Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Hey ladies!!! I know I've been MIA for a minute now. I recently found out I'm expecting which will be our first. Hubby and are are supper excited. I've been spending much of my Internet time on baby sites and the pregnancy forum here. I will be checking in to see what yall been up to. Ttyl

Bsoton did you get my BBM? YO...

Eisani, my brother was playing with my Blackberry and since he didn't have my password it self-destructed. I lost all my contacts and emails. I have to reset it. When I reset it I'll PM you for your Pin.

Can you send me a PM?

hi ladies
im still at work. i rinsed my hair in the shower because the oilyness was bothering me. then i smoothed some sunshine on (i packed this with me lol) and my hair is shiny and soft and moisturized and not greasy/oily. i thought i was gonna have to take these out since they were oily but i can leave them in now.

Going to use my Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx Mask today, I haven't used it in ages and decided to after stumbling across it yesterday! I've only got a little left so should use it up today.

I'm under my Pibbs with a hardcore protein treatment in my hair consisting of equal parts silk amino acids, keratin amino acids and Jane Carter revitalizing leave-in.

i sure do wish i could find a deep conditioner that could do it all without costing me an arm & a leg & doesnt smell like mud

moisturize
condition
soften
detangle
& maybe even defrizz a lil

is that so hard to ask for?

:wallbash:

Mkd, do you wear twist/braidouts?
I gave up on them finally ltown. They do not look good on my hair. They look really thin and disrupt my natural cur pattern.

I'm under my Pibbs with a hardcore protein treatment in my hair consisting of equal parts silk amino acids, keratin amino acids and Jane Carter revitalizing leave-in.
I need a really strong protein.

I gave up on them finally ltown. They do not look good on my hair. They look really thin and disrupt my natural cur pattern.

I need a really strong protein.

You have help me finally make a decision not to do twist/braidouts. I've tried them with different products and they are hot mess. Most 3's type that I've ask have said the same thing and just wear wash/go. I'll see about that when it warm.

DMV, ladies are you all dug out? I shovel incremental during the course of the snow fall, it was hard. It just too much snow unbelieveable. I'm hoping they close the government but doubtful they'll give us unschedule leave. I want free time off.

DMV, ladies are you all dug out? I shovel incremental during the course of the snow fall, it was hard. It just too much snow unbelieveable. I'm hoping they close the government but doubtful they'll give us unschedule leave. I want free time off.

I'm happy that the men in my life feel sorry for me and won't let me shovel :look:

Apparently we should know about the operating status of the gov't by superbowl kickoff.

I'll use my credit hours nonetheless.

The Aphogee two step is very strong. It's as strong as my concoction.
I know Che bought the 2 step and I don't think she has tried it yet. I wanted to see what she thought about it.

You have help me finally make a decision not to do twist/braidouts. I've tried them with different products and they are hot mess. Most 3's type that I've ask have said the same thing and just wear wash/go. I'll see about that when it warm.
I have seen some beautiful twist/braid outs on 3s and 4s here but it just has not been successful for me. I think it looks better on ladies with thicker hair.

Bunning is so much easier then twists. I don't have to dread dcing my hair because it's not a 3 hour ordeal anymore. I'm past the awkward stage!!!

mkd: Maybe you should try much larger twists/braids for your twistouts/braidouts. Like 6-8.

Do you have a link for this?
i sure do wish i could find a deep conditioner that could do it all without costing me an arm & a leg & doesnt smell like mud

moisturize
condition
soften
detangle
& maybe even defrizz a lil

is that so hard to ask for?

:wallbash:
Have you tried Aubrey Organics conditioners? :lick:

Do you have a link for this?

I got mine from http://southernsoapers.com/ but they don't sell that protein anymore.

Here's a place that carries it now, it's more expensive then I got it for:

Amino Acids:
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4040320/4267675.htm

Hydrolized:
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4040320/4267648.htm

Hydrolyzed Keratin, is the partial hydrolysate of the keratin from enzymatically degraded shear wool and is a brownish-yellow solution with a slight inherent odor. Due to its composition, one can describe hydrolyzed keratin as a hair-identical protein hydrolysate. Compared to other proteins, the keratin has a high proportion of cystine. Hydrolyzed keratin does not only show an affinity to hair; on skin it acts as a protective and care substance. Hydrolyzed keratin has the best alcohol solubility out of all protein hydrolysates; it is therefore also suitable for aqueous/alcoholic formulations

Hello ladies. I wish I could enjoy these snow days but my job is 24hrs so I have to keep going in. I was blessed with some really nice ppl helping me to dig out of the 20something inches so I could go to work.

I'm glad I put some real mini twists so I wouldn't have to worry about hair if the power/water went out. I'm almost done the 1st of my 2 homemade hair butter mixes. I have 1/3 of an YTC condish to use next week and half of the never ending Lustrasilk mix. All this talk of Jasmine's makes me want to wash but I'll leave those until March.

Ltown- I know mail is going to be backed up for a lil while but did you send me your jar? If not I can send you a sample Tuesday after work.

Off to bed...have a good day and stay safe and warm.

Hello ladies. I wish I could enjoy these snow days but my job is 24hrs so I have to keep going in. I was blessed with some really nice ppl helping me to dig out of the 20something inches so I could go to work.

I'm glad I put some real mini twists so I wouldn't have to worry about hair if the power/water went out. I'm almost done the 1st of my 2 homemade hair butter mixes. I have 1/3 of an YTC condish to use next week and half of the never ending Lustrasilk mix. All this talk of Jasmine's makes me want to wash but I'll leave those until March.

Ltown- I know mail is going to be backed up for a lil while but did you send me your jar? If not I can send you a sample Tuesday after work.

Off to bed...have a good day and stay safe and warm.

Yes, I got it out Thursday. thanks

So what's going on with the snow ladies, are you guys unable to go to work? Sounds good to me! :grin:

Ours has slowed waaay down.:nono:

Friday was a Mess (and alot of things closed and were/are cancelled even still today), but for the most part, the snow has stopped.:ohwell:

So, it looks like it will be a typical Monday for me.:perplexed (Unless it starts back up tonight:grin:)

Yesterday I mentioned that I did my niece's hair (natural). She's 9, makes fun of me because she says I'm obsessed with hair LOL and gave me a hard time when I put her under the steamer. She also gave me a hard time about being under the hair dryer.

I dc'd, steamed for 20 minutes, rollerset and flatironed her hair. After I flatironed she told me she hated her V in the back so I cut about an inch and made it blunt cut. Yeah she's 9 but she's gangsta LOL and has no problem telling me what she wants.

picture.php

I dc'd, steamed and rollerset my sister's hair (natural). She's a member here but mostly lurks. She had a baby in July and has a problem with shedding. I steamed and when I rinsed out her hair she immediately noticed less hair in the comb. So I told her to come over and use my steamer. Yeah we checked salonsrus and noticed the crazy waiting period for a steamer. I think its April now.

Here's my sis after I flatironed her hair.

picture.php

^^^^^^^^^

You're a Wonderful Sis & Aunt BMaria!:grin:

Lugging that stuff all over town.:look:

You did a Great Job.:yep: Thanks for Sharing.

Yeah I took all my products over her house. They know that this is fun for me. I showed my sis the bottle of KBB I got from eisani and she was like "KBB who?" and I showed her the DC I made and she was like how the heck did you do that? She was so confused LOL We always talk hair for hours, but I'm on a MIT level and she's on a community college level ahahaha My sister and I transitioned at the same time and I did her BC. I am going to do my DD's hair in a few hours. The irony is that right now my hair is a HAM LOL If you saw me right now you'd do a double take.

BTW I was just watching the Curl Confidence commercial by Ouidad and I was like this :lick: I want it! but I know better. My hair is ghetto and only likes cheap black gel.

I used up three products today I mix/rinse ayurveda powders with cheapie conditioner. Steaming with AOWC, honey, sunsilk.

Back