Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Charz, I didn't know you used the aphogee 2 step before. What did you think? Were you please with the results, other than the breakage?

Charz, I didn't know you used the aphogee 2 step before. What did you think? Were you please with the results, other than the breakage?

Honestly, after I ripped my hair out combing it through my hair when rinsing it out more hair came out cuz I tried to detangle in the shower. My hair felt stiff and lifeless. It felt a million times better when I DC'd.

Lesson learned: Do not detangle until DCing after a major protein treatment.

im going to buy the aphogee two step after I finish this hairveda moist condition pro.

On the protein scale 1 being the mildest and 10 being the strongest in my experience:

Moist 24/7 Protein= 2
Methi Sativa=3
GPB=3
Aphogee 2 step= 10
Nexxus Emergencee= 8
K-Pak=6
My Keratin concoction= 9

Last edited:
^^ thanks for your scale charz! I think I need a STRONG protein. The moist condition pro is good, but not good enough for my hair.

I just threw out this Aphogee hair spray sheen thing. I opened the bottle and smelt straight alcohol, no way in heyall I would be spraying that in my hair :nono:

Tee: What would you catagorize our Wella Keratin Oil Treatment as? The only 'Hard Protein' I use (and the jury is still out on this one) is Nexxus Emergencee. *there is discussion/debate whether a Polymeric mimics a protein etc......*

I do have Keraphix, and Joico K-Pak and (many) others, but consider them as a Medium Protein Treatment. I do use a Reconstructor Weekly.:yep:

The F. Fekkai, do you consider as Lightweight?

I'm not sure about what the Wella is, I might give one of the salons a call tomorrow to establish how it should be treated.

Fekkai is definitely a light protein, but then I suppose at least a light regular protein programme is better than nothing at all!

For those of you curious about the Aphogee 2 step:

It works. Like Charz says, don't try to comb your hair when you apply it. Make sure you have on old clothing, it will get sticky and messy and it smells like shyt, no lie.

But the stuff work, your hair strands will feel strong and once you dc and the elasticity is restored your hair will feel and look amazing! Do not use the balancing moisturizer that's part of the 2 step, it sucks and doesn't moisturize at all. Just follow the protein with your favorite dc and that will work fine.

I have used this stuff when relaxed and natural and it always brings my hair back from the point of no return :yep:

Why does it seem like my products are never empty? I use them but the opened product take forever and a half to get rid of. Its like someone is filling it up as I sleep.:lachen:

For those of you curious about the Aphogee 2 step:

It works. Like Charz says, don't try to comb your hair when you apply it. Make sure you have on old clothing, it will get sticky and messy and it smells like shyt, no lie.

But the stuff work, your hair strands will feel strong and once you dc and the elasticity is restored your hair will feel and look amazing! Do not use the balancing moisturizer that's part of the 2 step, it sucks and doesn't moisturize at all. Just follow the protein with your favorite dc and that will work fine.

I have used this stuff when relaxed and natural and it always brings my hair back from the point of no return :yep:

ITA with all the above.

I am in the process of making the homemade recipe for Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding.

I just returned from Whole Foods where I purchased;

Unrefined raw shea butter with frankincense and myrrh
Jojoba oil
Vitamin E Oil 32,000 btu
3 cocoa butter sticks
Aloe Vera Gel

Then I went to Sally's
Proclaim Curl Activator
IC Hair Polisher with Olive Oil
Proclaim Beeswax
New Goody's Ionic High Heat Blow Out Brush for Short Hair
Hair One (supposed to be comparable to Wen's Sweet Almond Conditioning System but we'll see)
Herbal Essence Leave in Treatment Repair

I'm done now at least for this month.:lick:

I'm not sure about what the Wella is, I might give one of the salons a call tomorrow to establish how it should be treated.

Fekkai is definitely a light protein, but then I suppose at least a light regular protein programme is better than nothing at all!

I could be curious about the Wella Keratin Oil so if/when you call let me know. :yep:

I bet it is between Hard/Med because of the size and the concentration, it seemed 'Potent'. Should look at box for ingredients.:look:

I do use some sort of (Light/Medium) protein treatment and/or reconstructor weekly.

I have the Fekkai in my stash too, but haven't used it yet.:yep:

I've Often Had the 2 Step Done at the Salon.:look: They Try to Not Manipulate your Hair at all once it has been applied until it is fully hardened.

Then they rinse it for an eternity and DC. It's a good product. But I've never purchased it since I've been on my own HHJ.

If I were to purchase anything, (between the two) it would prolly be the Dudley DRC-28.:yep:

The Dudley protein treatment is supposed to be the DADDY of hardcore protein, but that ish ain't cheap! :lachen:

IK:grin:

If I 'were' to go that Route i.e. Hardcore.....I'd just go ahead and buy the DRC-28.

A Poster is suppose to send me a sample (to try):look: but I haven't received it yet.

The Dudley protein treatment is supposed to be the DADDY of hardcore protein, but that ish ain't cheap! :lachen:

I just looked up ingredients cuz I was curious

Dudley DRC-28 around $58 for 16 ounces
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-11, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Panthenol, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Fragrance, Biotin.

Aphogee Two Step $21 from Sallys for 16 ounces
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Ethylene Urea, Dimethylol Urea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Carbonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.

I just looked up ingredients cuz I was curious

Dudley DRC-28 around $58 for 16 ounces
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-11, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Panthenol, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Fragrance, Biotin.

Aphogee Two Step $21 from Sallys for 16 ounces
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Ethylene Urea, Dimethylol Urea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Carbonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.

Thanks Charzie!:grin:

I'm under my Pibbs with a hardcore protein treatment in my hair consisting of equal parts silk amino acids, keratin amino acids and Jane Carter revitalizing leave-in.

Charzboss, I have both of these protein but wanted to know why you use the leave-in and not a regular conditioner?

Charzboss, I have both of these protein but wanted to know why you use the leave-in and not a regular conditioner?

Cuz I use a spray bottle to apply so I need the concoction to be liquid. The leave-in is a liquid not a solid like a conditioner. I don't want to manipulate my hair at all using a heavy protein, so the spray bottle works the best for me.

Also the aphogee 2 step is liquidy too.

LTown, You could also use a Regular Conditioner.:yep: It sounds good.:lick:

I have the silk aminos (I think I still have those:perplexed). I have Hydrolzed Wheat Protein and a neutral protein filler.

My mixing days are over for the most part.:nono:

If I'm ever in the "Market" for a Stronger Protein, I'll just buy something.:lachen: Either the DRC or the Dudley Hair Rebuilder (which also gets rave reviews).

*goes to look in Stashville to see if I still have silk aminos will start to add them in 'something' to use it up.....*

These Next Few Months......We Need to Kick Everything into High Gear as we prepare for Spring. YAY!:thumbsup:

I'm glad we've had this 'discussion' about Protein Treatments, it was very helpful for me today.:yep: *Thanks Ladies*:hug3: Great Dialogue.

So, the next 2 months, we should be 'prepping' our hair for the Spring Season in our respective parts of the Country.

I'll still be Wigging it, at least until May 1st (if I can stand it).:hot:

I'll go back to my Creamy Leave-Ins this week under da' wig. For the past couple weeks, I just used oil.

Back