Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Yeah I took all my products over her house. They know that this is fun for me. I showed my sis the bottle of KBB I got from eisani and she was like "KBB who?" and I showed her the DC I made and she was like how the heck did you do that? She was so confused LOL We always talk hair for hours, but I'm on a MIT level and she's on a community college level ahahaha My sister and I transitioned at the same time and I did her BC. I am going to do my DD's hair in a few hours. The irony is that right now my hair is a HAM LOL If you saw me right now you'd do a double take.

BTW I was just watching the Curl Confidence commercial by Ouidad and I was like this :lick: I want it! but I know better. My hair is ghetto and only likes cheap black gel.

:lachen::lachen:Even on the MIT Level, at least they know you know Yo' Stuff Professor!

That's why it's good we have this Forum, so we can all matriculate to the MIT Level.

I used up three products today I mix/rinse ayurveda powders with cheapie conditioner. Steaming with AOWC, honey, sunsilk.

Great job LTown. That's my Goal/Plan too. Is to KIM until I see a significant reduction.:yep:

hi ladies! *waves*

I have not forgotten my "home", just been in OT laughing @/with lamara, robot and their friends. lol. To speak of hard proteins, am i the only one afraid of them? i'm relaxed (transitioning?), but had a bad experience with trying to have a "protein" week. NOT AGAIN. Also, I've read that relaxed hair weighs down your new growth a bit, making your curls seem different. But, in my head, i think the new growth is winning. Is it possible to have new growth that is not disturbed by relaxed ends? also, how do you ladies get good pics? i cant take a good hair pic for nada. thanks!

keep warm and safe ladies!

I shingled my hair today with ecostyler, I used Knot Today as a leave in. My curls are popping like whoa :rofl:I might just have to save KCCC for special occasions. I'll let you girls know how it looks and feels when dry.

oh yeah, lamara...the nail advice will be needed soon. i havent had time to get my supplies right, so i want to make sure i come correct before i ask the guru more questions. :)

hi ladies! *waves*

I have not forgotten my "home", just been in OT laughing @/with lamara, robot and their friends. lol. To speak of hard proteins, am i the only one afraid of them? i'm relaxed (transitioning?), but had a bad experience with trying to have a "protein" week. NOT AGAIN. Also, I've read that relaxed hair weighs down your new growth a bit, making your curls seem different. But, in my head, i think the new growth is winning. Is it possible to have new growth that is not disturbed by relaxed ends? also, how do you ladies get good pics? i cant take a good hair pic for nada. thanks!

keep warm and safe ladies!

You should try something 'light' like a Giovanni Nutra-Fix. There are many 'lightweight' proteins/reconstructors that you may be able to incorporate into your Regimen without worries. Ion Effective Care also makes a good one.:yep:

You don't necessarily have to use a Hard Protein to incorporate a nice balance of protein into your regimen. Although, I would, personally still recommend one at least every 6-8 weeks.:yep:

I am relaxed also (basically texlaxed because I can never self process completely straight:perplexed) and I incorporate a weekly reconstructor into my routine.

Abba has a nice lightweight one. You could try SheScentit Fortifying Mask and others that will give you what you 'need' w/o fear.:look:

You Must, Must, Must Balance that Protein by Following up with Moisture

thanks T! *kisses* i make a mixture with aphogee 2min with moisture dc and oils that i use every week. that was working fine, but noooooo, i had to go experiment. girl, ima stick to my aphogee. do you think that mill creeks henna, keratin, or biotin can be used as a lightweight protein *scratches head*? i think they also led me to overload, as i was using them to cowash. and i used banana baby food (thanks La) and loved it. as you can tell, idk what to do with myself. lol

I think I may have broken my big toe on my good foot, thereby making it my bad foot, and what used to be my bad foot is now my good foot. It isnt even that good though!!

So if you see a black chick limping down an aisle of conditioner thats just me:lachen:. Just walk on by.

All this happened because I was sniffing a bottle of conditioner and wasnt paying attention to where I was walking.:ohwell: Let this be a lesson to all PJs.

Last edited:
thanks T! *kisses* i make a mixture with aphogee 2min with moisture dc and oils that i use every week. that was working fine, but noooooo, i had to go experiment. girl, ima stick to my aphogee. do you think that mill creeks henna, keratin, or biotin can be used as a lightweight protein *scratches head*? i think they also led me to overload, as i was using them to cowash. and i used banana baby food (thanks La) and loved it. as you can tell, idk what to do with myself. lol

You should be fine with your mixture.:grin: Always strive to find that perfect "Balance" of Protein & Moisture for Your Hair. And that's a delicate 'Scale' to Balance.

As long as you don't leave it on too long @bolded and always follow up with moisture, you should be fine.:yep:

I love Millcreek Keratin and the Biotin.

I feel most people run into 'product' trouble when they try to make it be/do something it was not intended to do/be. And question, where things went wrong.:perplexed

And, they don't follow directions: for example, I slept in product XYZ now my hair is dry or mushy, or brittle or breaking etc......I left product XYZ in for 6 Hours.......

People run into difficulties when they don't use common sense with certain products. (Like Me and that Cinnamon Oil) I didn't read the 'Directions' applied it wrong and ended up with::burn:

When I went back and read the directions, I should have applied it with a Cottonball or Q-tip and NOT like I applied it.:nono:

You got to listen to and know your hair.

That protein treatment was much needed. No little broken hairs :yay:

I was afraid to do another heavy protein treatment. About 6 months ago I did one and made the mistake of following Aphogee 2 step's instructions (comb mt hair while the stuff was in my hair) and I suffered breakage.

This time I did not comb my hair at all and it's doing great! Dcing now!

Last edited:
I think I may have broken my big toe on my good foot, thereby making it my bad foot, and what used to be my bad foot is now my good foot. It isnt even that good though!!

So if you see a black chick limping down an aisle of conditioner thats just me:lachen:. Just walk on by.

All this happened because I was sniffing a bottle of conditioner and wasnt paying attention to where I was walking.:ohwell: Let this be a lesson to all PJs.

Oh noooooes! I hope your foot's ok. Did you at least buy the conditioner? Which was it :look:

I'm sleepy. No hair plans, but I've come to the realization that my hair is getting even thicker and becoming more and more difficult to smooth into a bun unless it's soaking wet. SIGH. I need a nap but black folks act like today is a national holiday and want all kinds of food and drinks made :rolleyes: I still have two assignments due. Ay Dios mio.

I'm sleepy. No hair plans, but I've come to the realization that my hair is getting even thicker and becoming more and more difficult to smooth into a bun unless it's soaking wet. SIGH. I need a nap but black folks act like today is a national holiday and want all kinds of food and drinks made :rolleyes: I still have two assignments due. Ay Dios mio.

Chile You Betta' Get them Snacks Fixed for SuperBowl Sunday! ! !

*what you makin'*:lick:

I've not done a hard protein treatment in ages (about a year) but I kinda think I should do one before my next touch up, but I'm a bit apprehensive to do it now! I do think my hair is stronger through the weekly protein treatments I do though, it's not broke so perhaps I shouldn't be trying to fix it!? :ohwell:

I went back through and read your combination again.......:look:

What was your Rationale for using the JC Revitalizing Leave-In? What were you looking for that to do?

1. Mask the smell
2. Some conditioning benefits, watering it down.

The proteins stank! Just like the aphogee!

Oh noooooes! I hope your foot's ok. Did you at least buy the conditioner? Which was it :look:

Nope, didnt buy any. This happened in my room, so its not even like I could have benefited from it. Even when I went to Rite Aid for a first aid kit I looked in the aisle and saw that I had everything that was on sale.

I was sniffing a bottle of Suave White Cherry Blossom:lick: when it all went down:lachen::lachen:.

I've not done a hard protein treatment in ages (about a year) but I kinda think I should do one before my next touch up, but I'm a bit apprehensive to do it now! I do think my hair is stronger through the weekly protein treatments I do though, it's not broke so perhaps I shouldn't be trying to fix it!? :ohwell:

Tee: What would you catagorize our Wella Keratin Oil Treatment as? The only 'Hard Protein' I use (and the jury is still out on this one) is Nexxus Emergencee. *there is discussion/debate whether a Polymeric mimics a protein etc......*

I do have Keraphix, and Joico K-Pak and (many) others, but consider them as a Medium Protein Treatment. I do use a Reconstructor Weekly.:yep:

The F. Fekkai, do you consider as Lightweight?

Warning this will be a marathon post because my power was off for nearly 24 hours and cable came back on back 1 hour after that. My cable and internet provider are one in the same.

WNS, how do you Jasmine's shea butter rinse. I plan on using it as a leave in/styling product.
I use it as a cowash.

For Me, Those "Gallons" would definitely have to be broken down into manageable sizes.:rolleyes:
This is exactly what I do. I just keep old smaller containers.

is hairveda's moist condition pro a MILD protein?
Yes, it's like AOGPB. It is a balance of protein and moisture.

DMV, ladies are you all dug out? I shovel incremental during the course of the snow fall, it was hard. It just too much snow unbelieveable. I'm hoping they close the government but doubtful they'll give us unschedule leave. I want free time off.
Not even attempted to do it yet. I will go down to do it tomorrow. Arlington County is closed tomorrow.

So what's going on with the snow ladies, are you guys unable to go to work? Sounds good to me! :grin:
Imma bout to do my hair now the power is back on.

Also, I've read that relaxed hair weighs down your new growth a bit, making your curls seem different. also, how do you ladies get good pics? i cant take a good hair pic for nada. thanks!
I cut a small section on the front and side of my hair so I could really see my curl pattern. Also I wanted to know what I would truly be dealing with before fully becoming natural. The trick is remembering where you cut too so you can see how it grows. Yeah um I didn't do this so I have no idea where those spots are now :look::nono:. What I noticed is in both sections when cut the wavy hair got more defined and the coil coiled tighter.

I rarely take pics so if you see a pic from me it took a looooooooooong time. Sorry I can't help you with that.

Well it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

thanks shay! you always have good answers. im scared to cut because i definitely dont want to bc, and that would tempt me so much. i have to figure something out. do you recognize your pattern becoming frizzy or undefined as days post-wash pass?

Shay:wave:: Glad you're back On! Hope everything is fine. I'd be going crazy w/o Power for 24 hours.:cry2: (I guess it coulda' been worse).

At Least you have an extra Day tomorrow.:hug3:

Back