Oil - 2 oz for $3.95
Birthday Cake Fragrance Oil - 4 oz for $7.95
Sugar Cookie Gourmet Fragrance Oil - 2 oz for $4.95

I would eat that birthday cake fragrance oil if I thought I would survive :lachen:

ive never used this but my mom loves it for her 4b relaxed thick hair. she uses it as a leave in, then blow dries and then add a tiny amount of shea butter and then i flat iron her hair with a FHI and her hair is so soft and silky.

Maybe I'll try it with the shea. I have a jar of 5oz of shea butter just sitting there. I have no idea what to do with it. :ohwell:

Back