Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I now have the steamer, all different kinds of shampoos,cons, oils and leave ins etc and some AO on the way, a new chair to sit in for the steamer, but I have a problem!!!!!!!

You know when you do box braids, for some reason I have about 1 inch of hair around the box braids, its like I have the 5 inch plait but now have loose hair around them. My DH thinks I should cut my hair so that it is the same length as the 1 inch hair around the box braids, but I think its a bit extreme or is this the BC!!!!! What do you think??

I want to wash my hair tonight, but my scalp is still HURTING from that sew in weave I got. It was soooo hard to take out because some of my hair was sewn into the weave :nono:!!!! If my SO wasnt there to help me, I would have BC'ed with the quickness to get that hair out of my head. No more weaves for me.

will washing my hair help my scalp to stop hurting or should I leave it alone for a while?

^^ Ok, my hair is pretty much busted and from experience, if your scalp is hurting from sew ins thats not a good sign, can you loose them at all. Maybe moisture, hopefully one of the experienced people will be able to help.

Sorry re read, you have taken the weave out now, good, maybe not touching it for a few hours and then adding some castor oil? again the experts will be able to help.

can anyone tell me, does qhemet heavy cream turn green over time? you know like hairveda whipped gelly is white and then turns pink?
my qhemet heavy cream is light green and the one i got in the mail today is white.

I got it done on Saturday and took it out yesterday (Monday). My scalp feels a lot better but it still hurts in some areas. Its a really sharp pain. Im really glad I didnt put up with the pain and took it out immediately. I cant imagine what it would have been like if I left it in for a whole month. Two days was more than enough. Never again!

^^ Ok, my hair is pretty much busted and from experience, if your scalp is hurting from sew ins thats not a good sign, can you loose them at all. Maybe moisture, hopefully one of the experienced people will be able to help.

can anyone tell me, does qhemet heavy cream turn green over time? you know like hairveda whipped gelly is white and then turns pink?
my qhemet heavy cream is light green and the one i got in the mail today is white.

I don't know, I would post that in the Qhemet thread and see what she says.

I want to wash my hair tonight, but my scalp is still HURTING from that sew in weave I got. It was soooo hard to take out because some of my hair was sewn into the weave :nono:!!!! If my SO wasnt there to help me, I would have BC'ed with the quickness to get that hair out of my head. No more weaves for me.

will washing my hair help my scalp to stop hurting or should I leave it alone for a while?

I wouldn't use any kind of shampoo, maybe just cowash. Preferably I would take a heavy oil and massage the scalp, sleep on it, then cowash tomorrow.

What do you think about WEN?
Never tried Wen but I brought Sally version of it Hair one in cucumber. You have to pump it too many times to get a good amount to wash our hair. It has a little tingle, cost $10.

Wen
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils

Hair one
Cucumber Aloe Hair One INGREDIENTS: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearly Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Glycerine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol (and) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Menthol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, BHT, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Polysorbate 60, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA,1,2 Hexanediol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance

Che, that doesn't sound right. I would contact Qhem about that.

Do you guys think I need to do a BC, if my box braids are scatty around the edges?? That is the best way I can describe it. Help please...

Okay its not just me then. I have one green one and one white one. With mine the smell isn't off. They both smell the same.

Che, that doesn't sound right. I would contact Qhem about that.
She's really responsive in her thread in the vendors/sellers forum you can post in there.

I finished a mahabhrinraj (sp?) on Sunday. I have another one but I won't repurchase because I really don't see any benefits.

shay, my green one doesnt smell the same as my white one. it doesnt smelll like it has gone bad but the lemon smell isnt there. i did as in her vendors thread. she thanked my post but didnt reply lmao.

@shopgalore...i agree with mkd, I would need to see a pic. it just sounds like your braids are getting a bit old? where is this hair coming from? maybe it's just time to redo them?

I want to take my twists out so I can wash my hair.

I put them in on Saturday and I am trying to make it a whole week. I noticed that when i wear mini twists the smaller they are the more prone they are to locing up- but i hate chunky twists. I don't have enough hair to make it look good.

How long do you guys leave twists in?
I try to leave them in for 7-10days depending on my work schedule. I will wear a twist out for a day or 2 before I wash and retwist.

Its funny my mini twists last longer on the frizz tip and look fuller but I've never had them threaten to loc. Are you doing wet or dry twists?

hi everyone.
i took my twists out this morning because when i took my cap off they look so old and raggedy lol. so im wearing a puff today.
i co washed with organix vanilla something something and i like it. its way better than the coconut milk one. and i used darcys botanicals peach kernal milk and shea butter as my moisturizers.
i got my qhemet stuff in the mail today so tonight im going to spray my hair with the karkady mist and then twists with the heavy cream. i will leave these twists in until next weekend.

today i went to the carols daughter store and purchased the hair milk and the some of margarites magic. i plan on using them to twist the next time i do so.

How did the twist out look?

You asked about twisting with Almond Glaze and I like it. I don't know if my hair was less frizzy but my twist out was shiny and soft.

Do you find using a gel helps with frizz? I'm not a fan of frizz but my twists from Monday are already frizzy even after sleeping in my silk wrap.

MY CONFESSION....
I CAVED!!!!

Yesterday I bought 4 lbs of conditioner base, avocado butter, coffee butter and some other fragrance oils from Camden Grey http://www.camdengrey.com/

I'm make my own conditioners so I needed to buy some products since I ran out. Did I need 4 pounds of it? Hmmm probably not :lachen: Surprisingly it only came to $68 bucks.

BM when you get your butter I'd like to know how you like them (consistency, price vs quantity, etc). I've heard some good things about coffee butter.

Girl whip you up some butters you'll really like it.:yep:

Hey Ya'll. Off & On (mostly Lurking).......

I am hoping to use some stuff up this wash day and planning out my Regi for this weekend (already):grin:.

IK I will be using the Lustrasilk-remix.:yawn::yawn: (boring)

Still a little unsure on my 'Choice' of Co-Wash Conditioners because I since out alot of the 6, 8, 10 ounce Conditioners to get rid of 'quickly.'

I may just go ahead and stick with the Olive Oil one (since I have 1/2 bottle left) I think it was 8 ounces. And Just use it up.

Other than that, not much going on here.:spinning:

I try to leave them in for 7-10days depending on my work schedule. I will wear a twist out for a day or 2 before I wash and retwist.

Its funny my mini twists last longer on the frizz tip and look fuller but I've never had them threaten to loc. Are you doing wet or dry twists?

How did the twist out look?

You asked about twisting with Almond Glaze and I like it. I don't know if my hair was less frizzy but my twist out was shiny and soft.

Do you find using a gel helps with frizz? I'm not a fan of frizz but my twists from Monday are already frizzy even after sleeping in my silk wrap.

BM when you get your butter I'd like to know how you like them (consistency, price vs quantity, etc). I've heard some good things about coffee butter.

Girl whip you up some butters you'll really like it.:yep:

Regardless of whether I do them wet or dry 3 days seems like my limit. I went past that once and....:wallbash::nono: it was really bad. I spent an entire day trying to unloc my hair. Maybe my hair is just picky like that? Maybe that is the first picky thing about my hair? With my luck:rolleyes: that would be it:wallbash:.

Last edited:
I finished one bottle of cocasta oil. Only two more to go! I have one more use of my banana brulee. I put it on my hair before I co-washed and I love it!

vonnie, im not a fan of gel at all so i dont use it on twists.
the twist out was cute in the back and not so cute in the front lol.

T, how is your scalp?

I am taking these twists out, I cant take it anymore.:wallbash: They are starting to loc up, even at my nape, which is like baby fine and wispy. I will just wash with the twists in and then unravel them as they airdry.

I think I found the one thing my hair hates.Twists, which is sad cuz its the only thing I can do.:lachen:

Well I'm not anti-relaxer but I hope that you give the 100% natural hair a try before going back to relaxers. I thought you liked the BKT? I think your curly hair looks awesome.
Aww, thanks! I like BKT but haven't done it since November. I'm trying to see if I notice a major difference in my hair post BKT. In addition, I found that broken section smack dab in the center of my head and I think the flat iron caused it.

My damage @ Meow wasn't that bad, a little over $150 and I feel like I got a bunch of stuff :look:

Aww, thanks! I like BKT but haven't done it since November. I'm trying to see if I notice a major difference in my hair post BKT. In addition, I found that broken section smack dab in the center of my head and I think the flat iron caused it.

My damage @ Meow wasn't that bad, a little over $150 and I feel like I got a bunch of stuff :look:

Oh I'm sorry to hear that!

Thanks for your suggestions. Its ok, I just took out the braids and re parted the hair!!Lol! I dont think the plaits were old at all, I only did them onSunday.

Back