Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

There's nothing worse than being tired at work; the day seems to go by so slowly too. Fortunately I'm at home now! :grin:

Does anyone here twist dry?

And Lamaravilla, what is your daily hairstyle?

Every Sunday, after deep conditioning, I apply my leave in and styling product then I do those finger coil things all over. Then I just refresh it with water and some styling product every morning. It lasts all week surprisingly.

I can't do twists yet, they don't look right :look:

I received my package from Jasmines today. I ordered the nourishing hair bath shampoo, avocado and silk shampoo and her face scrub.

boston maria can you post a link to your yt? i want to see your conditioner mixes!

I don't have my conditioner mixes on Youtube, but I get the recipes from Revive UK: http://www.youtube.com/user/ReviveUK
Look through her videos and you'll find tons of recipes. I tend to tweak my recipes when I don't have all the ingredients she has. I also bought her book, which is on her site http://www.reviveholisticbeauty.com/ which I'm a member of. I only paid like $3 bucks for the recipe book.

BostonMaria, do you do twist out if so what product do you use?

I don't know how to do twist outs. I tried once and it ended up looking like the Shirley Temple twists I do on my granddaughter. Cute on her, not so much on me LOL :grin:

True, or looking at pictures of busted hairstyles or busted hair in general, these next few months, thats my tag:ohwell: I have noticed that when there is a crisis, hair or otherwise everyone helps out which is a great thing.

Yes this forum is great for that in supporting others in a crisis, but equally some folks can get carried away with the nastiness too. I've seen a few of those 'youtube response' videos now and I'm sure this latest one won't be the last. :nono:

I don't have my conditioner mixes on Youtube, but I get the recipes from Revive UK: http://www.youtube.com/user/ReviveUK
Look through her videos and you'll find tons of recipes. I tend to tweak my recipes when I don't have all the ingredients she has. I also bought her book, which is on her site http://www.reviveholisticbeauty.com/ which I'm a member of. I only paid like $3 bucks for the recipe book.

I don't know how to do twist outs. I tried once and it ended up looking like the Shirley Temple twists I do on my granddaughter. Cute on her, not so much on me LOL :grin:

I'm trying to get a feel of twist out on someone that have 3b/3c like me. I'm newly natural and during my transition twist/braidout sucked and still do. There was a thread on 3's and everyone have said the same thing you have. thanks

Does anyone here twist dry?

And Lamaravilla, what is your daily hairstyle?
i twist damp or dry. i prefer dry.

last night i misted my hair with qhemet karkady mist and then twisted my hair with the heavy cream. my hair looks so darn good. i hate to brag:rolleyes: but it really does look nice.
what i hate though is that that mist is oily and my hands where so nasty while doing my hair. but my hair is so shiny and soft and i really dont have to moisturize until maybe friday(but i will anyway).
oh and i used the amla pomade on my scalp and i really like it. it must be a lot of coconut oil in it because it melts so fast. at first it looked just like hairveda almond glaze because it was hard from being outside but now it is no soggy.

Yes this forum is great for that in supporting others in a crisis, but equally some folks can get carried away with the nastiness too. I've seen a few of those 'youtube response' videos now and I'm sure this latest one won't be the last. :nono:

yes, I read one where people were talking about the lady's doors being brown or something. SMH.

Anyway, in the spirit of this thread, you all were right, I have bought enough hair stuff to last me a year!! I am awating AO stuff, I have lots of leave in, enough stuff for DC and moistures, I have QP stuff with Mango, boxes, oils, shower caps, a new pillow for my behind whilst sitting under the steamer. PLUS the best thing is 8 doors down from PAKs a new store has opened and it sells things like Miziani (sp) lots of products available in the USA, now in the UK:spinning: This is dangerous, grow hair grow then I can treat you right :grin:

i think the next deep conditioner im going to try and use up is shescentit fortafying mask. i remember it was ok on my relaxed hair but i havent used it since being natural.

yes, I read one where people were talking about the lady's doors being brown or something. SMH.

Yeah I noticed this - totally unnecessary and out of order! :rolleyes:

Anyway, in the spirit of this thread, you all were right, I have bought enough hair stuff to last me a year!! I am awating AO stuff, I have lots of leave in, enough stuff for DC and moistures, I have QP stuff with Mango, boxes, oils, shower caps, a new pillow for my behind whilst sitting under the steamer. PLUS the best thing is 8 doors down from PAKs a new store has opened and it sells things like Miziani (sp) lots of products available in the USA, now in the UK:spinning: This is dangerous, grow hair grow then I can treat you right :grin:

Oooohhhhh what shop is this you speak of, is this the Paks in Finsbury Park? Is that My Hair & Beauty? If so I discovered that long time! :lachen: I bought my huge tub of Mizani relaxer there for £36 that I used once. :perplexed
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=199194

the AO silver lining is that I contacted AO and they have agreed to swop the shampoo HSR I ordered for the Camila Con. So I have just the island set, AO HSR Con and Camilia Con and that is it!!! I am not spending a penny more!!!!

I'm trying to get a feel of twist out on someone that have 3b/3c like me. I'm newly natural and during my transition twist/braidout sucked and still do. There was a thread on 3's and everyone have said the same thing you have. thanks
ltown, I am not sure what my type is, probably a 3b/3c mix. Twist outs DO NOT work for me at all. It may be more that my hair is very fine and thin and its just not a good look.

i think the next deep conditioner im going to try and use up is shescentit fortafying mask. i remember it was ok on my relaxed hair but i havent used it since being natural.
I like this conditioner Che:grin:

the AO silver lining is that I contacted AO and they have agreed to swop the shampoo HSR I ordered for the Camila Con. So I have just the island set, AO HSR Con and Camilia Con and that is it!!! I am not spending a penny more!!!!

Good girl! AO is a great place to start your HHJ too!! :grin:

Oooohhhhh what shop is this you speak of, is this the Paks in Finsbury Park? Is that My Hair & Beauty? If so I discovered that long time! :lachen: I bought my huge tub of Mizani relaxer there for £36 that I used once. :perplexed

Yes, that is the shop:lachen: I thought I had found a new thing!!! I am not going to tell you to use all the Mizani to get your money's worth:nono: Your hair condition comes first!

Yes, that is the shop:lachen: I thought I had found a new thing!!! I am not going to tell you to use all the Mizani to get your money's worth:nono: Your hair condition comes first!

If it had been anything else I would have used it up, I just don't think my hair liked the lye relaxers so I went back to no lye.

I was on the Chanel website today looking at this seasons bags, they have new ones out with some beautiful charms on it - so gorgeous! I went onto the purse forum and nearly died at the pics - I've got to stay away from that forum it's too dangerous! :nono:

Thanks, I got scared, someone started a post and just a few hours before I had already ordered the shampoo and everyone said it was naff!! So luckily I changed the order!!:yep:

That's the thing you've got to get used to on here you will have x amount of people happily endorsing a product but then you may have the same number of people criticising it, that's why it can be overwhelming and confusing to know where to start, but like I say, AO is extremely good imo. :)

If it had been anything else I would have used it up, I just don't think my hair liked the lye relaxers so I went back to no lye.

I was on the Chanel website today looking at this seasons bags, they have new ones out with some beautiful charms on it - so gorgeous! I went onto the purse forum and nearly died at the pics - I've got to stay away from that forum it's too dangerous! :nono:

This is where I go wrong, the old me would have used it up, relaxed my cats hairs (I dont have one) anything just to use it up, your doing the right thing, that is why you have lovely hair.

As for bags, I have to buy 2 (H and BV) this year and then I am done for 2010, seriously, they are just so pretty, the prices are really shocking though:rolleyes: Every year, price increase!!!

That's the thing you've got to get used to on here you will have x amount of people happily endorsing a product but then you may have the same number of people criticising it, that's why it can be overwhelming and confusing to know where to start, but like I say, AO is extremely good imo. :)

That is true, I have been here a short while and honestly my hair feels stronger and is ever so slightly thicker, I cannot complain, its thanks to the ladies that gave me advice that I have not gone running to get a weave again:yep:

This is where I go wrong, the old me would have used it up, relaxed my cats hairs (I dont have one) anything just to use it up, your doing the right thing, that is why you have lovely hair.

As for bags, I have to buy 2 (H and BV) this year and then I am done for 2010, seriously, they are just so pretty, the prices are really shocking though:rolleyes: Every year, price increase!!!

Thanks hun :)

The thing is about the designer bags is once you start it's very hard to go back to high street bags. :perplexed

All my bags are in black, and I would really like some colours now. Thinking about a cream 2.55 this year...

Back