Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Whats the expiration date of your gallon of WDT? TIA

I bought it in March of 09, it didn't have an expiration date or anything, but it does have preservatives (Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, and Diazolidinyl Urea) so it should last a while. I checked her website and it said nothing anywhere about an expiration date for any of her products.

I bought it in March of 09, it didn't have an expiration date or anything, but it does have preservatives (Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, and Diazolidinyl Urea) so it should last a while. I checked her website and it said nothing anywhere about an expiration date for any of her products.

FAQ
Hi Jess,
I have quite the supply of Jessicurl products (very happy about that!) and I was just wondering if I needed to worry about them going bad. My stash (several bottles/jars of each!) includes Hair Cleansing Cream, Aloeba, Too Shea!, Gelebration, Rockin' Ringlets, Weekly DT, Confident Coils, and Oil Blend for Softer Hair. :)

Just wondering if there is an overall shelf life or individual shelf lives depending on the product. If so, can you please tell me what those time frames are?

The preservative I use should keep the unopened products fresh for about 2 years. Once opened, it's important to keep the lids and caps tightly closed when not in use, and it's also important not to let any water get into the products once they are open. Once opened they should last a year, assuming the above practices are followed.

^^ Girl that Jessi Curl is the ish! I made sure not to use any leave-ins or nothing so I could test how it worked in my hair alone. David was all playin in my hair! This joint is amazing! Thank you :)

^^ Girl that Jessi Curl is the ish! I made sure not to use any leave-ins or nothing so I could test how it worked in my hair alone. David was all playin in my hair! This joint is amazing! Thank you :)
:look:Adding this to my list to try.

I love the shea butter rinse!
I just went on and ordered it a few minutes ago.
What are you looking at? I'm interested in the Shea Yogurt Moisturizer, Hair Perfume, Shine Crave Glosser, and Honey Sage DC. I'm resisting the Lemongrass Leave In and Cowash Me Conditioner bc I do not need anymore leave ins or cowash conditioners :nono:.

I think you said you've been using the Hydrasilica and maybe Juices & Berries this winter. Are you using them on wet or dry hair?

Eisani--Where did you end up buying your btms?

I haven't replaced my Taliah W mist or my temples & edges balm yet. For some reason I don't feel in a rush.
I bit the bullet and ordered from Texasnaturals

Ok, I did a weee bit of shopping this morning. I hit up Nunuloveshandmade on Etsy and took advantage of her sale so I got 1 Harlem and something else hair oil (sad, forgot the name already) and the Spilled Milk moisturizer. This will be my first time trying anything from this line. I also hit Jasmines and ordered 4 more shea souffles, 2 avocado & silk conditioners, the hair bath, and the shea butter cream rinse. That's it for today.

i LOVE the avocado silk conditioner and the shea butter rinse.
Eisani, the Babassu conditioner worked like a dream when you sold me yours. When I bought it from Dana it didn't work at all. I wonder if I could've salvaged it with some panthenol. Oh well.

Just saying hi. I'm hitting the sack now. I was working all day with no break and barely peeked in on this website. I'm trying to curb my PJism and my posting here when I know I gotta get some done :grin: Not that I want to leave the same (that'll never happen) just need to post when my work is done.

Tomorrow I'm bringing my steamer and the DC I made to my sister's house. I'm gonna rollerset her hair and my niece's hair. I accidentally burned my soft bonnet dryer :blush: but I went on Craig's list and found one for $75 bucks! Its a nice dryer too. Some salon was selling their stuff. Its better than spending $350 on a Pibbs.
Oooh, great idea to search Craig's for a dryer! I thought about you while on Jasmine's today and ordered one of my shea souffles in ice cream cake. I wonder if she changed something in the Babassu conditioner between the time I ordered and when you did. Panthenol usually makes anything better lol!

After I try Jasmine's Conditioners I will decide if I will give Shescentit the boot. I love that Jasmine does salon sizes, and that her conditioners are affordable and customizable with the scents. I was down with Shescentit mostly for the variety of DC's she has.

I thought this was PJ support, heck with everyone using and trying different product it more of PJ pusha:lachen: Now I got to look at Jasmine and Jessicurl for my new natural curlies:lick:

Send me an empty jar :look:
Thanks Lamara. Can you shoot me a PM with your address please? I can't PM you.

I ordered the shea butter rinse from Jasmine's last night but I am thinking about going back and ordering the avocado and silk conditioner today. I wish I would have just gone ahead and ordered everything at once. :nono:

Thanks Lamara. Can you shoot me a PM with your address please? I can't PM you.

I ordered the shea butter rinse from Jasmine's last night but I am thinking about going back and ordering the avocado and silk conditioner today. I wish I would have just gone ahead and ordered everything at once. :nono:

Girl thats what I did. I got:

Shea Butter Conditioning Cream Rinse $ 2.00
Ultra Nourishing Conditioner $ 3.00
Intense Reconstructing Hair Treatment $ 10.00
Babassu Butter Cream Organic Conditioner $ 3.00
Avocado and Silk Conditioner $ 3.00

It's cheaper to get (2) 2 ounce samples then to get a 4 ounce.

Question for my fellow PJ's...
Are you guys washing your hair every day to get rid of your stash?

I am not, I wash once a week and try to use up things then. I am SOOOO greatful for my boys and their desire to clean their hair 2-3 times a week with shampoo and conditioner. They are funny, lets just say that my stash is dwindling.

Almost gone is

Nexxus Therapee
Nexxus Humectress
HE HH conditioner 40 oz.
HE HH Shampoo 40 oz.

These don't have a month left in them, maybe a week or 2. :D

Then I must remember to not buy them conditioner, because I have several V05's that need to used up! I forgot this time around!

I bought a hand band this month $3.00 out of my $28

I know for sure this month I am taking advantage of Sally's deal on Ion Clarifying shampoo 2/$14 since I am using this atleast once a month for clarifying :)

I don't think there is any other needs in my stash. STILL waiting for my steamer, It is becoming :pray::pullhair: I just want the UPS man to come to my door! My dates keep getting pushed and pushed and pushed! Hopefully this is the last. I am anticipating all that Moisture :D

I just had to add, Ladies who have the Steamers I saw the Microfiber, terry Headband at the Dollar tree, I picked one up. :) just thought I'd pass that along!

Last month my hubby got me some Yes to Carrots Mask that was my way of tricking my budget LOL, anywho, I got this to get under the Steamer. I want a good Moisture DC for the Steamer and I will start with this one. It is on sale at Walgreens until tomorrow.

Question for my fellow PJ's...
Are you guys washing your hair every day to get rid of your stash?

Once a Week for me too.:yep:

The Great thing for me has been, entirely finishing up one product before moving on to the next. And Opening Up something else.

That can be so overwhelming. Having 5-10 DC's all opened at once. I won't do that again. I'll open no more than 2:look: at a time.:grin:

I can really see this working wonders for me in 2010 to decrease my Ginormous Stash.

And........it gives me a great chance to truly evaluate what I am using.:yep:

I already know next wash day, I will be using up 1-2 more items.

You know the funny thing is that I have used less things and My hair is just as happy. I only use the Hair One Jojoba and Aussie 3 minute. At this point I find myself trying to simplify most of the month and then when I clarify I do my deep moisture and deep proteins.

Interesting.............:brainy:

LOL, u always make me laugh, LOL

Well I do DC once a week with a Moisturizing DC (Aussie 3 minute I don't consider this deeeep though but I guess it could be, maybe, nah!) and Protein as needed, just my hair is acting better so Last year every condition was Aphogee 2 minute and Silk Elements megasilk. My hair was in top condition, no shedding, no breakage, silk and butter feel. While I love the feeling, I wanted to try to simplify. So The aussie isn't as heavy but it moisturizes a bit.

:)
Once I get my steamer this might change! LOL!!!!

So is your Delivery Date still the 12th?:look:

The date moved (again) (Again) (Again), another LHCF member said 15th, but the website says 2/21, So I am just hoping it comes yesterday or tomorrow. Otherwise I hope I do get it before the 21st. Mark said there was was a delay with the Manufacter :( that is why it is late.

The date moved (again) (Again) (Again), another LHCF member said 15th, but the website says 2/21, So I am just hoping it comes yesterday or tomorrow. Otherwise I hope I do get it before the 21st. Mark said there was was a delay with the Manufacter :( that is why it is late.

Girl, when you do get it Imma :dance7:
I may have to Steam Too to Celebrate with you!:dance7:

My hair is finally long enough for me to comfortably put my hair in a bun!!!!!! Now I can alternate buns with twists!

Back