Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

@ Charz, how much did u use, and in conjunction with what products?

I did a protein treatment, then I dc'ed under the steamer with the Curl Junkie Deep Fix (Which was wonderful) and then put the Leave-in (two quarter sizes) all in my hair, then pulled it back in a bun.

^^ You read my mind!!! I was just gonna post this!

Shea Butter Rinse:
Ingredients: Aloe Extract, BTMS(Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid(food grade paraben free preservative),essential oils or fragrance

Great ingredients! Phenoxyethanol is my favorite preservative!

Jessicurl has BTMS, I wonder if that's why my hair likes it. Sitrinillah doesn't have BTMS, maybe thats why it's just "alright" with my hair.

I don't have any deep conditioners with BTMS so I am excited to try the Jessicurl WDT. Jasmine's ultra nourishing has it too.

I'm considering a full head weave using some kind of hair from Halleys curls
site. I want something that looks similar to my own texture. I think weaving it up will keep me from relaxing or cutting, although I'll probably cut the rest of the relaxer off before the install. Now to find someone to do a good job on it...I'd hate to spend that kind of $$ on the hair then get someone to do a half-cocked job on it :ohwell:

I think that would be really cute.
MKD, if you have the ingredients, time and patience here is a YT video on how to make hair gel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT4DTbd93j4

I am going to give it a try today except I'll substitute the BTMS flakes with my silk amino powder. I might also substitute the coconut oil with avocado oil.

Recipe from ReviveUK
50% Aloe Gel, 10% Rose Water, 20% Glycerine heat and melt in a double boiler/bain marie

20% Virgin Coco Oil, 3% BTMS (Behentrimonium Methosulphate - a conditioning, detangling emulsifer to enable the ingredients to bind)
heat and melt in another double boiler/bain marie

Whisk, add a pinch of Guar gum or Xanthan gum to thicken
whisk some more
if your Aloe Gel already contains preservative (most of them do) then you will be OK
if not, add a preservative of your choice - otherwise it will grow mould and bacteria very quickly

Thanks BM, I may try this actually. I need a lot of ingredients though. Please let me know how yours turns out.

This weekend I used up:

Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Shescentit Hair Milk
Shescentit Hair Butter
4 ounce container of Jessi Curl WDT

BM, I just went to lotioncrafters and the ingredients are sooo cheap to make gel.

Do you ladies know good websites that sell conditioner bases?

BM, I just went to lotioncrafters and the ingredients are sooo cheap to make gel.

Do you ladies know good websites that sell conditioner bases?

Are you talking about bases like Jason/Givonni or like cetyl alcohol? lotioncrafter has cetyl alchols, and the BTMS. I brought cetyl alcohol don't know what to do with it.:rolleyes:

Are you talking about bases like Jason/Givonni or like cetyl alcohol? lotioncrafter has cetyl alchols, and the BTMS. I brought cetyl alcohol don't know what to do with it.:rolleyes:
More like the one BM posted. I think Eisani posted a link a while back too.

Grr, now the company emailed me back and said it IS the old moisture block, so now I can't cancel. They bet not be lying! Maybe I can just change my order to a smaller amount.

Grr, now the company emailed me back and said it IS the old moisture block, so now I can't cancel. They bet not be lying! Maybe I can just change my order to a smaller amount.
I hope you can change it Robot. If not, people will buy them off the exchange board. If it is the old formula, I will buy one from you.

I did a protein treatment, then I dc'ed under the steamer with the Curl Junkie Deep Fix (Which was wonderful) and then put the Leave-in (two quarter sizes) all in my hair, then pulled it back in a bun.
Aw man, not cool! I never used the leave in on wet hair, only 80% dry. Never had any white balls.

It's amazing the difference an inch can make. I've got about an inch of new growth at 7 weeks post and even though the NG hasn't been straightened my hair looks noticeably longer. I wore my hair down for a while at work today and my colleague nearly did a double take! :grin:

My foot still hurts and now the pain has rushed up my leg. My hair looks good though. I slept on Curls by Sister Smith Wet Set pudding for so long but this just might be a staple. One more use and I will finish up the container so I might need to invest in a bigger size.

i co washed my twists today with organix vanilla conditioner and used hairveda hydrosylica and sunshine to moisturize.

im gonna have to stay at work another whole week because i woke up today to a $250 ticket for parking on the street:wallbash: and the streets still look terrible.

Okay 2.5 hours later I have dug out my car. Thank goodness I've been exercising more lately and this fruit/veggie cleanse (today is the last day) gave me some energy. Now I feel I need to reward myself :look:. Naw it's been a little over two months and I just feel ready to shop. We'll see.

hey girl!
it's on 8th st btwn university pl and greene st. It's on the same block as Crumbs, Dashing Diva, and Chipotle.
i'll try to get the exact name today

cool thanks!

I love BTMS by the way, I feel like it helps with detangling?

My DD's friend gave her some Kerastase DC yesterday so I used it to do her hair. Yeah I get that her hair came out nice, but her hair always comes out nice. There's no way I would ever pay $90 for a deep conditioner. Any of you ladies buy this?

Yes, I have it. The Oleo Relax. I paid $65.00.:yep:

12195-001513.jpg

Yup:yep: This One. I still feel that AE Garlic is just as nice for 1/2 the Price.

Aw man, not cool! I never used the leave in on wet hair, only 80% dry. Never had any white balls.

I Hope that is not the case re: the white balls......:grin:

I have CJ Deep Fix and the Banana Hibiscus One.:blush:

I'll be DC'ing with both and not using either as a Leave-In.

I think I should buy one more hello sugar body splash, just for good measure. :look:

I think you should buy TWO and send one to me. I'll PM you LOL :grin:

Yup:yep: This One. I still feel that AE Garlic is just as nice for 1/2 the Price.

Did you end up liking it? It smells divine :lick: but I am not going to spend $90 on something that smells good.

I'm under the dryer right now. I DC'd under my steamer with Suela y Canela. I'm under my Pibbs dryer right now. I put on the 3" rollers to see if it would fit. I'm VERY snug (my head is squished) so I'll have to go back to my 2 1/2" rollers again. I hope I can be done in 60 minutes. I miss my soft bonnet dryer and might buy another one.

BM, if you want one just let me know. I gotta see if they ship to the US first. :lol:

:lachen:OMG no I was only kidding! But thank you, you're too sweet
I went to Jasmine's website today to check out her sale and saw all the products were gone. Oh Eisani :rolleyes:

Do you guys know of a website that sells fragrance oils?

Back