Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Hi everyone:look:, i feel like a stranger in my own house:lachen:. Anyway for the prettywrap crew, im thinking of trying the satin sakk this time. Its $19.99 with $2 something shipping, not bad. I love the pretty wrap but it does not hold up over time, i think its been like 6 to 8 months and they are wore out. When i purchase it i will wear it for a while and do a review.

I haven't used up anything else yet but its on its way. Tonight i will wash with elucence, mbc, dc with olive butter and goat milk. Moisturize with tw mist and jbco.

Here is the satin sakk link http://www.satinsakks.com/

Disclaimer, i have never purchased from this company before. Sometimes i like to step out the crowd and try something that has never really been discussed. So if you order, do it with caution like any online transactions.

Last edited:
Eta nevermind about the satinsakks the search continues, they don't use paypal and im not buying from vendors any longer who don't have paypal.

I just clarified and did a second lather with elucence. My hair is acting really nasty so I hope clarifying helps. I watched a french braid tutorial on YT and I will try that in the morning.

What are good DC's from Jasmines? What about styling products? I am looking more for styling products and I am not going to be able to fool with KBB, I just can't do it.

Oh! I'm just seeing this! Here you go love :)

IMG_0951.jpg

ETA: Just took another pic, this is what's left. It'll soon be gone :rolleyes:

IMG_0998.jpg

long arse neck having bottle :rofl:

You should do a video for your review and give me a shout out :look: I've never got a shout out on youtube before . . .

If anyone else wanted to try this please mail me some empty jars and I'll fill them for you!

Girl when does this joint expire?

^^ I personally love the Avocado & Silk conditioner. I like it to dc and as a leave in. I like one of her leave ins too, just can't remember the name. I keep reading good things about the shea butter rinse, but I don't remember trying that one.

I love the shea butter rinse!

^^ I personally love the Avocado & Silk conditioner. I like it to dc and as a leave in. I like one of her leave ins too, just can't remember the name. I keep reading good things about the shea butter rinse, but I don't remember trying that one.

shay im interested in the shea yogurt moisturizer and the deep conditioner. but idk, im kinda weirded out with buying stuff like this. i know its a new up and coming brand but it just looks so......cheap(i know, i know. im so sorry i said that but i couldnt think of another word :blush:)

Che--:lachen: It does look cheap but for some reason it doesn't bother me. Even the site doesn't bother me. Her stuff doesn't sound like everything else out there so that's what I like about it. I hope I don't fall in love because I can't get with an 8 oz dc.

Once I finish with AOHSR I will be in the market for another dc bc then I will only be alternating between Sitrinillah and WDT. I wish Qhem would come on :wallbash:.

shay im interested in the shea yogurt moisturizer and the deep conditioner. but idk, im kinda weirded out with buying stuff like this. i know its a new up and coming brand but it just looks so......cheap(i know, i know. im so sorry i said that but i couldnt think of another word :blush:)

i want the shea yogurt moisturizer and the shine glaze thing. i'll get those once i'm out of these braids.

i LOVE the avocado silk conditioner and the shea butter rinse.
Eisani, the Babassu conditioner worked like a dream when you sold me yours. When I bought it from Dana it didn't work at all. I wonder if I could've salvaged it with some panthenol. Oh well.

Just saying hi. I'm hitting the sack now. I was working all day with no break and barely peeked in on this website. I'm trying to curb my PJism and my posting here when I know I gotta get some done :grin: Not that I want to leave the same (that'll never happen) just need to post when my work is done.

Tomorrow I'm bringing my steamer and the DC I made to my sister's house. I'm gonna rollerset her hair and my niece's hair. I accidentally burned my soft bonnet dryer :blush: but I went on Craig's list and found one for $75 bucks! Its a nice dryer too. Some salon was selling their stuff. Its better than spending $350 on a Pibbs.

Last edited:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Some people would literally push their own grandmothers down an escalator to have those kinds of problems. SMH!!

And I know you didn't ask me, but if she realllyyy hates it that much, maybe you guys should let her get it cut a little bit...like up to WL or MBL. I can understand how HL would be too much for some people. And sometimes, longer hair can be detrimental to facial bone structure, so who knows? She may actually look prettier with a little less hair.

If ya'll do cut it...please make a lace front for me? Thanks. :look:

LOL at the bolded :lachen:

I had a talk with her today. I flatironed her hair a few days ago and I guess people have been asking her if she's wearing a weave and buggin her :rolleyes: I get it now. She's a shy girl and I think this is bringing negative attention. I'm going to take her to a salon to get her hair cut BSL, I'll ask my DH of course. When I met her she was only 6 yrs old and had very long hair so this is something she's used to. I've been bald and back :grin: so I know the value of having long hair. Anyway I think BSL would be like 6 inches gone (oh my heart) but she wants it SL :nono: so we can compromise. She said to me "Maria, either let me cut it to my shoulders or let me dye it blue" Gee what choices. I GUESS I'll go with blue :grin:

Later on today I am going to finish up my 32 oz Suave Humectant, the rest of a bottle of V05 and anything else lying around that is open. I think I will try to deplete my stash as much as possible this weekend. I plan on getting some work done for school while letting all the good stuff marinate on my head all day.

Later on today I am going to finish up my 32 oz Suave Humectant, the rest of a bottle of V05 and anything else lying around that is open. I think I will try to deplete my stash as much as possible this weekend. I plan on getting some work done for school while letting all the good stuff marinate on my head all day.

Question for my fellow PJ's...
Are you guys washing your hair every day to get rid of your stash?

Nope, its too cold and windy. Lake affect snow is no joke but I try to do it at least twice a week. Yesterday I washed my hair before a night class, just cuz I was bored. Here I am showing up for a 6 o clock class with my hair soaking wet...smelling like strawberries and cream:lachen:.

I'm not using stuff up quickly anymore either, washing once a week. But, I gotta do what my hair wants, I guess.

I won't be using anything up this week, unfortunately. I'm about to DC with some Banana Brulee but thats a brand new jar. I hope I get good moisture with it.

i might take these twists out on monday for a twist out. im bored with them already. and i want to use my kbb hair butter. so i think i will remove these on monday, wear a twist out and then rebraid in the middle of the week using kbb.

I cowashing everyother day, and to use up some stash it was suggest to prepoo/dc on dry hair because you use up more. I workout and sweat in my head first so it has benefit me washing everyother day.

With my next wash tomorrow I will finish my Burt's Bees Avocado pre shampoo treatment. It was okay but nothing to write home about, will not repurchase. I will also finish my Biolage Hydratherapie will be repurchasing that!

Last edited:

When I had 3 hair days--1 wash, 2 cowash--I was using up a ton of product. Now I'm down to 2 days a week--1 wash, 1 cowash--not so much. Come March I will up cowashing to every other day so I will use up some stuff.

im starting to not like the way my hair is feeling. i still have not moisturized. i thought the oilyness would have gone away by not but it hasnt. if i touch my twists i get oil on my hair. i dont like that. i did my hair tuesday night and its still oily????? thats crazy. i overdid it with the karkady mist.

whenever im able to get home the only thing on my mind will be hitting the sheets and getting some sleep. but when i finally do wash and deep condition my hair i think i will use shescentit fortafying mask.

Back