Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

thanx T. its funny now becaus i fell in slow motion lmao. i was like nooooo. but it wasnt funny then.
girl my hair looks better now then it did when i first did it. i rinsed it once witj just water while at work and used sunshine. im too tired to do my hair again so they will sat in another week. i havent slept in a scarf since thursday:blush:

oh and i have my kbb hair butter and my afroveda tt butter. they both came on friday. the kbb so far is :lick: afroveda idk. it diesnt even look the same. its so whipped and soft almost reminds me of jc twist and lock. imo afroveda fell off.:perplexed
Che, what made you decide to order the afroveda TT butter again?

:yep: I know!! I thought you had mentioned it so I went back through some of your videos and saw you talking about it. Thanks!!!!!

I can't believe how your hair is growing!! I love it!!

Aww thanks girl! I hope to be APL in December *fingers crossed*

ladies, this redken talk...there's this store by my school in nyc that is selling redken liters (i think, def redken not sure of the size) 2 for 36. let me know if any of you want me to act as your laison...

awww man! what store? :sekret:
:lachen:

Aphogee Two Step $21 from Sallys for 16 ounces
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Ethylene Urea, Dimethylol Urea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Carbonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.

@ the bolded- what kind of fragrance? vomit fragrance??? :lachen: they didn't put enough if it really does have fragrance!

Aww thanks girl! I hope to be APL in December *fingers crossed*
You'll make it.:grin:
:yep:I'm claiming SL:grin:.

This is cause for celebration(I have always had rediculously short hair..).

Congrats!! :yep:I'm hoping I'm SL but I refuse to straighten. Shooting for APL by Sept...Dec at the latest (says the 6ft tall girl:lachen:)

My mini twists are still holding up (I am too despite driving in this weather). No locing so far. I've been moisturizing with Gillian Butter. Will probably cowash them Wednesday with YTC (trying to use up this bottle).

Does anyone DC in Twists? Will that make them more prone to loc?

Congrats!! :yep:I'm hoping I'm SL but I refuse to straighten. Shooting for APL by Sept...Dec at the latest (says the 6ft tall girl:lachen:)

My mini twists are still holding up (I am too despite driving in this weather). No locing so far. I've been moisturizing with Gillian Butter. Will probably cowash them Wednesday with YTC (trying to use up this bottle).

I'm quite sure you can, I read people doing their hair in sections/braids. You may need to put bands on the ends so they don't unravel. We are getting another storm and I heard you'll be getting one too. Be safe and warm!

I tried but I didn't feel like I was getting every strand coated.

I just ordered nine bottles of sabino. :look:

Well damn! LOL :grin:
I've never used Sabino. In the summer my hair reverts quickly so I don't bother straightening. Whenever I fight my hair I never win LOL

So, Hairveda still doesn't have the Amala shampoo in stock so I'm going to order some from KBB. I had to check out Charz' reviews first. :yep:
I'll wait til Tuesday and see what 'sale' she has this week. :look:

I have nothing going on with my hair. Just same ole, same ole. Washing once a week, as usual. It's nice and healthy and shiny, though. Still growing, I hope. *shrug*

I like the Amala shampoo. Its very light and if I remember correctly it barely suds. My son had a very bad dandruff problem and this shampoo wiped it out completely.

I'm looking in the mirror and my hair, which has been in a bun for 3 days straight, is a hot mess. I am detbating on whether to hit the gym and THEN rollerset my hair or vice versa. I am supposed to receive package tomorrow and I'm excited to get my avocado and coffee butters.

Ok, I'm still seriously thinking about the weave. I just have no clue about this kind of stuff! I don't know now many ounces of hair I need or what size closure! Sheesh.

Chile You Betta' Get them Snacks Fixed for SuperBowl Sunday! ! !

*what you makin'*:lick:
I talked him into hitting the bar for a few hours. He was bummed because he had already bbq'd his ribs. This dude eats barbeque at least once a week :rolleyes: I just wasn't up for all of that, but we left the bar @ halftime so I fried some fish and hushpuppies, made baked beans and potato salad when we got home. Not what we originally planned for the bowl, but we still ate good!

My DD's friend gave her some Kerastase DC yesterday so I used it to do her hair. Yeah I get that her hair came out nice, but her hair always comes out nice. There's no way I would ever pay $90 for a deep conditioner. Any of you ladies buy this?

My DD's friend gave her some Kerastase DC yesterday so I used it to do her hair. Yeah I get that her hair came out nice, but her hair always comes out nice. There's no way I would ever pay $90 for a deep conditioner. Any of you ladies buy this?
As much of a junkie I am, when I went to the salon and saw the price, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Especially when I KNOW of things that work for far less money! For $90, that conditioner just oughta be able to walk out of the jar, slather itself in my hair, rinse itself, trim and rollerset me :laugh:

As much of a junkie I am, when I went to the salon and saw the price, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Especially when I KNOW of things that work for far less money! For $90, that conditioner just oughta be able to walk out of the jar, slather itself in my hair, rinse itself, trim and rollerset me :laugh:

For $90 that jar better give me multiple hairgasms :lick:

I told my DD that I'd rather get a large jar of Alter Ego for $30 (which still hurts my feelings BTW LOL :grin: ) than pay $90 for a product I can use in two heavy handed uses.

12195-001513.jpg

Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I bought a Pibbs Virgo Hair Dryer yesterday. I found it on Craigs List for $75 and it retails for $285. The salon owner was upgrading her salon and wanted to get rid of her dryers. I felt like a pure PJ (crackhead) because we met off the highway in front of Walgreen's and exchanged the money like if it were a drug deal LMAO My son was laughing at me.

VF-400430-2T.jpg

BM, this is what my dryer looks like except its not a Pibbs. I love it very much!

Eisani, what kind of weave are you thinking about gettting?

Has anyone used shescenit's gel? I am thinking about ordering hers of hairveda's.

BM, this is what my dryer looks like except its not a Pibbs. I love it very much!

Has anyone used shescenit's gel? I am thinking about ordering hers of hairveda's.

I've never used Shescenit's gels, but the hairveda whipped gelly worked great. I've heard great things about the Afroveda gel too. I'm on strike right now though with Afroveda. I can't believe she raised her prices so high.

Hairveda's was too weak for my hair. Have not tried shescentit. I will be trying it when she comes out with her new products.

What ingredients do yall look for in DC's? Is BTMS an important ingredient to yall?

Hairveda's was too weak for my hair. Have not tried shescentit. I will be trying it when she comes out with her new products.

What ingredients do yall look for in DC's? Is BTMS an important ingredient to yall?

I like to see some kind of protein in mine; silk, wheat or kertain.

I've never used Shescenit's gels, but the hairveda whipped gelly worked great. I've heard great things about the Afroveda gel too. I'm on strike right now though with Afroveda. I can't believe she raised her prices so high.
I think I am going to order the hairveda gel and the almond glaze for my DH. He is all in my products, he is trying to grow a TWA :nono:. I wish he would just rock a fade.

I think I am done with afroveda too. The appeal for me was the reasonable prices. I hope Jasmine's shea rinse works well for me as a leave in/styling product which is what I use afroveda for now.

Charz, I don't have any conditioners with BTMS but I always read great things about it. Jasmine's shea rinse has it, so I hope I get good results.

^^ You read my mind!!! I was just gonna post this!

Shea Butter Rinse:
Ingredients: Aloe Extract, BTMS(Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid(food grade paraben free preservative),essential oils or fragrance

Great ingredients! Phenoxyethanol is my favorite preservative!

Jessicurl has BTMS, I wonder if that's why my hair likes it. Sitrinillah doesn't have BTMS, maybe thats why it's just "alright" with my hair.

I'm considering a full head weave using some kind of hair from Halleys curls
site. I want something that looks similar to my own texture. I think weaving it up will keep me from relaxing or cutting, although I'll probably cut the rest of the relaxer off before the install. Now to find someone to do a good job on it...I'd hate to spend that kind of $$ on the hair then get someone to do a half-cocked job on it :ohwell:

MKD, if you have the ingredients, time and patience here is a YT video on how to make hair gel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT4DTbd93j4

I am going to give it a try today except I'll substitute the BTMS flakes with my silk amino powder. I might also substitute the coconut oil with avocado oil.

Recipe from ReviveUK
Homemade natural hair gel

50% Aloe Gel
10% Rose Water
20% Glycerine
heat and melt in a double boiler/bain marie

20% Virgin Coco Oil
3% BTMS (Behentrimonium Methosulphate - a conditioning, detangling emulsifer to enable the ingredients to bind)
heat and melt in another double boiler/bain marie

Whisk, add a pinch of Guar gum or Xanthan gum to thicken
whisk some more
if your Aloe Gel already contains preservative (most of them do) then you will be OK
if not, add a preservative of your choice - otherwise it will grow mould and bacteria very quickly

Last edited:
Back